On a serious note...Yankee fans are the dumbest in MLB

Jet/BosoxFan

Were they really booing first ballot hall of famer Mariano Rivera? One of the best pitchers ever? Easily the best closer ever? Probably the most dominant pitcher ever to don that hideous pinstriped uni?

I can see booing Jetes...but Mariano is above everyone else. Talk about front-running phonies. The other douche that started the anti-Mariano thread is a jerkoff too.

You people arent real fans and you know nothing about baseball

Were they really booing first ballot hall of famer Mariano Rivera? One of the best pitchers ever? Easily the best closer ever? Probably the most dominant pitcher ever to don that hideous pinstriped uni?

I can see booing Jetes...but Mariano is above everyone else. Talk about front-running phonies. The other douche that started the anti-Mariano thread is a jerkoff too.

It can happen. Its like the Red Sox fans booing clemens, Boggs, Pedro martinez.....sure fire HOF's candidates who were all red sox guys. Every team's fans will boo someone at any time. This was no different.

Anyway, Mariano may be owned by the Red Sox but he is still a top 5 closer against any other team.

LL

GREAT POST ... Shame on any Yankee fan who boos or speaks ill of Mariano Rivera

Classic FRONT-RUNNER move ... IMO no true Yankee fan could ever boo this man ... not if he blew a thousand saves

JBF, those are the yuppies you hear booing ... the front-runners who go to the games because the Yankees have become the IN THING ... the Yankees are a fad with these dewbags, not a passion ... they probably don't know their @$$ from their elbow about baseball

Never have we been in such PERFECT AGREEMENT on anything pertaining to baseball

AWESOME POST, JBF ... YOU HIT THE BULLSEYE

did you really just post that?? nice to see even a red sox fan has ultimate repsect for mo. as i've stated here & someplace else over the last hour. mo's the best who's ever done it. booing him is a bad job out of any yankee fan who did/does. none of what the yankees have done since '96 happens without mo!! bad job, my fellow booing yankee fans. i'm surprised.

Any sane baseball fan will admit Rivera as the best closer ever regardless of what logo is on his hat. I argued this point with a yankee fan this past Sunday. He actually doubted Mo being the best ever.

Rivera was untouchable in the 90s. Untouchable. When he came in it truly WAS over. But not anymore. He is a shadow of his former self. But you know what? Your team won at least 2 out of 3 at that point he came out (and who knows they could still have pulled it off) and he is a first ballot HOF. Show a little respect. It's April, not October.

So SJ, Rivera is now merely very very very above average.

Let's also not overlook the fact, as pointed out in the telecast, that the teams have faced each other now 55 times (not including Spring Training) over the two years and a week. Rivera has factored in 3/4 of those games. The Sox do not own Rivera, but they have a mighty thick book on him.

Let's also not overlook the fact, as pointed out in the telecast, that the teams have faced each other now 55 times (not including Spring Training) over the two years and a week. Rivera has factored in 3/4 of those games. The Sox do not own Rivera, but they have a mighty thick book on him.

i hope some of the "so called" yankee fans who booed mo today get a chance to read this thread. "red sox fans" being the voice of reason in defense of rivera. #-o some of you guys really made "true pinstriped blue" yankee fans look bad today!!

EXACTLY ... GREAT POST

These two teams know each other like a book ... there are no surprises ... ZERO ... so it all comes down to execution

With the exception of the newcomers to this rivalry in 2005, the Red Sox know exactly what to expect from each and every Yankee ... all of their strengths and all of their weaknesses ... how to best attack them ... pitchers and hitters alike ... and the same is true in the reverse

So it all comes down to execution

If Rivera executes his pitches {i.e. hits his spots and attacks the hitters according to plan}, he is going to get them out {as should have been the case with the heart of the Red Sox order today if not for @$$-Rod} ... and if he misses with his pitches {i.e. fails to execute}, the Red Sox will beat him

That Goes for every player on both teams ... pitchers and hitters alike ... more often than not, the players who execute best will win the battles within the batttle because there are NO SURPRISES

I would also mention, BECAUSE NO-ONE ELSE HAS, that Rivera missed lots on time in ST and did not get nearly enough innings, so right now Mariano is still in ST form ... he's pitching innings now that he should have pitched in ST if he wasn't shutdown for a couple of weeks

No excuses ... if he's ready to come north with the team then he's ready to pitch ... but his lack of control alone tells you he is still working himself into top form {pin-point control has always been his calling card}

But that aside, the Red Sox got the best of him today ... wasn't the first time and it won't be the last ... same as the Yankees got Foulke yesterday and they'll get him again ... but I'd still feel REAL GOOD about handing the ball to Mariano in a big spot verses Boston or anyone else, and I'm sure yesterday's Gopherball will not cause RSN to pause when handing the ball to Foulke either

Anyway, Great Post PFSIKH ... You nailed it ... these two teams are so familiar with one another its ridiculous ... they must feel like they have played one another a million times in recent years, and as a fan I feel the same way

I know the Red Sox players as well as I know the Yankees, and I suspect the opposite is true of RSN ... if you have been watching these teams battle in recent years, watching all of the battles {as I have}, you know the Yankee players every bit as well as you know your own ... so how much more do you think these two teams know one another like a book?

GREAT POST ... Shame on any Yankee fan who boos or speaks ill of Mariano Rivera

Classic FRONT-RUNNER move ... IMO no true Yankee fan could ever boo this man ... not if he blew a thousand saves

JBF, those are the yuppies you hear booing ... the front-runners who go to the games because the Yankees have become the IN THING ... the Yankees are a fad with these dewbags, not a passion ... they probably don't know their @$$ from their elbow about baseball

Never have we been in such PERFECT AGREEMENT on anything pertaining to baseball

AWESOME POST, JBF ... YOU HIT THE BULLSEYE

How many "true Yankee fans" were actually able to get tix to these first few games? 12? 13? I think I saw about 1500 'Smith Barney' hats in the boxes.

