just curious..

quietjets

I notice that many people always claimed that a HC, who ran a game conservatively, knew nothing about X's and O's....

Does it sound like we must have 80 bombs a season to prove that we know x and o crap?

Will Mangini be a moron who knows nothing about x and o crap if he runs a game conservatively?

I understand that most of you Stadium goers want to see something is extreme in a game but what about people who have nfl sundays ticket.

I dont mind watching a game that Jets are losing as long as it is not a blownout loss.

just innocent curious.

I notice that many people always claimed that a HC, who ran a game conservatively, knew nothing about X's and O's....

Does it sound like we must have 80 bombs a season to prove that we know x and o crap?

Will Mangini be a moron who knows nothing about x and o crap if he runs a game conservatively?

I understand that most of you Stadium goers want to see something is extreme in a game but what about people who have nfl sundays ticket.

I dont mind watching a game that Jets are losing as long as it is not a blownout loss.

just innocent curious.

Oh for goodness sakes here we go again. X's and O's have nothing to do with throwing 80 bombs a season and it has nothing to do with flashy offensive plays. In fact, not much of the offensive deficiencies had anything to do with Herm or hackett for that matter. Chad was and still is incapable of throwing a 20 yard seam and a 15-20 yard out pass because his ball floats up in the air too long. That is what made our offense very bland since all he could do was spead the ball short and throw an occasional rainmaker downfield. What X's and O's does pertain to is clock management, game management, and adjusting the offense and defense to exploit the weaknesses of your opponent. Those are the qualities that Herm was atrocious at, and those are the reasons thatr I am glad he is gone. I'm pretty confident that Mangini will be an improvement over Herm in those areas, although I'm certain that a circus moneky would also have been an improvement as well.

There are degrees to it.

When you are watching a game and have a bad preminition on a 3rd and 12 that your team is going to run the ball and you are correct about 4x a game. That is going to far.

There are a few exceptions when you can do this:

-Pinned in your end.

-Burning the Clock.

-Setting up a game winning field goal with under a minute left.

-Or when you have a player that if it is excuted right, is quick enough to get the job done.

The Jets did it ad nauseum. "Ok, it did not work those two times in the first, three times in the second, that time in third, but this is the third time in the fourth, they can't possible expect it this time."

There are degrees to it.

When you are watching a game and have a bad preminition on a 3rd and 12 that your team is going to run the ball and you are correct about 4x a game. That is going to far.

There are a few exceptions when you can do this:

-Pinned in your end.

-Burning the Clock.

-Setting up a game winning field goal with under a minute left.

-Or when you have a player that if it is excuted right, is quick enough to get the job done.

The Jets did it ad nauseum. "Ok, it did not work those two times in the first, three times in the second, that time in third, but this is the third time in the fourth, they can't possible expect it this time."

This, in a nutshell, was the problem with the offense under Herm.

just innocent curious.

was there a black hole space warp from TGG/JI to JN?

just innocent curious.

This has been a hot topic amongst us Steeler fans for many years, since we have a conservative, defense minded coach. Quite frankly, i was always one who opposed the conservatism. But in all honesty, i hope that Mangini brings that element to the Jets and it's their mindset for the next year or two.

Most defensive HC's build their teams so that they are strong up front on both sides of the ball IMO. I'd love to see Mangini and co establish a power football identity with the Jets too. If they can run the ball decently and do a decent job of stopping the run then they can control game tempo, keeping them in just about every game. I think the most important thing for a re-building team is to prove they can compete on a regular basis at first, then they can open up the offense more as they go along.

Where exactly has the 3rd down draw EVER worked? In High School, defenses are to dumb to read the formation as a pass, and in college+ they're smart enough to defend both options.

I can't even get away with it on Madden. Against the Galaxy.

Archived