Post of the Week - August 3rd, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to the first POTW of the 2006-2007 NFL Season. This week we've had a lot of very good posts nominated, so let's jump right on in.

The nominations are:

Originally Posted by Fred Jetstone

Where's the Bollinger wallpaper, Cleremont Cassanova, uh, I mean GreenMachine?

Originally Posted by JetFanFL

Don't rush the Bollinger wallpaper, he'll be hanging it soon enough.

----------------------

(Topic: Any takers on Electra...or is she used goods?)

Originally Posted by vilma5114

id use her like we used ty law

Originally Posted by Max

You would beat her deep?

---------------------

Originally Posted by Alk

To this date, nobody has been able to explain to me exactly what in the flying f$ck a "Tangini" is.

Originally Posted by Barton

Its a combo of a tangerine and a zucchini. It was created during a stem cell research lab 2 years ago.

Tangini!

---------------------

Originally Posted by joewilly

I think max should be commended for always rising above an overinflated board rivalry.

---------------------

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

CHIEFSAM_SP_073006_DRE_263f.jpg

----------------------

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

I'll tell ya what-it's gonna take a while before the bitterness of what Edwards AND Bradway did to this franchise goes away.It's kinda like being introduced to a guy who you heard had the best stuff and then,when you got home you found out it was oregano

-----------------------

Originally Posted by MSGold12

We were extraordinarily lucky...thats how.

2001- We sneak in as a 6 seed only after blowing a game to a 2 win teams and having to have Hall hit a 55 yarder. the we get embarassed the follwing week v the same team.

2002- We win the division with a 9-7 record after Miami pulls a HUGE choke and after Herm is forced to play Chad who has the season of his life. After a blow out of Indy, we are embarassed yet again by oak.

2003- From the moment Chad went down, herm thorws in thetowel and we go 6-10

2004- We start out 5-0 with a cake schedule and land up 10-6 losing to every good team we played along the way. We back into the playoffs, sneak past SD and then lose a heartbreaker to Pitt in part because of Herms incompetence.

2005- Can you say, I'm mailing it in because I ma on my way to KC???

yes, we made the playoffs 3 of 5 under him but with 6 teams in now and the division weakened by the loss of Indy in it, it was not THAT hard to do what he did wiht the amount of talent he was handed. In fact, if we had ANY type of real coach, I say we make a SB over that same span.

Herm was, is, and always will be a joke. As I said on JA...jackie Chiles with a head set.

-------------------------

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Ron Borges today reported that when he tried to interview Tom Brady at camp that he said "no comment" like an adult. But when he still asked again anyway, Brady threw his purse at King and ran away, across the street through traffic like a timid little girl.

Originally Posted by Garb

For all the crap JBF gets 'round here (usually deservedly so) - GJH gets none and he is the biggest homer here. Hope springs eternal for the Yanks again - and gee wiz, who shows up spouting his words of wisdom.

------------------------

(Editors Note: This nomination:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Holy crap, joewilly just ripped Sooth a new one in that thread.

Beans, go over there and copy that for this week's POTW.

Stands as a nomination but will not be posted. The link to the thread in question is:

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120978

)

(Topic: Trouble in TITAN land)

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

I got the real story from a mole in camp. Its seem that the coach told

the offensive team that they were to run 12 plays. After they ran the

12 plays, he said they had to run 5 more.

At this point Mawae called time and took out and pen and paper and

was going to fire off a complaint to the union about excessive practices.

Haynesworth called him a pussy and thats when all hell broke loose.

(Topic: Chiefs | Roaf retires)

Originally Posted by bitonti

more time to stay at home and spend quality time with Joe Horn's kids.

Originally Posted by aec4

----- Original Message -----

To: mark.cannizzaro@nypost.com

Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 7:37 AM

Subject: GET OVER YOURSELF

I read your article today, and you need to learn to get over yourself. You're used to having Herm and his staff basically write your articles for you, and now you actually have to do some work. They did not want to talk to you, and guess what... regardless of what you think, they are not required to.

