League wide waivers cuts and transactions

On 8/29/2024 at 8:59 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Irv Charles is a big dude that is on the team as a special teams guy.  Knue is a total fidget.  I have no doubt he is a better WR prospect than Charles, but that wouldn't necessarily get him on the roster.  So are Brownlee and Smith.  FWIW, the Bucs said they are not adding Knue to their practice squad (for now at least).

I appreciate the response, but being a better WR shouldn't get him in the roster? The little sample that I saw, Knue is better than Brownlee and Smith as well 

I guess? I don't think it's hard to upgrade from brownlee. Cine is just a lotto ticket at this point. Former first round picks rarely get cut so quickly so there's likely major issues with him. He had a lot of talent coming into the league though. Would have been interesting to see if our cs could rejuvenate him.
Gruesome compound leg fracture in his first season was the major issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I appreciate the response, but being a better WR shouldn't get him in the roster? The little sample that I saw, Knue is better than Brownlee and Smith as well 

Yes, being a better WR is not a path to beating Irv Charles out for a spot on the 53.  He'd have to be better than Charles on specials.  Being better than Brownlee and Smith would deserve a practice squad slot, but not necessarily on the 53. 

Appreciate the call out on the kid.  He does not seem to have caught on with a practice squad yet which is unusual for a kid with actual preseason production.  Maybe he is a bit of a Deontay Burnett that is a good WR but doesn't provide any special teams that you need/expect from WR on the bottom of your depth chart?

• Upvote 1