Goodbye Mekhi? Becton visits Cinci today

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The Becton bashing is Zach Wilson Justice Warriors trying to make him the scapegoat 

Nonsense, he stunk last year.

People keep coming up with this narrative that because wilson sucked every other absolute jag on this team is good.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Whenever the Steelers sign a Jet (or draft a guy the Jets were going to take, like Broderick Jones), you just know the Jets blew it.  

I'm not aware of any indication the Jets were going to take Broderick Jones.

Knowing he was the last upper-rated tackle left on the board, if Douglas truly wanted Jones he quite easily could've traded up to get him like he did with AVT (except this move-up would've been far less costly). It was an easy swap with GB, and would've cost the Jets less to do that than Pittsburgh paid to leapfrog the Jets (or he could've made an offer to New England, who would've dropped just 1 slot instead of 3).

Like it or not - and plenty do not like it at all - from the leaks (and footage) at the time he/they had Jones behind both McDonald and Mayer. 

Whatever he may or not become over the years, has Broderick Jones really shown he's all that anyway? If the Jets had drafted him in round 1 then I can only imagine all the gloriously trashy PFF rank posts we'd be treated to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like it or not - and plenty do not like it at all - from the leaks (and footage) at the time he/they had Jones behind both McDonald and Mayer. 

Jets knew McDonald was a very good athlete with unique qualities that needed to be developed. Jets understood that Huff & JJ would get the bulk of the snaps. Certain individuals love to point out “a 19% snap count” made #15 a wasted pick. They fail to remember JJ was around 27% snap count in 2022.

Jets can’t win… they get ragged on when trying to develop pass rushers, and they get ragged on when they have to overpay for FA PR and fans complain we don’t have a “pipeline” of young talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:05 AM, section314 said:

I'm sure Joe Burrow is elated.

This kid will be the next Vlad Ducasse.  Under performed, drafted way ahead of where he should have but will be in the league 10 years and no one will remember him but he will have made $50 million.  Good for him. He is, IMO, JD's legacy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

This kid will be the next Vlad Ducasse.  Under performed, drafted way ahead of where he should have but will be in the league 10 years and no one will remember him but he will have made $50 million.  Good for him. He is, IMO, JD's legacy.

How are you? NC State has put a little juice in things down there.😎

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nonsense, he stunk last year.

People keep coming up with this narrative that because wilson sucked every other absolute jag on this team is good.

Yeah, this.

Whatever contract he might have squeezed out of a team probably got cut in half that last month of the season.

If I was an even bigger jerk than I already am, I'd necro the many posts killing Douglas for not exercising his 5th year option -- and there were many. Never mind many additional ones later, suggesting we should franchise tag Becton after the season because JD failed in not exercising that option that'd have guaranteed Becton like another $13MM in 2024). It was insane. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out the Jets just have the uncanny ability to find players who are out of the league bad very early in the draft. In must be in their GM handbook passed down from one to the next.

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2024 at 4:22 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Jets knew McDonald was a very good athlete with unique qualities that needed to be developed. Jets understood that Huff & JJ would get the bulk of the snaps. Certain individuals love to point out “a 19% snap count” made #15 a wasted pick. They fail to remember JJ was around 27% snap count in 2022.

Jets can’t win… they get ragged on when trying to develop pass rushers, and they get ragged on when they have to overpay for FA PR and fans complain we don’t have a “pipeline” of young talent.

My only issue with McDonald was that he was/is too light.  The night of the draft I believe he was listed at 237, which is borderline light for a 3-4 outside linebacker.  I don't remember an NFL defensive end being in the 230s since the 80s.

I have no problems with them drafting a DE to allow him to transition to the NFL, I didn't like it cause they drafted a linebacker sized player to play DE. 

That being said, he's here, and I hope he plays lights out.  It's also why I won't be mad if they go O Tackle in the 1st.   Last year they were crushed by injuries, and 1 or both of their current tackles may leave after the season. 

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

My only issue with McDonald was that he was/is too light.  The night of the draft I believe he was listed at 237, which is borderline light for a 3-4 outside linebacker.  I don't remember an NFL defensive end being in the 230s since the 80s.

I have no problems with them drafting a DE to allow him to transition to the NFL, I didn't like it cause they drafted a linebacker sized player to play DE. 

That being said, he's here, and I hope he plays lights out.  It's also why I won't be mad if they go O Tackle in the 1st.   Last year they were crushed by injuries, and 1 or both of their current tackles may leave after the season. 

Isn't Reddick a DE that came out at the same size?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

wait did becton sign???? with who? or no?

So whats the deal right now if he is not signed is he unemployed??

Still unemployed at the moment.

I was researching this yesterday, I thought Mekhi had signed with the Bungles - but he did not.

He's still a free agent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Still unemployed at the moment.

I was researching this yesterday, I thought Mekhi had signed with the Bungles - but he did not.

He's still a free agent.

If he signs as a FA, I believe that then allows the Jets to get a 4th as comp for losing Huff.

Yes, I read it, no I don't have a link available.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

What do you think H Reddick height and weight is.  He’s glorified lb too 6’1 240

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

reddick is 240

edit: appears this has already been brought up