How many "true Yankee fans" were actually able to get tix to these first few games? 12? 13? I think I saw about 1500 'Smith Barney' hats in the boxes.

That's so true...I wait till the summer games 8 dollars right field bleacher seats with the college discount. You can't beat that. I went to one Bo Sox yankees game last year and it was of course an amazing experience but the fans were atrocious. Some guy accused me of being a boston fan because I had on a Notre Dame hat :shock:

I'll be racking up my Yankee games with the classic divisonal Blue Jays, D-rays, Orioles, and if I get lucky with a friend getting tix, the subway series.

Word. It's almost sad going to the "big" games. If you want the true Yankee fan experience, go see them play Toronto in August. Don't see any of the reeeeeeeeeeeeal sh*tty teams because those are the tickets that are given out in the elementary schools. But you play a division game against a mediocre team, that's when the real fans come out.

There's no way around it, TS ... the Yankees have a very devout and loyal following like myself, Max, and others ... but they also have a slew of front-running a-holes who THE REAL FANS are forced to endure

You know the type ... Yuppie Scum who moved to NY from Minnesota or Wyoming or wherever, and suddenly became Yankee diehards because its the IN THING TO DO ... same scum who will be long gone if the Yankees start losing again {Ala the late 80's} ... but for now they get their corporate seats and wave their little banners like the give a $hit

And this is the same detestable swine who will boo a Mariano Rivera

There's no way around it, TS ... the Yankees have a very devout and loyal following like myself, Max, and others ... but they also have a slew of front-running a-holes who THE REAL FANS are forced to endure

You know the type ... Yuppie Scum who moved to NY from Minnesota or Wyoming or wherever, and suddenly became Yankee diehards because its the IN THING TO DO ... same scum who will be long gone if the Yankees start losing again {Ala the late 80's} ... but for now they get their corporate seats and wave their little banners like the give a $hit

why do I have the strange feeling this is directed at me

I hope you guys know it is about a 95% ratio of front-runnin' phonies to about 5% legit Yankee fans (see fans dating back to the 80s/early 90s)

That's why the rest of us hate Yankee fans...and consequently, the entire roster! You know how hard it is to hate Joe Torre??? And Zimmer too???

Still, it has to be done because of fans like JonEJet, Bob_the_Yankee_stooge, etc...

By the way, that same ratio applies to this board. All you Yankee fans arnet part of the 5% in the eyes of objective, reasonably intelligent Sox fans such as myself. Hmmm...who do you other members of Red Sox Nation think belongs in the elite 5%?

I hope you guys know it is about a 95% ratio of front-runnin' phonies to about 5% legit Yankee fans (see fans dating back to the 80s/early 90s)

That's why the rest of us hate Yankee fans...and consequently, the entire roster! You know how hard it is to hate Joe Torre??? And Zimmer too???

Still, it has to be done because of fans like JonEJet, Bob_the_Yankee_stooge, etc...

By the way, that same ratio applies to this board. All you Yankee fans arnet part of the 5% in the eyes of objective, reasonably intelligent Sox fans such as myself. Hmmm...who do you other members of Red Sox Nation think belongs in the elite 5%?

tell me then

Why the **** would I be a Jets fan?

Congrats girlfriend on eeeking out 1 of 3

As a Yankee fan, I'll take 2 of 3 from Boston every series

It will be especially enjoyable next week =D>

Let's see:

the 5% of Yankee fans that are legit and not front-running phonies:

Maxman,

GJ&H,

shawn306,

smizz....errr....uhhh....never mind!

Do you think anyone honestly gives a rats ass what you think of them, PUSSY??

why do I have the strange feeling this is directed at me

NOT A CHANCE, MATT

Big difference between expressing concern about Rivera {which I believe is a waste of energy and unfounded}, and actually BOOING MARIANO RIVERA at Yankee Stadium

The former, while extremely puzzling too me, is not at all detestable

The latter, IMHO, is about as detestable as it gets

IMO no true Yankee fan would EVER boo Mariano Rivera ... in my book you are not a true Yankee fan if you boo this man ... anyone who boos this man is an absolute front-runner who has zero respect for this mans standing in Yankee lore

IMO when you boo Mariano Rivera, you are booing a member of MOUNT RUSHMORE for the NY Yankees ... Ruth, Gerhig, DiMaggio, Mantle, and Rivera

IMO that is the Yankees MOUNT RUSHMORE ... all of the former have a monument {not a plack} in monument park, and if its my call Rivera gets one too

YOU DON'T BOO A YANKEE IMMORTAL at Yankee Stadium ... not if you understand and respect what the Yankees are all about

Express concern or offer contructive criticism, okay ... but you DO NOT boo a Yankee immortal in HIS HOUSE ... and Mariano Rivera is a Yankee immortal

End of story

I hear you, Ham. Even though I'm a Mets fan, when I'm down in that area I actually prefer to attend Yankee games instead. The fan experience there is pure. If you go to a Yanks game and don't act like a douchebag, (and as much as I rip on Yank fans in general), you see first hand what being a sports fan is all about.

People talk about the "storied" history of the Yanks, but no team hit rock bottom harder than the Yanks while CBS owned them. Yanks fans stuck through that and were rewarded. Can they be obnoxious at times? Yeah, but those guys that are in someone's face are generally bandwagon A-holes (every team has them).

But if you want to see a REAL baseball game, where the crowd knows the game, understands what a balk is, knows the value of moving a runner over after a tough at-bat and knows when a ball is going to sail foul by 6 inches as soon as it leaves the bat, you go to a Yankee game.

Archived