You’re the GM, what’s your offseason plan?

I’d spend every waking moment figuring out the real identity of the poster here who I talked all that crap in the tunnel, drive to where he lives, and turn him into a walking Bavarian.

I legit cannot remember that damn poster.  Did he get banned?   Is he now JustinFudged?

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, Claymation said:

Davis has played better than Whitehead last year. He has the same amount of turnovers as Whitehead in spite of playing only 20% of the snaps. QBs have a QBR of 33.3 against Davis, QBs have 78.8 QBR against Whitehead. Same amount of TFL.

Davis has produced some big plays, but to me these numbers are deceiving.

Why wouldn’t they just play him over Tony Adams then?

It is also more beneficial to resign Whitehead, because when they restructured him last year, he has a $3M dead hit towards the 24 cap. If he resigns it would free up cap space (be able to manipulate it) as opposed to using excess on another free agent.

21 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Davis has produced some big plays, but to me these numbers are deceiving.

Why wouldn’t they just play him over Tony Adams then?

It is also more beneficial to resign Whitehead, because when they restructured him last year, he has a $3M dead hit towards the 24 cap. If he resigns it would free up cap space (be able to manipulate it) as opposed to using excess on another free agent.

Adams is a Free Safety. Davis primarily played Strong and 3rd safety slot.

49 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Adams is a Free Safety. Davis primarily played Strong and 3rd safety slot.

I don’t think teams emphasize free and strong types as much anymore. The top teams want to disguise coverages as much as they can and have interchangeable players.

I think the plan is to free up cap space and sign a bunch of guys-OL, WR, others, who are slightly better and hopefully more durable than the guys we have.  We will hope for talent upgrade in the draft.  I can see those picks being BAP regardless of position, which is why we need to sign G, T and WR. 

7 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I don’t think teams emphasize free and strong types as much anymore. The top teams want to disguise coverages as much as they can and have interchangeable players.

Whitehead played primarily in the box and his miss tackle percentage was pretty high. 
Davis played well this past year. If you didn’t see that then I can’t help you. 

14 hours ago, Claymation said:

Whitehead played primarily in the box and his miss tackle percentage was pretty high. 
Davis played well this past year. If you didn’t see that then I can’t help you. 

You’re right, signing Chuck Clark AND Adrian Amos last year probably had nothing to do with them being able to play both free and strong.