Has Chaz Surratt been better then C.J. Mosley?

So Mosely has now been out for 2 and a half games with his toe.  There has been no word (that I've seen) on when he'll return.

He was replaced as starting MLB with Chaz Surratt, whose played ~67% of our snaps this year as a result.

So far, Surratt has generated 2, 2, 2 and 1 tackles in our last 4 games.  0 TFL.  0 Sacks.  0 INT.  0 PD's.  0 QB Hits (he had 1 as a backup in week 1).

I actually cannot recall hearing his named called even once this year.

Early on the meme was that Mosley was replaced by Williams, but that is inaccurate, Williams remains the OLB but took on making the calls on D.  And Williams is playing very well.

But the guy who replaced Mosley was Surratt, and Surratt has done....seemingly very little.

What am I missing here with Surratt?  Or were we in fact better with Mosley instead of Surratt?

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

CJ Mosley is the epitome of a NY Jet. An aging, expensive veteran who treats the Jets like an annuity that he never paid into.

There are guys bagging groceries who can do what Mosley does at 1/10th the cost. Yes, Chaz Surratt, and my Trader Joe's cashier, are better players.

Mosley never wanted to come here.  We had to overpay by a lot to get him to agree to come here (probably the players' association helped guilt him into accepting our offer because it raised the salaries for LBs).  He also took the covid year off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

So Mosely has now been out for 2 and a half games with his toe.  There has been no word (that I've seen) on when he'll return.

He was replaced as starting MLB with Chaz Surratt, whose played ~67% of our snaps this year as a result.

So far, Surratt has generated 2, 2, 2 and 1 tackles in our last 4 games.  0 TFL.  0 Sacks.  0 INT.  0 PD's.  0 QB Hits (he had 1 as a backup in week 1).

I actually cannot recall hearing his named called even once this year.

Early on the meme was that Mosley was replaced by Williams, but that is inaccurate, Williams remains the OLB but took on making the calls on D.  And Williams is playing very well.

But the guy who replaced Mosley was Surratt, and Surratt has done....seemingly very little.

What am I missing here with Surratt?  Or were we in fact better with Mosley instead of Surratt?

Sherwood. JAMIEN Sherwood... 

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

33 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

@Warfish Surratt and Sherwood are two different people ;)

Surratt is subbed on & off the field on defense. He hasn't played 20+ defensive snaps in any game this season. He is not starting.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SurrCh00/fantasy/2024/

image.png

Sherwood has taken Mosley's starting spot (his snap counts are 95% or more these last 3 games that Mosley's fully missed):

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SherJa00/fantasy/2024

image.png

I was wrong, you're correct.  I looked up his overall percentage of snaps, and it was listed as 67%, but clealry his special teams snaps is what that represented, not his regular Defensive snaps.

I looked at Sherwood as well, and he seems to be playing well, albeit it still seems to be mostly/all Williams making the impact plays but clearly I was wrong. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was wrong, you're correct.  I looked up his overall percentage of snaps, and it was listed as 67%, but clealry his special teams snaps is what that represented, not his regular Defensive snaps.

I looked at Sherwood as well, and he seems to be playing well, albeit it still seems to be mostly/all Williams making the impact plays but clearly I was wrong. 

Que Surratt Surratt? ;)