J-E-T-S, surprise surprise surprise

J-E-T-S, surprise, surprise, surprise

By Shannon Sharpe, NFL.com

img9698595.jpg

I am really surprised at how well Eric Mangini has the Jets playing this year. They're 2-2 with victories over the Titans and Bills and losses to the Patriots and Colts. In both of their losses, they might not have been the better team but they hung in there the whole game. This past week against Indianapolis, the Jets were not only in the game but played well enough to win. Just to be clear, I do think Indianapolis is the better team, but the Jets really impressed me. Chad Pennington, Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery are really playing well. Many people felt Pennington's career was in limbo last year and now he's proving everyone wrong. The Jets have a tough game in Week 5 against a Jaguars team that is coming off back-to-back losses to the Colts and Redskins. This will be a very good game.

J-E-T-S, surprise, surprise, surprise

By Shannon Sharpe, NFL.com

img9698595.jpg

I am really surprised at how well Eric Mangini has the Jets playing this year. They're 2-2 with victories over the Titans and Bills and losses to the Patriots and Colts. In both of their losses, they might not have been the better team but they hung in there the whole game. This past week against Indianapolis, the Jets were not only in the game but played well enough to win. Just to be clear, I do think Indianapolis is the better team, but the Jets really impressed me. Chad Pennington, Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery are really playing well. Many people felt Pennington's career was in limbo last year and now he's proving everyone wrong. The Jets have a tough game in Week 5 against a Jaguars team that is coming off back-to-back losses to the Colts and Redskins. This will be a very good game.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Jets have two wins against bottom-feeding teams in the NFL, and they have lost both times they have played a good team.

Let's see what they do against another good team on Sunday.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Jets have two wins against bottom-feeding teams in the NFL, and they have lost both times they have played a good team.

boohoo.gif

Aye, but they stayed in both games, we all know you didn't expect that, nor did anyone else. You've gotta admit that. We're surprising a lot of teams by keeping up with the good teams, we're just not finishing. Once we play a good first quarter, we could beat the good teams. :box:

Aye, but they stayed in both games, we all know you didn't expect that, nor did anyone else. You've gotta admit that. We're surprising a lot of teams by keeping up with the good teams, we're just not finishing.

That's the equivalent of taking your sister to the Prom.

Yea, lets just stay close in all the games but lose in the end.:eek:

That's the equivalent of taking your sister to the Prom.

Yea, lets just stay close in all the games but lose in the end.:eek:

We'll improve on the finishing part as the season goes on. We'll be a tougher team to beat the next time we play each other. What will you be saying if we beat Jacksonville? We're playing hard until the end, and much better under Mangini.

Aye, but they stayed in both games, we all know you didn't expect that, nor did anyone else. You've gotta admit that. We're surprising a lot of teams by keeping up with the good teams, we're just not finishing. Once we play a good first quarter, we could beat the good teams. :box:

Arrr, be you speakin' like a pirate? Aye, me parrot concurs.

Hate to burst yours back, but we beat who we should have beaten. Jets of the past choke on both of those games and probably take either NE or the Colts and be sitting at 1-3 instead.

tx does have a good point, a loss is a loss. A blowout might be more demoralizing, but they both go down as Ls in the standings. On the Patriots SB runs, no matter what team they played, they always seemed to just barely win. The mark of a winning team isn't how much you win by, but rather the number of times you win. If we face the Patriots 10 times and lose 10 close games, we're not close at all. If we face the Patriots 10 times and win 3 games, lose 7 blowouts, we're doing better. Fortunately it's early in the season, so I don't put much stock into tx's claim that we lose to winning teams. I think the Bills have a winning record after all, and we don't know how the Titans will finish up. I think we'll be fine by the end of the year. The regular season is about beating the bad teams and getting into the playoffs, trying to get a top seed if the schedule is good by winning the few tough games you're usually going to get, and then in the playoffs you really have to win the tough games. tx knows this well, even if he isn't really admitting it here. The Pats record in the regular season against winning teams isn't as good as the record in the playoffs.

Except Buffalo wasn't considered a bad team by you when the Pats beat them.

Jets exceeded expectations in both losses. The 3-4 and young OL will take time.

Congrats to the Pats on improving to 5-8 in their last 13 games against winning teams.

Except Buffalo wasn't considered a bad team by you when the Pats beat them.

Jets exceeded expectations in both losses. The 3-4 and young OL will take time.

Congrats to the Pats on improving to 5-8 in their last 13 games against winning teams.

Gimme Shelter fast becoming one of my favorite posters

Archived