Branch not going back to pats.

harris5214

Why wouldn;t he want to renegotiate

Lil Bill and The Tomato Ketchup man set precedence by reworking Seymores contract

Teams are under no obligation to extend players contracts before their final year.

All teams try and extend the contracts of their superstars (Brady, Seymour, etc.).

Branch is no where close to being in the same league as Seymour.

Is deion on the Jets or Not ,Can someone answer this for me Please?

I heard an interesting take on the Branch to the Jets trade this morning on the radio.

They were saying BB and the Jets agreed to the trade (Pats getting one of the Jets 2nd round picks) but BB didn't want to pull the trigger because of the Pats-Jets game in week two.

Branch's grievance will be heard next Saturday and if he wins, the Pats can file an appeal which would take place a week after that, ultimately making Branch unavailable to the Jets for the Pats game.

Interesting take, but I don't know how much stock to put into it.

I heard an interesting take on the Branch to the Jets trade this morning on the radio.

They were saying BB and the Jets agreed to the trade (Pats getting one of the Jets 2nd round picks) but BB didn't want to pull the trigger because of the Pats-Jets game in week two.

Branch's grievance will be heard next Saturday and if he wins, the Pats can file an appeal which would take place a week after that, ultimately making Branch unavailable to the Jets for the Pats game.

It's a stupid take. Who came up with that one? Michael Irvin?

Tannenbaum stated the Jets 2nd was refused and no counter received.

Branch is using this as ammo in his suit.

Tannenbaum stated the Jets 2nd was refused and no counter received.

Branch is using this as ammo in his suit.

No counter offer is decent ammo in the grievance. The Pats were under no obligation to accept any offers, but the fact that they refused to make a counter-offer smells like bad faith. The least they could have done was demand two #1s or something. I don't think Deion will win this grievance or the next one, but I also don't think he'll play for the Pats before week 10 at which point the Pats may be begging for a #2.

Hey Sperm, what do you think about the offer in terms of cap space?

Great article by Pat Kirwan on the Branch situation:

Deion Branch has been fined all summer to the tune of $14,000 a day and has incurred fines upwards of $420,000. Now the regular season is upon us, and if he threatens to hold out until the 10th game and forfeit 10 game checks, which adds up to close to $600,000, then his million-dollar salary is gone. If he returns for the final six games in order to record an accrued season so he can become a free agent in 2007, he faces the reality that the Patriots could slap the franchise tag on him. Branch doesn't seem to hold the cards in this poker game.

Deion Branch may be doing himself more harm than the Patriots with his holdout.

Branch is the No. 1 receiver on a division championship football team and a former Super Bowl MVP. He reportedly was offered a $33 million deal over five years with close to 50 percent of it guaranteed. He wanted more money, and consequently he wants out of New England if they aren't willing to pay. The club gave him the right to seek a trade, and he was unable to come back to the Pats with the compensation the new club would have to surrender for the player.

I asked three front office executives from other clubs what they would want for Deion Branch if he were their property, and all three felt a first-round pick was mandatory, especially at this late date. As one GM said, "There is no way I trade the guy in my division unless I got extra compensation beyond a first and a good player."

My favorite analogy of the situation came from an old school personnel man who said, "I never thought I would live long enough to see a player determine what the appropriate value was for himself to be traded." The third exec said before the Super Bowl in 2005, Branch was playing like a second-round pick: 28 starts in three years, 135 receptions and nine touchdowns. But the Super Bowl and the 2006 production (78 receptions, five touchdowns -- which led the team) upgraded the guy.

My advice to the talented wide receiver is fight battles you can win and be patient when you're in a situation you can't win. Right now you're losing money, damaging your reputation, and you may be a Patriot for another two years before you can hit free agency. Don't blame the Patriots for asking for what they think they deserve, but ask why no team has offered what the Pats want to trade you.

Archived