Random Rant; Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell Blasts Adam Gase

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

insinuating Gase was playing Madden on game days 🤣🤣

Gase was playing Madden on game days?!  That's quite a revelation if true.

I still get the feeling Gase worked circles around Saleh, even with the video game playing.  Plus if Saleh was playing video games, you know it would be golf.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase was playing Madden on game days?!  That's quite a revelation if true.

I still get the feeling Gase worked circles around Saleh, even with the video game playing.  Plus if Saleh was playing video games, you know it would be golf.

Worked circles?! 😅 Gase was an offensive coach with a better QB and the Jets offense still sucked. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Worked circles?! 😅 Gase was an offensive coach with a better QB and the Jets offense still sucked. 

That has nothing to do with the amount of work he put in.  IIRC, there were stories about how Gase was a nutjob when it came to putting time in  the office.  Something too about always ordering pizza.

The Saleh stories were stuff like Hackett was putting in 18 hour weeks.

EDIT:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_raises_red_flags_regarding_jets_oc_nathaniel_hackett/s1_13132_39896577

In The Athletic report, several coaches and players bashed Hackett for "lacking in attention to detail" and waiting until the "last minute" to game prep with the entire offensive staff. 

According to the report, Hackett also appeared stubborn to make adjustments during games, with the Jets' Week 2 matchup against the Cowboys serving as a prime example. Offensive line coach/running game coordinator Keith Carter reportedly asked Hackett for more help on the left side, where tackle Duane Brown was struggling to block Micah Parsons. No changes were made, however, allowing Dallas' standout linebacker to finish with two sacks and four quarterback hits in New York's 30-10 loss.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/01/31/bombshell-report-reveals-startling-details-of-ny-jets-dysfunction/

Hard Knocks showcased what Jets reporters had long seen in practice: the offensive line was a sieve. One Jets coach commented on the lack of urgency Hackett showed. Per the article, the coach said “he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.” Other coaches and players said that Hackett “lacked attention to detail.” Furthermore, Hackett did not meet with much of his offensive staff until last-minute game prep.

In Week 2, Micah Parsons dominated Duane Brown to the tune of two sacks and four quarterback hits. Offensive line coach Keith Carter asked Hackett to give Brown blocking help, but to no avail.

When the Jets started playing younger players, including Jeremy Ruckert, Xavier Gipson, and Carter Warren, Hackett tried to return to the plays he had planned to run with Rodgers at the helm. Things got worse. Presnap penalties were abundant, as the Jets led the league in both that area and total penalties.

After the Jets’ 30-0 loss to Miami in Week 15, Lazard stated they were “out-efforted” and “outschemed.” Considering that Lazard was the worst qualified receiver in the NFL by many metrics (including yards per route run and drops), several defensive leaders were angry about those comments.

Saleh

The report does not spare Saleh from criticism. The Jets coach presents a positive face to the media with his “All gas, no brake” mantra. Internally, though, the report indicates that Saleh was frustrated by negative press coverage, especially compared to the Giants.

Saleh also seemed to take a “woe is me” attitude when Rodgers went down. He did research and found that many successful coaches, including Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh, Mike McDaniel, and Kyle Shanahan, all had losing records when they lost their top quarterback. This seemed to be his excuse in a bid for job security, especially since Woody Johnson would reference the negative press coverage in meetings. Saleh also privately blamed Zach Wilson, the offensive line, and the receivers for the Jets’ offensive issues.

Through the adversity of the entire season, Saleh’s talking point was, per the report, “What do you expect? We lost Aaron Rodgers.” Many within the organization were unimpressed with how Saleh fawned over Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That has nothing to do with the amount of work he put in.  IIRC, there were stories about how Gase was a nutjob when it came to putting time in  the office.  Something too about always ordering pizza.

Gase famously missed his kids’ birthdays and slept in the office most nights during the season. LeVeon Bell was ******* toast and already working on his rap career by the time Maccagnan traded for him. Bell also knew Gase wanted no part of trading for Bell. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

EDIT:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_raises_red_flags_regarding_jets_oc_nathaniel_hackett/s1_13132_39896577

In The Athletic report, several coaches and players bashed Hackett for "lacking in attention to detail" and waiting until the "last minute" to game prep with the entire offensive staff. 

