Anybody wanna guess who hurt his groin again yesterday?

SoFlaJets

Falcons | Abraham injured Week 6

Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:29:45 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports Atlanta Falcons DL John Abraham (groin) left the Week 6 game in the third quarter when his groin tightened up and he did not return.

From the injury reports you'd think this guy has had more damage to his groin than John Wayne Bobbit.

Abraham represents the "business first" mentality players, always has and always will. He won't put his body on the line for his teammates like a Chad or Curtis will (shoot, I'll even give props to Brady who I know has played hurt). Abraham will probably retire in very good physical condition, no limping or long term diabilities and a boatload of cash. One other thing, he'll also retire w/o ever getting a ring, book it. Do I miss his speed rush off the edge? Damn right I do, but I like this years team's heart a lot more than the one last year and we have a better record to boot.

Atlanta gave us a 1st round pick and gave JAbe like $50M, what has Atlanta gotten in return, or more importantly, what have the Atlanta fans gotten in return? 3rd place in their division with the season slipping away.

.............Atlanta gave us a 1st round pick and gave JAbe like $50M, what has Atlanta gotten in return, or more importantly, what have the Atlanta fans gotten in return? 3rd place in their division with the season slipping away.

and a guy that has played not even two full games?

and a guy that has played not even two full games?

Exactly, that's the "it's a business and I need to get mine mentality." Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing if put into that situation, but I'd still rather not have it on our squad.

Archived