Official Red Sox / Yanks No Poison Thread

haggis

I feel it is high time that there is a thread dedicated for those of us that can appreciate the talents of our enemies without receiving the childish homophobic insults that pollute this board.

Let me kick things off. I am a Red Sox fan, but I cannot hide my admiration for Hideki Matsui. The guys is awesome. Without him I don't think the yanks can hang with the Sox. With regards to todays game: the Renteria error let the yanks back in and Jeter eclipsed the Sox captian by a hair. But I must say that the yanks bully looked a little soft and Mariano Rivera is a little pussy cat for the Red Sox now. We have a saucer of milk for that little guy evertime now.

The first 2 games go to the yanks but don't go without notice that both teams appear equally matched underneath their #1 pitcher. Pavano looked sharp until the 6th, then it was open season. Clement looked puzzled but so did Wells and I think both are not on the same page as Captain Varitek.

David Ortiz sends shivers up my spine. The man is a Yankee killer.

I liked him with the Twins and he's a guy who isn't like Manny who showboats after every HR,this kid is a class act.

Trot Nixon is a guy i think will be big for the sox this year. Coming off injuries last season and losing some weight should help him become productive again.

You know I think I hate players when they consistently kill my team. - Godzilla is that guy... #-o

SJ - I am having such a hard time warming up to this Red Sox Team - I'm ashamed to admit it. This "celebrity tour" of theirs HAS to stop already!

In today's papers:

1) That next week's Sports Illustrated will have a few heretofore unknown details about the Red Sox ``Queer Eye For The Straight Guy'' makeovers last month. Like, for example, that Jason Varitek soaked his piggies in a tub of rose petals before his pedicure and Kevin Millar got his locked-wrapped in plastic for a deep conditioning treatment.

2) Fenway Park, home of the $276 day at the park for a family of four.

3)Film debut Fever

And speaking of ``Fever Pitch,'' a squad of Red Sox will join Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, the Farrelly Brothers and hundreds of their nearest at Fenway Park tonight to kick off the world premiere of the baseball love story.

Mayor Tom Menino will read a proclamation, then the stars will come out of the dugout to tread the red carpet from first base to home plate.

Fans are being encouraged to wear Red Sox regalia to the invite-only event. Afterward, the VIPs and guests will sashay down a closed Brookline Avenue to the Fenway AMC Theatres to take in the flick, then proceed to Avalon to boogie down.

4) Johnny Damon and the commercial, talk shows, book promotion and overall idiocy.

It's driving my bannanas! ENOUGH ALREADY!

You know I think I hate players when they consistently kill my team. - Godzilla is that guy... #-o

SJ - I am having such a hard time warming up to this Red Sox Team - I'm ashamed to admit it. This "celebrity tour" of theirs HAS to stop already!

In today's papers:

1) That next week's Sports Illustrated will have a few heretofore unknown details about the Red Sox ``Queer Eye For The Straight Guy'' makeovers last month. Like, for example, that Jason Varitek soaked his piggies in a tub of rose petals before his pedicure and Kevin Millar got his locked-wrapped in plastic for a deep conditioning treatment.

3)Film debut Fever

And speaking of ``Fever Pitch,'' a squad of Red Sox will join Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, the Farrelly Brothers and hundreds of their nearest at Fenway Park tonight to kick off the world premiere of the baseball love story.

Mayor Tom Menino will read a proclamation, then the stars will come out of the dugout to tread the red carpet from first base to home plate.

Fans are being encouraged to wear Red Sox regalia to the invite-only event. Afterward, the VIPs and guests will sashay down a closed Brookline Avenue to the Fenway AMC Theatres to take in the flick, then proceed to Avalon to boogie down.

4) Johnny Damon and the commercial, talk shows, book promotion and overall idiocy.

Please tell me the Varitek stuff is a joke.

In today's papers:

3)Film debut Fever

Just imagine how the rest of America feels ... the ones who are not Red Sox fans?

This Red Sox team, with their almost complete lack of class, grace, dignity, or anything that even remotely resembles decency, might actually be accomplishing the impossible ... secretly they might have people rooting for the Yankees to hand them a slice of humble pie

Though they not dare say it out loud, and though it may reside deep within the pit of their stomachs, some folks may be thinking ... at least the Yankees won with class, unlike these current blowards who never STFU and never stop acting like ONE CHAMPIONSHIP makes them the greatest thing since sliced bread

Honestly, even if I wasn't a Yankee fan ... if I were a Royals fan or a fan of any other team ... I would already have it UP TO HERE to the Red Sox and their constant parade of buffoonery

I'd already been thinking ... PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER CHAMPION IN 2005 who can carry the flag with some semblence of class .... preferably not the Yankees, but if it has to be the Yankees to knock these blowards off, SO BE IT and I'LL TAKE IT ... anything to rid ourselves of these incessant Jackasses

And these are not the rantings of a Yankee fan ... it would be a mistake to dismiss it as such

