What Kind Of Rookie RB would you Prefer ......

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I have a guy like AP who can do both?

I don't like when guys are to one-deminsional but if I had to choose I'd pick the speedster. I like guys with big play ability.

BTW, Michael Bush is a bad example of a bruiser even though he's big but thats another story lol.

I doubt we'll be in a spot to draft AP...

APete is not only a speedster he is also a brusier. He's the type of back who can take it 25-30 times a game and wear the defense down with ease.

If we have a chance of trading up for APete I say we do everything we can before it comes stupid to go up and get him.

APete is not only a speedster he is also a brusier. He's the type of back who can take it 25-30 times a game and wear the defense down with ease.

If we have a chance of trading up for APete I say we do everything we can before it comes stupid to go up and get him.

You just can't give up your whole draft or 2 1st round picks over 2 years a RB...

You just can't give up your whole draft or 2 1st round picks over 2 years a RB...

Here's what I would be willing to trade (probably knowing me with APete I'd trade more):

1st round pick this season

1 of 2 2nd round picks this season

2nd round pick next season

WR Justin McCareins

to move up to grab Mr. Peterson.

Here's what I would be willing to trade (probably knowing me with APete I'd trade more):

WR Justin McCareins

The jets will go eith 8-8 or 9-7 this year and pick around 14-18 in the draft i'd say. To move up from there into the top 3 is gonna take a hell of a lot more then what you're willing to give up...

WR Justin McCareins

Sadly, that won't be enough to move from the 12-20 area into the top 3.

Sadly, that won't be enough to move from the 12-20 area into the top 3.

Guys...please, think of who would be in the Top 3 right now and the running backs that are currently on their team.

Arizona - Edjerrian James

Detroit - Kevin Jones

Miami - Ronnie Brown

How about...

1st round 06 pick

1 of 2 2nd round 06 picks

3rd or 4th round 06 pick

2nd round 07 pick

WR Justin McCareins

Possibly throw in 07 3rd & 4th round picks as well (or maybe one of the two)

Guys...please, think of who would be in the Top 3 right now and the running backs that are currently on their team.

Detroit - Kevin Jones

Miami - Ronnie Brown

How about...

1st round 06 pick

3rd or 4th round 06 pick

2nd round 07 pick

WR Justin McCareins

That makes more sense now 124 I think you got something there.

Of all the 2-5 or 1-6 / 1-7 teams in the league right now:

1-7 Arizona - Edge James

1-6 Miami - Ronnie Brown

1-6 Detroit - Kevin Jones

2-5 Washington - Clinton Portis

2-5 Oakland - LaMont Jordan & Justin Fargas

2-5 San Francisco - Frank Gore (okay they are a possible landing spot for Peterson)

2-5 Houston - Domanick Davis & Wali Lundy (though they might not make the same mistake twice at the RB position)

2-5 Tennessee - Travis Henry & LenDale White (with White & Henry they may not want to go the RB direction and instead maybe will try for Calvin Johnson or go Defense)

2-5 Cleveland - Reuben Droughns

2-5 Pittsburgh - Willie Parker & Najeh Davenport

2-5 Buffalo - Willis "I'm the only person who thinks I'm a Top 5 back" McGahee

Detroit - Kevin Jones

Miami - Ronnie Brown

How about...

1st round 06 pick

3rd or 4th round 06 pick

2nd round 07 pick

WR Justin McCareins

You have a point but AP will not fall out of at least the top 5. Some other team will trade up for him. Also, even if a team has a good back they might not pass up on a special talent like AP. I think your underestimating how much it costs to move up that high. That might work if we were in the top 10 but to move up to the top 5 from where we are cost a lot and will require 2 1st round picks. The only chance we'd have would be if we gave up our 2 2nd rounders along with the 1st.

3 2nd's and this years first is ALOT to give up...Thats 4 starters. A rebuilding team needs those picks.

I wouldn't trade up for any player, even Brady Quinn. Adrian Peterson is going to be a great player but Michael Bush has a chance to also be a very good RB and he'll be available where we draft. Besides, Michael Turner will also be available in free agency and he'll be looking for a starting job.

I wouldn't trade up for any player, even Brady Quinn. Adrian Peterson is going to be a great player but Michael Bush has a chance to also be a very good RB and he'll be available where we draft. Besides, Michael Turner will also be available in free agency and he'll be looking for a starting job.

you can get RB's in the 3rd and 4rd round who become good starters. just look at frank gore... the jets need to use those early picks on defensive and offensive LINEMEN.

you can get RB's in the 3rd and 4rd round who become good starters. just look at frank gore... the jets need to use those early picks on defensive and offensive LINEMEN.
You're right mike we need those picks for D and Off. Lineman this way crazy a$$ cedric won't be running up D'brick or Mangold's butt cheeks when looking for the hole

I don't believe in committing rounds to positions like you guys do. You have to judge each player individually. If the Jets have the #15 pick and Michael Bush is the best player available you should take him. If Alan Branch the Nose Tackle is available at #15, though I doubt he will be, take him there. There aren't alot of good Defensive Linemen in this draft. O-line is again pretty deep this year but that just means you can find quality guards and tackles in Rounds 2-5.

Plus, this underemphasis on the RB position is a big reason why our running game is pathetic right now. You're not going to have a good ground game with scrubs like Washington, Houston, Barlow and Blaylock and for every Frank Gore you have dozens of RB's you've never even heard about.

Take the best player available and know which positions are deep with talent.

Detroit - Kevin Jones

Miami - Ronnie Brown

How about...

1st round 06 pick

3rd or 4th round 06 pick

2nd round 07 pick

WR Justin McCareins

I would bet Miami would go after an OL...

how can you mortgage the future for one player, mainly a rb which are a dime a dozen? No way do I trade up that much for him. This team is more than one player away

Exactly. I hope the FO doesnt think along the lines of some of the drivel posted in this thread.

This team will have a top 15 pick.

Marshawn Lynch will likely be availble to us, and he's a very good player, by far the 2nd best back in college football, #1 actually with Peterson down with his injury.

The #1 guy I want, if we stick with this 3-4, is Alan Branch.

Archived