Jets | Pociask takes pride in blocking

Smizzy

Jets | Pociask takes pride in blocking

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:06:49 -0700

New York Jets rookie TE Jason Pociask said that he was primarily a blocking tight end at Wisconsin and only had seven receptions in college. "I take pride in it, especially when you have good backs to run the ball," Pociask said about blocking.

:Typotux:

Meet the Jets starting FB in '07.

I think you're right, JF ... that was my initial impression ... we cut bait with Sowell and Askew is THIS CLOSE to officially being written off as a bust {BTW, I hated that pick, thought it was a massive reach in RD 3, but so did a lot of folks} ... but I agree that FB is probably what tangini has in mind for Pociask

I think you're right, JF ... that was my initial impression ... we cut bait with Sowell and Askew is THIS CLOSE to officially being written off as a bust {BTW, I hated that pick, thought it was a massive reach in RD 3, but so did a lot of folks} ... but I agree that FB is probably what tangini has in mind for Pociask

It's JF80, get it right, Ham. :)

I don't see any other choice than making this kid a FB. We certainly can't carry 5 TE's. But then again, that would mean we have 6 RB's on the roster!

Maybe it's time to cut ties with Curtis Martin?

I don't see the problem with having a primarily blocking TE. Heath Miller was primarily a blocker, and the Steelers absolutely LOVE him. I thought Becht was good at what he did, and if we just grab another guy to do that we're fine. Jolly can be our pass catching TE when we need it.

I don't see the problem with having a primarily blocking TE. Heath Miller was primarily a blocker, and the Steelers absolutely LOVE him. I thought Becht was good at what he did, and if we just grab another guy to do that we're fine. Jolly can be our pass catching TE when we need it.

What??!?! heath miller is a pass catching TE..he slid because of his sports hernia he suffered before the draft....

LL

What??!?! heath miller is a pass catching TE..he slid because of his sports hernia he suffered before the draft....

LL

He was on the field because he really upped his blocking ability. They absolutely raved about his blocking. He didn't really catch all that many passes, although he did start out with a huge burst of TDs. Still, TEs have to do a LOT more blocking than catching.

I agree with serphnx. Askew will get his shot at FB this year while Pociask will fill the "blocking TE" hole we were left with when we traded Becht.

Askew may not be our FB and may not be done with the Jets. Maybe BOTH (and not just one) of the two HB's on the bubble for "your services are no longer required here" (Blaylock, Houston) actually get released. Askew may stay as a 3rd HB/short-yardage back. He doesn't seem to have the mentality of a full-time blocker like Pociask or Sowell.

Askew may not be our FB and may not be done with the Jets. Maybe BOTH (and not just one) of the two HB's on the bubble for "your services are no longer required here" (Blaylock, Houston) actually get released. Askew may stay as a 3rd HB/short-yardage back. He doesn't seem to have the mentality of a full-time blocker like Pociask or Sowell.

i hope they dont get rid of houston.....Blaylock ok, but keep Houston..

Yeah, this kid looks to be a FB for the Jets. Could play some H back, and I'm sure he will see some time as a blocking TE, but he definitely looks like our new blocking FB to me. 260 pounds of beef as Martin's lead blocker? I like it!

Please no, unless 2-3 other guys who can run a 4.8 and/or break a tackle are injured.

Archived