While I do not want to see the #4 pick of the draft running into a street, I'm glad he ran away from you. I hope Press is barred from the complex. I'm sick of you guys crying when something does not go your way. Your job is to report on camp, if they even let you stay there. Your job is to report facts. Your job is not to put your opinion on everything, and cry every time you do not get your way. That's all you've been doing your whole career. Fortunately for you, Herm Edwards was your best friend, and was willing to let you sit there and make personnel decisions it seemed, let alone get facts for an article.

Look, noone is interested in your whining about not getting player access. If the job is too hard, I'm sure the Post will let you follow the golf tour around the rest of the year. I'm sure there are 100s of people who would take your place in a heartbeat.

Sincerely,

aec4

--------------------------------

Originally Posted by JetsMan57

Below is my email to Mark this morning after reading that childish outburst

================================================== =====

Mark,

Maybe, just maybe Ferguson was acting like a "timid child" yesterday because he was under orders not to speak to the media? What was the kid supposed to do break a rule so you can write some boring, cliché` ridden article about his homecoming? We already know Mark, Ferguson is from Freeport and was drafted by the home town team. Let move on.

So yesterday the Giants handled things the "right way" therefore today I was so lucky enough to read about LaVar Arrington buying air fresheners and flowers for his dorm room. That’s tremendous stuff. How insightful!

This is the new way under Mangini - and if you don't like it I’m sure Herm can always get you a job with the KC press. He will be in need of a lackey to lobby for a contract extension after he wins six games and still has no understanding on how to tell time.

Ciao!

-----------------------

(Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

(Editor's Note: In response to MC's NY Post article, specifically this paragraph:

He ran away from reporters -- and fans shouting, 'D'Brick!' as they begged for autographs. Laughing all the way, Ferguson crossed a busy intersection and kept running until he was out of sight. One teammate watched with a puzzled look on his face.)

Originally Posted by Barton

I was there.

Dbrick was chasing some old fat guy from texas in the parking lot who yelled "Dbust". I dont think the guy was talking to Ferguson though.

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

I 0

SPILLED 0

COFFEE 0

ONMY 0

KEYBOARD 0

AND 0

THESPACE 0

BAR 0

`XPUTS 0

O'SEVYWHERE0

WHATDOIDO???0

CRAP

---------------------

Originally Posted by JETNATION

HR by Giambi lifts Yankees to series sweep of Rangers

Jason Giambi hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning and the New York Yankees beat the Texas Rangers 8-7 on Wednesday night to complete another three-game sweep and gain ground in the AL East. more

(Topic "Can't nobody block me")

Originally Posted by Gainzo

Wasn’t there a poster over at JI that called him a “bowling ball with butcher knives” when he was drafted?

Correct me if I am wrong, or name the poster if I was right.

Originally Posted by Untouchable

It was Bitoni

---------------------------

Originally Posted by Verde

Something is wrong with this picture. Remove the salsa because the dip is now in Kansas City.

7322242.jpg

------------------

And the winner of this week's POTW honor is.......

You want to know what is good PR?

lombardi_trophy3.jpg

That is it.

End of story.

BZ

Congratulation to BZ on his first POTW win. Words more true have never been spoken before.

Time is short and work sucks. I need to either win the lottery or find someone that wants to make me independently wealthy. If you can help with either, drop me an email.

Y'all be good and kep them nominations rollin' in!

gb

Yeah me!!!

First 2005 #1 Jets Homer and now this!

I am so proud.

Thanks to Max for the nom and gb for the nod.

:)

BZ

Thank Greenbeans...he picked you! Congrats though. In the future we expect you to have a better acceptance speech prepared!

Thank Greenbeans...he picked you! Congrats though. In the future we expect you to have a better acceptance speech prepared!

I did thank him.. who do you think "gb" was referring to?

Next time I expect you will read my AWARD WINNING posts! :)

BZ

Archived