Jets top Panthers 15-12 in Week 2 Preseason Matchup

Will-McDonald-vs-Car.jpg

The Jets offensive line and quarterback play took a step back in week two of the preseason after a strong showing in week 1.  Rookie Andrew Peasley started under center but wasn’t able to get anything going as he was under duress for much of the first half.

Adrian Martinez, who connected on a couple of deep balls last week would throw for just 67 yards and an interception on 7 for 17 passing.

The Jets did do some good things on defense and special teams where Will McDonald managed a sack off of a beautiful spin move early on while linebackers Zaire Barnes and Chazz Surratt combined for thirteen tackles.

Jets kickers were a perfect five out of five on field goal attempts with Greg Zuerlein hitting his one attempt and Austin Seibert going 4-4 including a 52-yarder.

Cornerback Brandon Codrington had the Jets two biggest plays of the day as he returned a kick 63 yards before bringing a punt back 52 yards later in the day.

The post Jets top Panthers 15-12 in Week 2 Preseason Matchup appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 1

I’m rooting for McDonald but I would like the Jets to stop taking guys at the top of the draft with the plan of changing their body type.   First round picks should not be projects and taking a really light guy (McDonald) or an obese guy (Becton) with the idea they can simply transform their metabolism or a lifetime of eating habits is foolish and a bit arrogant imo.  It’s fine to take projects with the plan/hope of changing them just not in the first two rounds.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JetNation said:

Will-McDonald-vs-Car.jpg

The Jets offensive line and quarterback play took a step back in week two of the preseason after a strong showing in week 1.  Rookie Andrew Peasley started under center but wasn’t able to get anything going as he was under duress for much of the first half.

Adrian Martinez, who connected on a couple of deep balls last week would throw for just 67 yards and an interception on 7 for 17 passing.

The Jets did do some good things on defense and special teams where Will McDonald managed a sack off of a beautiful spin move early on while linebackers Zaire Barnes and Chazz Surratt combined for thirteen tackles.

Jets kickers were a perfect five out of five on field goal attempts with Greg Zuerlein hitting his one attempt and Austin Seibert going 4-4 including a 52-yarder.

Cornerback Brandon Codrington had the Jets two biggest plays of the day as he returned a kick 63 yards before bringing a punt back 52 yards later in the day.

The post Jets top Panthers 15-12 in Week 2 Preseason Matchup appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Good summary vid.

Am I the only guy annoyed af by someone who wears a beanie with a nice emblem meant to be front and center, but his hat is turned 20 degrees? Watching this vid, staring at his hat, ruined my whole week! AARRRRGGG! Dude!!! Fix your hat!!! 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Good summary vid.

Am I the only guy annoyed af by someone who wears a beanie with a nice emblem meant to be front and center, but his hat is turned 20 degrees? Watching this vid, staring at his hat, ruined my whole week! AARRRRGGG! Dude!!! Fix your hat!!! 

• Haha 1

Watched this on replay. Generally uninspired play, casual approach on many levels. Blades Jr. dropped an easy interception that a decent high school player would make, Charles with a very lazy approach to a blocked punt that should have been blocked and then returned for a touchdown, The usual Jet melange of careless and undisciplined penalties...all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team that is a product of a country club style training camp. No intensity. Saleh in his usual arms crossed arms pose looking like he would rather be on the golf course instead of getting into some players faces as they come to the sideline after they screw up...perhaps he'll get his wish soon enough. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Good summary vid.

Just for that I'm wearing it upside down next week.

• Haha 1