The major difference

4HCrew

Coaching and play calling....the Jets once again started out rough but in the end the coaching staff with their schemes and play calling out did the Bills. The Jets appeared to be in better condition and understood the plays that were being called for them.

Coaching and play calling....the Jets once again started out rough but in the end the coaching staff with their schemes and play calling out did the Bills. The Jets appeared to be in better condition and understood the plays that were being called for them.

i think a lot of the early play calling had to do with the wind. mangini/shott did not want penny throwing any floaters longer than 10 yds against the wind. even the throws he did make were all short and right over the middle, nothing to the outside.

It's funny but when Pennington is audibling at the line I keep expecting false starts, illegal formation flags or the play clock to run out as in years past.

Every player seems completely focused and aware of what we are doing.

It's a nice change.

I like how Mangini is quick on his feet-he makes adjustments while the game is being played and doesn't have to wait until halftime...

spot on sfj,,,

ingame/halftimeadjusments is what separates coache sin NFL,,

after 5 years of Duh-Herm we finally have a coach with coaching ability

that was probably the no 1 key to the game. If vilma had picked up that ball cleanly that would've been even more the case.

Still that lead to an easy touchdown, less than 20 yard drive. Take away the turnovers, I think the Bills would have easily wonn. but they didnt, so, they have to deal with it. When you dont have a whole lot of talent, you have to play a near perfect game and the Bills didnt, and they'll learn.

I still see my Bills prediction of 8-8 this year possible.

Still that lead to an easy touchdown, less than 20 yard drive. Take away the turnovers, I think the Bills would have easily wonn. but they didnt, so, they have to deal with it. When you dont have a whole lot of talent, you have to play a near perfect game and the Bills didnt, and they'll learn.

the jets didn't score after that vilma fumble recovery.

as far as the bills go they are going nowhere as long as losman is the QB and they have such a young mistake prone secondary.

as long as 1 of the 8 wins is vs. the pats 8-8 sounds great

as far as the bills go they are going nowhere as long as losman is the QB and they have such a young mistake prone secondary.

Losman threw for over 300 yards today despite being under constant pressure.

He really surprised me today. That was easily his best game as a pro.

it dosn't mean nearly as much as his 300 yards vs the titans in a win. he also didn't turn the ball over in that game...

300 yards is 300 yards. It's not like the Bills didn't have a chance to send this game to OT at the end.

Losman played very well, for JP Losman. He certainly didn't look like the guy that most people believe is the worst QB in the league today, did he?

I think the difference was turnovers, clearly.

Jets won that one 3-0. That was the game right there.

Dont forget about the two failed fourth downs in the first half, sandwiched around a fumble. Ending those three drives w/o points was key to not falling too far behind.

300 yards is 300 yards. It's not like the Bills didn't have a chance to send this game to OT at the end.

Losman played very well, for JP Losman. He certainly didn't look like the guy that most people believe is the worst QB in the league today, did he?

he's bottom 3 easily. 300 yards or no.

He really surprised me today. That was easily his best game as a pro.

I feel the same way in that all is not lost with Losman.

He's going through the growing pains of a young QB but I expected a much worse player based on what we have read and heard on him.

I didnt see constant pressure. I saw plays where there was great DB coverage and he had nowhere to throw, but it wasnt due to pressure.

If there isnt better pressure against Manning, he will pick us apart, espcially the LBs and Barrett.

Losman has a great arm + mobility. Collins is a statue in the pocket. Think KC could have turned that busted play into a TD run like Losman did?

yeah but that play that losman made was more a function of the jets playing prevent there and not having anyone covering the middle layer of the field. collins is capeable of making plays too.

cmon Madmike your glasses cannot be that clouded..Losman showed alot today especially his arm against the wind. I understand your fury but you're missing the point. I would take him over Brooks, Collins, Frye, Simms and Brunell. He has mobility and a cannon now he just needs real coaching

So where exactly are the Jets going then? They have their "franchise QB" already who is now a vet and are in the same boat as the Bills talent wise. Their in no better situation than the Bills.

Obviously the secondary is young, they werent even close to the problem today. They held chad under 190 passing and the whole D held the Jets to under 80 rushing.

he's bottom 3 easily. 300 yards or no.

Hes started 11 career games. Most all the other QBs that are starting have more experience. Look at all the guys that have 11 games or less as a starter and I bet they are par or worse than Losman. Alex Smiths stats are prolly close to the same, but otherwise, I dont know of anyone else whos started only 11 or less and is far better.

Hes started 11 career games. Most all the other QBs that are starting have more experience. Look at all the guys that have 11 games or less as a starter and I bet they are par or worse than Losman. Alex Smiths stats are prolly close to the same, but otherwise, I dont know of anyone else whos started only 11 or less and is far better.

Losman just does not get it yet. He's got the tools but he needs the brain, kind of like a young Kerry Collins, actually. If he can lose the happy feet when under presure he'll be a decent/good pro QB.

Losman just does not get it yet. He's got the tools but he needs the brain, kind of like a young Kerry Collins, actually. If he can lose the happy feet when under presure he'll be a decent/good pro QB.

Again, I dont think you guys realize hes still very young, doesnt even have a full season as a starter under his belt. This things are expected with young QBs, I'm not really that worried.

cmon Madmike your glasses cannot be that clouded..Losman showed alot today especially his arm against the wind. I understand your fury but you're missing the point. I would take him over Brooks, Collins, Frye, Simms and Brunell. He has mobility and a cannon now he just needs real coaching

i don't really hate the bills... i just don't think losman is that good... he makes too many bad chioces and shows NO consistant accuracy... i disagree with you about simms brunell and frye. NONE of them have had any kind of running game this year. burnell got his running game today and he was 22 for 22. if frye and simms had had ANY running games this year they would be alot better then they are right now.

Archived