According to the report, Hackett also appeared stubborn to make adjustments during games, with the Jets' Week 2 matchup against the Cowboys serving as a prime example. Offensive line coach/running game coordinator Keith Carter reportedly asked Hackett for more help on the left side, where tackle Duane Brown was struggling to block Micah Parsons. No changes were made, however, allowing Dallas' standout linebacker to finish with two sacks and four quarterback hits in New York's 30-10 loss.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/01/31/bombshell-report-reveals-startling-details-of-ny-jets-dysfunction/

Hard Knocks showcased what Jets reporters had long seen in practice: the offensive line was a sieve. One Jets coach commented on the lack of urgency Hackett showed. Per the article, the coach said “he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.” Other coaches and players said that Hackett “lacked attention to detail.” Furthermore, Hackett did not meet with much of his offensive staff until last-minute game prep.

In Week 2, Micah Parsons dominated Duane Brown to the tune of two sacks and four quarterback hits. Offensive line coach Keith Carter asked Hackett to give Brown blocking help, but to no avail.

When the Jets started playing younger players, including Jeremy Ruckert, Xavier Gipson, and Carter Warren, Hackett tried to return to the plays he had planned to run with Rodgers at the helm. Things got worse. Presnap penalties were abundant, as the Jets led the league in both that area and total penalties.

After the Jets’ 30-0 loss to Miami in Week 15, Lazard stated they were “out-efforted” and “outschemed.” Considering that Lazard was the worst qualified receiver in the NFL by many metrics (including yards per route run and drops), several defensive leaders were angry about those comments.

Saleh

The report does not spare Saleh from criticism. The Jets coach presents a positive face to the media with his “All gas, no brake” mantra. Internally, though, the report indicates that Saleh was frustrated by negative press coverage, especially compared to the Giants.

Saleh also seemed to take a “woe is me” attitude when Rodgers went down. He did research and found that many successful coaches, including Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh, Mike McDaniel, and Kyle Shanahan, all had losing records when they lost their top quarterback. This seemed to be his excuse in a bid for job security, especially since Woody Johnson would reference the negative press coverage in meetings. Saleh also privately blamed Zach Wilson, the offensive line, and the receivers for the Jets’ offensive issues.

Through the adversity of the entire season, Saleh’s talking point was, per the report, “What do you expect? We lost Aaron Rodgers.” Many within the organization were unimpressed with how Saleh fawned over Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase famously missed his kids’ birthdays and slept in the office most nights during the season. LeVeon Bell was ******* toast and already working on his rap career by the time Maccagnan traded for him. Bell also knew Gase wanted no part of trading for Bell. 

So the lesson is that Gase worked like a madman (with the occasional game time Madden session) and still sucked as bad as he did? sh*t, you got me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

So the lesson is that Gase worked like a madman (with the occasional game time Madden session) and still sucked as bad as he did? sh*t, you got me.

I still appreciate that he worked hard.  With Saleh he stinks and he doesn't seem to give a F.  He seemingly just wants to play golf and have AR8 win him some games so he can get a 2nd contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still appreciate that he worked hard.  With Saleh he stinks and he doesn't seem to give a F.  He seemingly just wants to play golf and have AR8 win him some games so he can get a 2nd contract.

tombstone.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still think it's worse to have a HC who loses but also doesn't give a F.  It's an embarrassment.

I can't wait until you are sh*tting all over Sean Payton when he exiles your boy to the NFL scrap heap. Because that's what this is all about. You have to be pretty bitter to defend Adam Gase in any way. 

20240621_153558.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, bicketybam said:

I can't wait until you are sh*tting all over Sean Payton when he exiles your boy to the NFL scrap heap. Because that's what this is all about. You have to be pretty bitter to defend Adam Gase in any way. 

20240621_153558.jpg

I was defending Gase?  Lol.  

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was defending Gase?  Lol.  

It's ironic that you are ripping Saleh for not working hard enough when your boy packed his sh*t up and spilt before the season was even over. He QUIT on the team. Throwing stones, glass houses and stuff.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It's ironic that you are ripping Saleh for not working hard enough when your boy packed his sh*t up and spilt before the season was even over. He QUIT on the team. Throwing stones, glass houses and stuff.

"The look of dehydration"

Zach_Wilson_Injury_Update_121823.gif.f4a5e65c877a8e874fee6e59e2d508b3.gif

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

And HOF'er Aaron Rodgers didn't take as big of a hit yet he didn't make it back.  

And yet he was back by the end of the year. The Dolphins knocked Zach back to Utah.

Please stop 😅

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

And yet he was back by the end of the year. The Dolphins knocked Zach back to Utah.

