SALEH FIRED

nj meadowlands

8 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Kind of a tangent but Nate Tice's podcast touched on the Saleh thing/the problem with the Jets offense. Basically his diagnoses is Rodgers is playing his favorite hits with the playcalling but it's all stuff that modern defenses have figured out. It worked with Lafleur because there was another adult in the room to synthesize the way he likes to play with 2024 concepts but here they don't have anyone to get him out of his comfort zone. 

Piggybacking on this, NFL Network had talked about how Hackett would give Rodgers three plays to choose from each down, and let him make the decision.  If the above is accurate, and Rodgers is picking his outdated favorites, maybe that needs to change asap.

46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The way Denver and Minn played Defense is what teams are going to do for the rest of the season - and fundamentally the same as what they've been doing for the last 3 years but for different reasons - out-man the O-Line and blitz the sh*t out of the QB every play. For Zach, it was "make him uncomfortable and he'll throw us the ball". For Rodgers its, "he's 40 years old and can't move anymore and is skittish about being hit". SO far, its worked.

How do you beat that? SCREENS. Who made his name on screen plays? Corley. But lets play Lil' Gipper and pretend Rodgers is 30 and Allen Lazard is Jordy Nelson. LOL. 

Go get Adams TODAY and start utilizing Corley in a similar fashion Deebo was used early in his career. Enough with the garbage like "he doesn't know the route tree - need work on routes". Shut up. Design some screens for him, it's what he's REALLY good at and hurt them when they blitz FFS> This is Football 101 FFS. 

And Ulbrich hopefully has a clue. Because Saleh didn't and Hackett is garbage. 

How much of a route tree does a WR need to run for a screen pass anyway?  Lol.

Btw, you writing about the Denver and Minny defenses reminded me again about the Salesman.  He loved to excuse losses because "we played a good opponent".  A good HC figures out a way for his team to win games against good teams/defenses/etc.  I'm still sickened by that line he said after the loss to the 49ers where he said something about how the Jets would've gotten 2 additional TDs were it not for Fred Warner.  Something about how it would've worked against 25 other teams.  Does he realize that, in order for a team to win a SB, you have to be able to beat top teams/defenses/etc?!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Btw, you writing about the Denver and Minny defenses reminded me again about the Salesman.  He loved to excuse losses because "we played a good opponent".  A good HC figures out a way for his team to win games against good teams/defenses/etc.  I'm still sickened by that line he said after the loss to the 49ers where he said something about how the Jets would've gotten 2 additional TDs were it not for Fred Warner.  Something about how it would've worked against 25 other teams.  Does he realize that, in order for a team to win a SB, you have to be able to beat top teams/defenses/etc?!

LOL. Or, um... ACCOUNT for the fact that Fred Warner is on the team you're playing against that day, not those 30 other teams that don't have possibly the best LB in the game. He damned himself with most of his excuses. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I think one big debate about saleh’s worth is whether or not it’s his defense or ulbrich’s.  If saleh’s not responsible for the defense’s performance then there should be no downside to removing him.  If saleh’s best attributes are managerial and motivational, he’s failed on both counts. 

I guess we'll find out if the Jets' defense suffers losing Saleh, starting on MNF.  Tbh, I'm not the least bit worried about it.

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. Or, um... ACCOUNT for the fact that Fred Warner is on the team you're playing against that day, not those 30 other teams that don't have possibly the best LB in the game. He damned himself with most of his excuses. 

If Saleh ran the offense he'd say something like "that's not how our offense works".

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's the real problem. Our path to the Super Bowl every year is riddled with good teams on the schedule. One of these years, we're going to get a nice easy regular season schedule and then get only the bad playoff teams. I just know it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asymmetrical said:

Rodgers famously, famously doesn't enjoy playing with rookie WR. He loathed what now looks like a fantastic wide receiver room in Green Bay two years ago if you remember. Good, bad or indifferent, I don't think Corley is gonna see much playing time or the ball if he is out there.

Kind of a tangent but Nate Tice's podcast touched on the Saleh thing/the problem with the Jets offense. Basically his diagnoses is Rodgers is playing his favorite hits with the playcalling but it's all stuff that modern defenses have figured out. It worked with Lafleur because there was another adult in the room to synthesize the way he likes to play with 2024 concepts but here they don't have anyone to get him out of his comfort zone. 

While true...the offense as a whole, also, is just not executing. 

It's play after play, shooting themselves in the foot. And thats on everyone, coaches and players. It shouldn't be this sloppy week after week.

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

That's the real problem. Our path to the Super Bowl every year is riddled with good teams on the schedule. One of these years, we're going to get a nice easy regular season schedule and then get only the bad playoff teams. I just know it.

The funny thing is that this was the year we had the easy regular season schedule. 

Saleh couldn't beat the Broncos  at home with 10 days to prepare against a rookie QB but, hey, "it's early" and this is the nothing part of football.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The funny thing is that this was the year we had the easy regular season schedule. 

Saleh couldn't beat the Broncos  at home with 10 days to prepare against a rookie QB but, hey, "it's early" and this is the nothing part of football.

Whenever he spoke about the "tough defense" the Jets faced, I always wondered what he thought the defenses in the playoffs would be like.

• Haha 2