Jets Looking at Other NFL RB

Smizzy

Jets | Team has some interest in T. Bell

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:16:44 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets have some interest in Denver Broncos RB Tatum Bell. The team may need a running back if RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for the start of the season.

Jets | Team has some interest in Pinner

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:18:09 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets have some interest in Detroit Lions RB Artose Pinner. The team may need a running back if RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for the start of the season.

Jets | Deal for Shipp not in the works

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:19:05 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets have been linked to Arizona Cardinals RB Marcel Shipp, but Shipp's agent, Brad Blank, said he doubted such a deal was in the works. The Jets are looking for running back insurance in case RB Curtis Martin (knee) is sidelined for all or part of 2006.

Ill take Tatum Bell in a hearthbeat and will gladly send a 2nd rd pick for him.

Tatum Bell has trouble shedding the first tackler. He has a small frame and even though he put on a mere 6 lbs. in the offseason his blocking isn't something to be desired.

He is in a nice situation in Broncoland (when he gets the carries) with that O-line and I believe it makes him look a lot better than he truly is. Currently this guy is getting beat out by an undrafted rookie, and ron dayne.

Shannahan knows his running backs better than any coach in the NFL (if we can all forget the maurice 'the assasin' clarett pick) and if he sees Bell suited primarily as a thrid down back there is no reason to give up a second rounder or any draft pick for him. The research has already been done, he will struggle even worse in NY behind a shoddy line in comparrison to rb heaven in Denver.

Blaylock has shown the same flashes that Bell has while filling the void in KC. In my opinion they are both RBs who were products of a highly tuned and efficient system. Why pick up tatum bell when we already have a comparable version on the roster?

Tatum Bell has trouble shedding the first tackler. He has a small frame and even though he put on a mere 6 lbs. in the offseason his blocking isn't something to be desired.

He is in a nice situation in Broncoland (when he gets the carries) with that O-line and I believe it makes him look a lot better than he truly is. Currently this guy is getting beat out by an undrafted rookie, and ron dayne.

Shannahan knows his running backs better than any coach in the NFL (if we can all forget the maurice 'the assasin' clarett pick) and if he sees Bell suited primarily as a thrid down back there is no reason to give up a second rounder or any draft pick for him. The research has already been done, he will struggle even worse in NY behind a shoddy line in comparrison to rb heaven in Denver.

Blaylock has shown the same flashes that Bell has while filling the void in KC. In my opinion they are both RBs who were products of a highly tuned and efficient system. Why pick up tatum bell when we already have a comparable version on the roster?

I pretty much agree, except he's not getting beat out by an undrafted rookie and Ron Dayne. When they elevated Mike Bell, they dropped Dayne to third. I mean being beaten out by an undrafted rookie free agent is one thing, but Ron Dayne?

From what I've seen of him, he's more of a power back than Blaylock, but not enough to make a difference.

Bell, Pinner, Shipp? Those guys all blow. So much for the Jets' "Three-Headed Monster" of Blaylock, Houston and Martin you guys were raving abuot. We could have had Joseph Addai or Lendale White but no we had to draft Center at 29 and trade down for a scrub QB.

Let the chaos begin...

Archived