Learn from Huff: Extend Carter II & Reed this offseason

DJ Reed. Because if Jamal Adams ever gets back on a team I don't him to play with DJ Reed again. Because when they were together in Seattle DJ's awesome play hid a lot of Jamal's shortcomings and every time DJ bossed out Jamal danced around like he himself did something. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I want to hear about a D.J. Reed extension soon, one that gives the team some cap relief this year. As for MC2? He’s great, but I actually trust this defensive staff to coach up another slot CB. Because that’s the conversation they’ll be having: what’s worth more? MC2 in the slot at $XM/year? Or a comp pick for him, and a pretty good slot on a rookie contract? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i think they should start on the GW, Sauce, JJ and breece extensions.

if i was there agent i would wait to see who replaces Rodgers at QB.

if it turns out to be another drafted QB who plays like Zach i would be gone. none of them will want to stay here with that again. 

and they will have to sit through ANOTHER drafted QB before there contract ends because the 1st one failed.

48 minutes ago, slats said:

I want to hear about a D.J. Reed extension soon, one that gives the team some cap relief this year. As for MC2? He’s great, but I actually trust this defensive staff to coach up another slot CB. Because that’s the conversation they’ll be having: what’s worth more? MC2 in the slot at $XM/year? Or a comp pick for him, and a pretty good slot on a rookie contract? 

Yep, was thinking the same thing.  Slots are less valuable overall and with extensions on the mid term horizon for Sauce/Garrett/JJ/Breece, one of these 2 might become expendable.