PSL reperations!

Jimmy Juice

The team sold them as investments to the STHs coming out of Giants Stadium.  We just decided to go uppers, had lower endzone seats at GS.  Still have them, they are fine.  Will keep them, but don’t see passing down tickets to my kids like my parents did to me.  Honestly feel that the Jets will leave the area once Metlife reaches “end of life”.  More about seeing the folks I don’t normally see when I go to games at this point, family that I only get to see at games.  Tailgating is really what’s left.  

On 12/30/2023 at 10:29 AM, ChewyandtheJets said:

Agreed it is the cost of doing business.  For the most part NFL tickets are pretty reasonable compared to other sports because there are so few games.  Imagine having the Jets equivalent in baseball (umm, like the Mets), where you are trying to give away seats to 3-5 games in a week when they are way out of it in August and September.    At least with the Jets you can usually find someone happy to take them if only for a good tailgate experience.   This last year was particularly tough though with all the hype and subsequent predictable outcome.   I keep telling my family this next year is my last, the experience is a never ending bowl of suck, the commute a hassle, and the play a pile of hot garbage.   They are calling me out saying I’m bluffing and that I’ll regret it when they finally win.   I reply that in a league of parity where one of four teams wins the division and gets a home playoff game how it is even statistically possible not to have had a single home playoff game in over 20 years.   The ineptitude boggles the mind.   Anyway that’s my reason to drop the tickets or at least downgrade the expense away from club seats to the lower bowl at half the cost, not the PSL which I consider a long sunk cost that has depreciated down to nothing.   If anything we should look into whether we can write off the original value of the PSL as a capital loss for tax purposes.   Buy for $30k and walk away at zero.   Probably a legit question.  

If the home playoff game is what you're concerned about, why not just save all this ST money and buck up for tickets on the secondary market, should the Jets ever get a home playoff game?  Heck, if you still want to go to all the games, you can probably do so cheaper by buying seats on the secondary market anyway.  I mean, think of how cheap tickets have been the past few games?  We have that almost every year.

On 12/31/2023 at 8:16 AM, jmat321 said:

The team sold them as investments to the STHs coming out of Giants Stadium.  We just decided to go uppers, had lower endzone seats at GS.  Still have them, they are fine.  Will keep them, but don’t see passing down tickets to my kids like my parents did to me.  Honestly feel that the Jets will leave the area once Metlife reaches “end of life”.  More about seeing the folks I don’t normally see when I go to games at this point, family that I only get to see at games.  Tailgating is really what’s left.  

I never understood the investment part or fans believing that they could’ve an investment 

when I bought my first 2 seats the field was setup for a concert and the rep was telling me about how great it will be that I can get my exact two seats for those type of events since I owned the seats

ibtold him that us great except what happens when the giant fan who owns the same two seats wants them for the same event?

never got an answer

they are what they are, a vig to get your same seats and maybe offsetting the cost of the new stadium but who knows

what I always find entertaining is the posts about how the west side stadium should have happened and if it did the jets would be a winning org

question to anyone what  would the psl have been there since it is not shared and would the backlash be the same?

Do the Jets still sell PSLs? I still have PSLs for 2 seats I bought when the stadium was built. I remember thinking at the time that there was a tiny chance they'd increase in value if the Jets went on a run maybe sometime between years 5 and 10. Alas, that didn't happen.

I know there are sites like this one which are/used to be secondary markets for PSLs - https://www.pslsource.com/buy_new_york_jets_psl

I used to pay attention to this but it was hard to tell - they show list prices but not sale prices.

I moved out of state a while ago. Still made it to two games this year. I really should give up the seats as, each year, it's a tiny money making or losing endeavor. Like I make a couple hundred or lose a couple hundred selling each year. It's super easy with stub hub and the like. But still...unless I move back, it's kind of nuts to keep these things. I do still LOVE going to games. It's just a hike these days....