Goodbye Mekhi? Becton visits Cinci today

I’ll pay for the flat bed to haul his fat ass up there. He’s a top 5 Jets 1st round draft bust, and that saying something. 

Honestly - he just came across as a tone deaf defeatist. From the outside he appeared to still.be locked in at child-mode.

If he was all business and came across as working his ass off to get back on the field and supporting the team any way he could the narrative might be a little different.

Something like "I know as fans it's frustrating when injuries like this occur .. but believe me I'm going to work my ass off to get back and dominate... Our QB needs protection and it will come when I'm back ... Hopefully soon."

Instead of ...

"Big Bust .. bla bla bla"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, chirorob said:

If he signs as a FA, I believe that then allows the Jets to get a 4th as comp for losing Huff.

Yes, I read it, no I don't have a link available.

Based on overthecap's projections, we're still -1 on the gains / losses. So we need two signings to get into the positive and get a comp for Huff.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

LOST - Huff, Whitehead, Jefferson

GAINED - Simpson, Kinlaw, Taylor, Smith

(Others don't qualify).

If Becton does sign somewhere, for decent money, that would have us at +4 / -4. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Based on overthecap's projections, we're still -1 on the gains / losses. So we need two signings to get into the positive and get a comp for Huff.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

LOST - Huff, Whitehead, Jefferson

GAINED - Simpson, Kinlaw, Taylor, Smith

(Others don't qualify).

If Becton does sign somewhere, for decent money, that would have us at +4 / -4. 

I found the deadline for signed UFA's to count for Comp picks:  

A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

So if Becton is signed somewhere before Tuesday, April 30, then he will count as a lost UFA towards comp picks.  If he is signed On April 30 or later, Becton will not count towards acquiring comp picks.

• Sympathy 1

I found the deadline for signed UFA's to count for Comp picks:  
A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.
So if Becton is signed somewhere before Tuesday, April 30, then he will count as a lost UFA towards comp picks.  If he is signed On April 30 or later, Becton will not count towards acquiring comp picks.
Correct. And the longer it goes till he signs, the less likely it is that he'll get a contract that would have him qualify anyway. If anyone was going to sign him to a decent contract they'd have done it already. He's likely looking at a one year low-value "prove it" deal at this stage.

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Honestly - he just came across as a tone deaf defeatist. From the outside he appeared to still.be locked in at child-mode.

If he was all business and came across as working his ass off to get back on the field and supporting the team any way he could the narrative might be a little different.

Something like "I know as fans it's frustrating when injuries like this occur .. but believe me I'm going to work my ass off to get back and dominate... Our QB needs protection and it will come when I'm back ... Hopefully soon."

Instead of ...

"Big Bust .. bla bla bla"

At least he doesn't play real life Grand Theft Auto like Rashee Rice!