I'm also a Jet fan who has watched the Patriots win three titles in recent years, but you don't hear me saying the same about them ... I may hate the idea of the Patriots winning championships and I want to knock them off in the worst way, but I cannot accuse them of acting like Jackasses because that would be a lie ... they do carry themselves the way champions are supposed to carry themeselves, WITH CLASS

The Red Sox, IMO, make a concious effort to do the opposite ... they actually pride themselves on acting like scum ... they think this makes them unique, different, unconventional, radical, etc ... but the truth is, it only makes them SCUM

Anyone can act like a Jackass ... that doesn't make you special ... it only makes you an immature Jackass

The Red Sox winning a championship proves only one thing ... if you give some poor lowlife a billion dollars, there will only be one noticable change in his life ... now he'll be a wealthy lowlife

Or ... success doesn't change ones character

I'm not sure I feel the same venom you do!!! I can just imagine the disdain a life-long Sox hater would have towards them - it's hard-core, deep-seated and exaggerated hate here....everyone has their prejudices, I guess.

However, you did strike a cord with one of your comments. MY PATRIOTS would never conduct themselves in such a manner. MY PATRIOTS aren't shoved down my throat by the Boston Globe to the point of nausea. MY PATRIOTS have an ownership that doesn't beleive in dog and pony shows. MY PATRIOTS don't act like buffoons. MY PATRIOTS have accomplished something far more incredible than what the Sox have....and although I thank the Sox for winning one in my lifetime - it does not make them royalty.

So, I think my difficulty in warming up to this years version of the Sox is because they think they are better than the Pats - and they can shove that wrong idea way up their collective a@@es.

I'm not sure I feel the same venom you do!!! I can just imagine the disdain a life-long Sox hater would have towards them - it's hard-core, deep-seated and exaggerated hate here....everyone has their prejudices, I guess.

However, you did strike a cord with one of your comments. MY PATRIOTS would never conduct themselves in such a manner. MY PATRIOTS aren't shoved down my throat by the Boston Globe to the point of nausea. MY PATRIOTS have an ownership that doesn't beleive in dog and pony shows. MY PATRIOTS don't act like buffoons. MY PATRIOTS have accomplished something far more incredible than what the Sox have....and although I thank the Sox for winning one in my lifetime - it does not make them royalty.

So, I think my difficulty in warming up to this years version of the Sox is because they think they are better than the Pats - and they can shove that wrong idea way up their collective a@@es.

I can't argue with that

This may make some Bostonians cringe, but the Patriots act more like the Yankees than the Bosox

No kidding, I've actually noticed the similarities long before this topic was broached ... the Patriots are very "YANKEE LIKE" in their approach and demeanor

Heck, that may even make some Yankee/Jet fans cringe, but its true {IMHO}

I think it is a little extreme to call them scum, but I agree that they could have handled themselves a little better. The whole Queer Eye thing and the commercials comes hand in hand with winning. People want you to do sh*t. Fever Pitch was always getting released regardless of the outcome last October. The entire team was branded as classless when Nixon spoke out. I know he was spoken to by Theo and the crew about that not being the way they want to handle things.

I think it is a little extreme to call them scum, but I agree that they could have handled themselves a little better. The whole Queer Eye thing and the commercials comes hand in hand with winning. People want you to do Sh#t. Fever Pitch was always getting released regardless of the outcome last October. The entire team was branded as classless when Nixon spoke out. I know he was spoken to by Theo and the crew about that not being the way they want to handle things.
crumb bums.

I can't argue with that

This may make some Bostonians cringe, but the Patriots act more like the Yankees than the Bosox

No kidding, I've actually noticed the similarities long before this topic was broached ... the Patriots are very "YANKEE LIKE" in their approach and demeanor

Heck, that may even make some Yankee/Jet fans cringe, but its true {IMHO}

Most Yank fans and Pat fans also very similiar in boasting.

Anyway... I know it's early but the Sox seem to have less swagger without Pedro. For all his obnoxious moments he always seemed to be their leader in swager sans the daddy comment.

Ok. I'll play.

It's simple. Aside from the Yankees, there is no team in baseball as good as the Sox. It's not a lot of fun to watch the Yanks whip on the Jays or the Royals, or a lot of other, lesser teams. It's GREAT fun to watch them slug it out with the Sox.

When the Sox got past the Yanks last fall, there was not a doubt in my mind that they would knock the crap out of the Cardinals.

In a heavyweight fight, you root for your guy and hate the other one.

The Sox are good. I hate them.

I think it is a little extreme to call them scum, but I agree that they could have handled themselves a little better. The whole Queer Eye thing and the commercials comes hand in hand with winning. People want you to do Sh#t. Fever Pitch was always getting released regardless of the outcome last October. The entire team was branded as classless when Nixon spoke out. I know he was spoken to by Theo and the crew about that not being the way they want to handle things.

Curt Schilling anyone?

Archived