Did 1 game change your mind?

LionelRichie

Not really surprised. i think they will be competitive in every game, with a chance to win a good part of them, and will win some of them. Chad exceeded my expectations for one game, and Wide Right Nugent grossly underachieved.

The rest played pretty much how I thought they would- the D wont give up many big plays, and will make some big plays in the secondary- guys like Dyson and Rhodes.

The running game was about as mediocre as i thought it would be, and I think the passing game will be even deeper and return game will improve when Dwight returns.

I said on a thread that i thought they go 7-9. Part of me wanted to say 9-7 b/c I think they will be a well-coached team with a good young nucleus.

Pretty close to .500

the question with chad is if he can a)remain healthy, and B) perform against good defenses. week 1 certainly exceeded my expectations but it was still only 1 game.

other than chad i was extremely impressed with was shotenheimer's gameplan and playcalling. shotenheimer didn't stop attacking, even when the jets were in fg range on the last drive. hell, even i was yelling to run the football and take the fg - i was just waiting for something to go wrong.

the other area that impressed me was the depth/interchangeable parts that the jets had. this is what mangini has been preaching since he got here and it showed on sunday. the jets played ~16-18 guys on defense and when kendall went down the offense kept going. while there are not many stars on this team there doesn't seem to be much drop-off b/w 1st and 2nd team. that was always one of the pats strengths.

Archived