When Big QB Contracts Backfire: Are Teams Paying the Price?

nycdan

On 9/16/2024 at 4:49 PM, Blackout said:

The NFL needs to make the rules more run friendly to stop this insanity of overhyped and overpaid QBs

The rules encourage passing more than ever and its watered down the product

Ironically, passing yards and passing TDs are down the last 2 seasons.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s dumb to trade HOF talent away.  Unless signing is impossible for some reason. 

But think of the cap space and magic beans… I mean draft picks… we can get in return!

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see how Harbaugh does on his 2nd go around.  He’s building a true ground and pound team that in theory will be plug and play at the qb position.    If anyone can move on from the overpaid qb it will be him.  If it’s successful I assume other teams will copy the formula or at least try to. 

Interesting topic. I will say for the most part, they backfire. Only the actual transcendent QBs will continue to keep their teams competitive after eating up so much cap - the Mahomes, Allens, Burrows, Rodgers, Lamars of the world. QBs like Tua, Trevor, Watson, etc. will ultimately be contracts that those teams regret