This morning there was frost on the ground. The picture below is a church soccer field I walk across every morning with the pups. This will be it for winter for the Texas Gulf Coast, Spring is rushing towards us and while it's possible we get another freeze, history says it's unlikely. There was a writer who published weekly columns in a Houston newspaper that drove south every year to find Spring. He defined it as the point where Sage was in bloom. He would hit that point, declare he found Spring, head back and write a column forecasting when it would hit Houston. The Live Oaks will shed their leaves in a few weeks - it happens fast, those trees are never naked and soon after summer. 

Frost.jpg

Spring?  Summer? Winter? 

We are getting it all here in Northern Illinois today.  Highs in the 70s with sun shining this afternoon, now in a tornado watch as severe storms are expected to move through this evening.  After the front moves through it is supposed to drop to below 20 with a chance of snow overnight.  

16 hours ago, Lith said:

Spring?  Summer? Winter? 

We are getting it all here in Northern Illinois today.  Highs in the 70s with sun shining this afternoon, now in a tornado watch as severe storms are expected to move through this evening.  After the front moves through it is supposed to drop to below 20 with a chance of snow overnight.  

Same in TN. 🥶

I got in my truck at 6am and it was 70 degrees.

I got out to go to work at 6:55 and it was 45 degrees.