Please stop 😅

He was?  I don't recall him playing again.  And if he could've played but chose not to then aren't you arguing that he quit on the team?

20 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I still can’t believe they actually chose to hire Adam Gase.

Because of stupid a$$ Peyton Manning.

But the front office/Woody Johnson is just as stupid, for actually listening to that fraudulent pr!ck.

On 6/20/2024 at 5:09 PM, JetNation said:

LeVeon-Bell.jpg

Le’Veon Bell just made more noise with a single tweet than he ever did on the field in his short time with the Jets.

Bell, one of the top running backs in the NFL as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, signed with the Jets as a free agent prior to the start of the 2019 season.  As a member of the Jets, Bell was  a shell of his former self, averaging just 3.3 yards per carry in two seasons.  And it seems Bell wants people to know that he wasn’t the only problem.

The running back took to twitter today to take some random, but likely accurate shots at former head coach Adam Gase.

“I still randomly think about how PISSED I used to be in the huddle when Adam Gase would call ’21 dive’ on 2nd & 10,” Bell wrote on X. “That’s a HALF BACK DIVE FROM SHOTGUN for the people that doesn’t understand what that fully means … lol.

“LeV I just need you to get 3 for a third and manageable’

Famous for having worked under Peyton Manning in Denver, Gase has failed to find a job since being let go by the Jets after doing his best to steal the title of worst head coach in team history from Rich Kotite.

Le’Veon Bell was obviously cooked from the moment he arrived at 1 Jets Drive, but having Adam Gase running the offense certainly didn’t help matters.

Bell would go on to say that quarterback Sam Darnold’s body language told the rest of the huddle what he though of Gase’s play calls.

Sam would be saying the play out loud just shakin his head in the huddle .. lol

Le’Veon Bell via x

The post Random Rant; Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell Blasts Adam Gase appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Bro I still randomly think how I never thought we could be worse and then weird eyes took over and we were. The second and long dives were not even the worst plays. It was the quick out to wr at the line of scrimmage with three defenders in front of him..

Those were the worst 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Whatever happened to Adam Gase? Has there ever been an NFL coach to completely disappear like that? Not even a college coordinator job or nothing? 

I think he was once rumored to be in the running for the pats OC position.  Belichick wanted to replace McDaniels with an even more obnoxious douche

not really sure how Gase managed to have any success at all in Miami.  Kotite it was obvious he had a loaded roster in Philly and Cunningham was literally calling his own plays in the huddle.  I have no idea how Gase ever managed to make a playoff he was God Awful

On 6/20/2024 at 8:09 PM, JetNation said:

LeVeon-Bell.jpg

Le’Veon Bell just made more noise with a single tweet than he ever did on the field in his short time with the Jets.

Bell, one of the top running backs in the NFL as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, signed with the Jets as a free agent prior to the start of the 2019 season.  As a member of the Jets, Bell was  a shell of his former self, averaging just 3.3 yards per carry in two seasons.  And it seems Bell wants people to know that he wasn’t the only problem.

The running back took to twitter today to take some random, but likely accurate shots at former head coach Adam Gase.

“I still randomly think about how PISSED I used to be in the huddle when Adam Gase would call ’21 dive’ on 2nd & 10,” Bell wrote on X. “That’s a HALF BACK DIVE FROM SHOTGUN for the people that doesn’t understand what that fully means … lol.

“LeV I just need you to get 3 for a third and manageable’

Famous for having worked under Peyton Manning in Denver, Gase has failed to find a job since being let go by the Jets after doing his best to steal the title of worst head coach in team history from Rich Kotite.

Le’Veon Bell was obviously cooked from the moment he arrived at 1 Jets Drive, but having Adam Gase running the offense certainly didn’t help matters.

Bell would go on to say that quarterback Sam Darnold’s body language told the rest of the huddle what he though of Gase’s play calls.

Sam would be saying the play out loud just shakin his head in the huddle .. lol

Le’Veon Bell via x

The post Random Rant; Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell Blasts Adam Gase appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

I waited to reply to this for a while!

There was a LARGE number of us fans who said when GASE was hired that he would RUIN Darnold and we were right!

GASE WAS AWFUL!!!

The Jets made me sick during this time.....SICK!!!

Now if we had only kept Darnold, he may have SUCKED but he would  NOT have pooped the bed like Zack Wilson and Mike Lefleur I truly believe would still be here instead of Hackett! And we would have a MODERN offense for ONCE!!!

We are just a CRAZY Franchise man... Crazy!!