How The Jets can fix this mess right now.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Very little. First off, most tickets are already sold. Second, they make 60% of ticket sales (and 40% of road games that do sell out). Anyway the number of unsold tickets is small enough he could buy them up to ensure the game is televised.

Anyway compared to network money and the team’s annual franchise appreciation it’s not even a rounding error.

Where it hurts him more than the wallet is the humiliation of seeing empty seats, whether paid for or not. 

Everyone at the game should turn their backs when jets offense is out there. An even more embarrassing visual than empty seats.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Where it hurts him more than the wallet is the humiliation of seeing empty seats, whether paid for or not. 

That is the point. He will still make money.  I mean, I don't think the orange guy could bankrupt an NFL team.  But it would more than humiliate Woody to see the stands filled with the opposing team jersey's every week. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Everyone at the game should turn their backs when jets offense is out there. And even more embarrassing visual than empty seats.

We used to do that for John Hall’s FGsi. Like 70% of section 302 did.

Amazingly, we finally found a kicker far less reliable.

J!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Very little. First off, most tickets are already sold. Second, they make 60% of ticket sales (and 40% of road games that do sell out). Anyway the number of unsold tickets is small enough he could buy them up to ensure the game is televised.

Anyway compared to network money and the team’s annual franchise appreciation it’s not even a rounding error.

We are almost at that point of humiliation. I say almost because it won’t hit until he sees it Thursday night on prime time. 

Jet fans need to come through and embarrass the sh*t out of Woody. If you show up - bags on head with “Woody please sell” signs. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or if you do show up, ditch the Jets hats and go back to the paper shopping bags on the fans’ heads. 

Jersey got rid of paper shopping bags years ago.

us poor bastards can’t even do that

lower bowl going to be empty Thursday night

halloween and jets suck

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

We are almost at that point of humiliation. I say almost because it won’t hit until he sees it Thursday night on prime time. 

Jet fans need to come through and embarrass the sh*t out of Woody. If you show up - bags on head with “Woody please sell” signs. 

If NFL stuff wasn’t so expensive I’d suggest every week showing up wearing road team gear.

What’d burn him even almost as much as empty paid-for seats is a nationally televised home stadium with at least 60,000 Texans jerseys, hats, etc.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If NFL stuff wasn’t so expensive I’d suggest every week showing up wearing road team gear.

What’d burn him even almost as much as empty paid-for seats is a nationally televised home stadium with at least 60,000 Texans jerseys, hats, etc.

Just road team colors would do the trick 

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Jersey got rid of paper shopping bags years ago.

us poor bastards can’t even do that

lower bowl going to be empty Thursday night

halloween and jets suck

They should take jets fans shoe laces and belts away when we go into the stadium 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Every Jets fan finally hits “that point” when reality trumps optimism. For me it was Vinny tearing his Achilles after losing the AFC championship 9 months earlier. That was the “oh, so no matter how badly I want this, my wishes won’t manifest themselves on the field.”

I was 11 when Jets won the SB. Was one of the greatest sports moments I’ve ever experienced. What can I say.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I was 11 when Jets won the SB. Was one of the greatest sports moments I’ve ever experienced. What can I say.

Yeah well my dad was 17 when they won it and honestly the only reason I give a sh*t about the jets is because he does. I haven’t even lived in the New York area since I was 4 years old.

Woody has done eff all to earn our fandom, especially long distance fandom. I haven’t even lived in the US for 10 years now.

The only chance the Jets have is if Johnson emulates James Dolan, another imbecile NY sports team owner who was born into money. He needs to hire a real GM and then find a new hobby, like maybe paragliding or something, to keep him occupied and away from team operations.  He basically needs to disappear. Dolan finally did that after decades of meddling and now the Knicks and Rangers are legitimate powerhouses. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah well my dad was 17 when they won it and honestly the only reason I give a sh*t about the jets is because he does. I haven’t even lived in the New York area since I was 4 years old.

Woody has done eff all to earn fandom, especially long distance fandom. I haven’t even lived in the US for 10 years now.

Hang in there. Father knows best.

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Hang in there. Father knows best.

He quit this board years ago and stops watching each season once the jets prove to suck. Last week was when he threw in towel this year.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

He quit this board years ago and stops watching each season once the jets prove to suck. Last week was when he threw in towel this year.

Cant blame the chap. I watched during the Kotite years and ROOTED for them to lose EVERY game. It was great. May be that time has come again.

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Cant blame the chap. I watched during the Kotite years and ROOTED for them to lose EVERY game. It was great. May be that time has come again.

I won’t even invest time to root against them. Season over, **** em.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I did give nine games last year because of that fake 5-2 start. 

You know things are going spectacularly when the ZW era is the high watermark for the team in recent memory. 

Fun facts:

The last .500 or better season was nine years ago. (Fitzpatrick)

The last time the team had two consecutive .500 or better seasons was 2009-2011. (Sanchez)

The next most successful stretch of seasons was the last two 7-10 seasons. (Wilson)

True riches at the QB position.