Where is the party for...

4HCrew

Unf. no.

I was suppose to have the fake ID for Cleveland but my brother has yet to take me so it looks like I need to find somebody else to help me out with my situation.

If you wait long enough, that problem will resolve itself.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose every person who lives in Gainesville, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Lincoln, Blacksburg, Norman, and West Point must have gone to those schools, or they wouldnt be allowed to root for the hometown team by your standards.

By my standards it would be gay to root for them, yes. Unless you are associated with a University through means OTHER than proximity, you should not be a fan of that University -- by my standard.

By my standards it would be gay to root for them, yes. Unless you are associated with a University through means OTHER than proximity, you should not be a fan of that University -- by my standard.

It's a good thing we live in a free country, and are allowed to root for whichever teams we want, for whatever reasons. BTW, what country is that flag in your sig, and do they have restrictions on which team for which people can root?

It's a good thing we live in a free country, and are allowed to root for whichever teams we want, for whatever reasons. BTW, what country is that flag in your sig, and do they have restrictions on which team for which people can root?

Its Scotland (although, its in there for the Rangers FC logo on top of it more than anything else) and YES, they do have restrictions -- Catholics have to root for Celtic, and Protestants have to root for Rangers.

Nonetheless, you can root for whomever you like, but if you aren't a Rutgers student, Alum, or related to one, I'll consider you gay for being a Rutgers fan. This time five years ago nobody in NJ rooted for Rutgers, they acted like Rutgers didn't even have sports, and now everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon.

Rooting for the state school because you live in that state is GAY. Especially in New Jersey, where there is NO pre-existing tradition of doing so. NONE.

Its Scotland (although, its in there for the Rangers FC logo on top of it more than anything else) and YES, they do have restrictions -- Catholics have to root for Celtic, and Protestants have to root for Rangers.

Nonetheless, you can root for whomever you like, but if you aren't a Rutgers student, Alum, or related to one, I'll consider you gay for being a Rutgers fan. This time five years ago nobody in NJ rooted for Rutgers, they acted like Rutgers didn't even have sports, and now everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon.

Rooting for the state school because you live in that state is GAY. Especially in New Jersey, where there is NO pre-existing tradition of doing so. NONE.

Crap like this is the exact reason that RU had so much trouble recruiting NJ. I'm straight and I went to RU. I guess by "your standards" my wife is straight too, because she is related. Most of NYC roots for St. John's hoops. It's not like St. John's has such a huge graduating class every year.

I would be careful calling Penn State gay. Have you ever been to Happy Valley? In December? In the rain? Sitting in a small red section while the entire stadium through marshmallows, heavy from the rain, which smacked your section and the whole stadium chanted "MAAAARRRSSSHHHMALLLLOWW!" for three hours? Then you took the bus home? Because if they did that to us I can only imagine what they would do to 'nova fans.

Crap like this is the exact reason that RU had so much trouble recruiting NJ. I'm straight and I went to RU. I guess by "your standards" my wife is straight too, because she is related. Most of NYC roots for St. John's hoops. It's not like St. John's has such a huge graduating class every year.

I would be careful calling Penn State gay. Have you ever been to Happy Valley? In December? In the rain? Sitting in a small red section while the entire stadium through marshmallows, heavy from the rain, which smacked your section and the whole stadium chanted "MAAAARRRSSSHHHMALLLLOWW!" for three hours? Then you took the bus home? Because if they did that to us I can only imagine what they would do to 'nova fans.

Fuggedaboutit #27, the guy is going off half-****ed about this BS.

I'm happy my Jet fans local college football team is doing well, and I have nothing against RU and their (former Miami) coach.

I'm also happy to see the NYC area get excited about CFB as it is a great game.

Fuggedaboutit #27, the guy is going off half-****ed about this BS.

I'm happy my Jet fans local college football team is doing well, and I have nothing against RU and their (former Miami) coach.

I'm also happy to see the NYC area get excited about CFB as it is a great game.

Well Jetcane have you ever been to Happy Valley? I'd be interested to know how they'd treat Miami fans.

On a side note...nice meeting up with you guys...and for the record Joisey believed even when the score was 25-7

Always good to hang with you Tyson, Can't Hackett and joisey-still yelling R-U at the Boathouse probably.

How did you like us in '86?

Army faitgues? 5 interceptions from Vinny.

I never said I didnt like state penn. I dont dislike them.

I also still dont have a problem with peeps wearing camo- look around, it's all over the place today.

People create issues where none exist.

I never said I didnt like state penn. I dont dislike them.

I also still dont have a problem with peeps wearing camo- look around, it's all over the place today.

People create issues where none exist.

C'Mon, Miamin went into that game acting like jerks. treating a game like it was a war was pretty demeaning to the game and veterans.

Jerome Brown saluting after a tackle was just silly.

The image I will never forget was the Miami TE crying, actually bawling on the sideline after he fumbled that ball. I forget his name, but he wound up in teh NFL.

The media portayed them the way they portrayed them.

What I do know is that since that game, Miami has won four national championships. How many has State Penn won since then?

Also you dont want to go into who was acting like jerks. State Penn, which was a mostly white team, injected racism into the pre-game dinner by coming to it in black face, which prompted the mostly black Miami team to walk out of the dinner.

Talk about being jerks.

The media portayed them the way they portrayed them.

What I do know is that since that game, Miami has won four national championships. How many has State Penn won since then?

Also you dont want to go into who was acting like jerks. State Penn, which was a mostly white team, injected racism into the pre-game dinner by coming to it in black face, which prompted the mostly black Miami team to walk out of the dinner.

Talk about being jerks.

I don't know where you came up with teh Black Face, but I have never seen any mention of that any where. Show proof, if you can.

MIAMI was the one coming off the planes and going to functions in fatigues and saying it was a WAR. Media did not make that up.

For a Miami fan to call Penn State, State Penn, well that is comical.

Of course you didnt hear about it, because the media only reports what they want people to know. There is plenty written on it though, look in Jimmy Johnson's biography, and on the net.

Wikopedia mentions that Miami walked out of the dinner, but doesnt say why LOL!

More problems for PSU

By Eric Brandner

Sentinel Reporter September 10, 2003

Joe Paterno, seen here addressing reporters at media day, talked Tuesday about his decision-making process when players run into trouble with the law and university. (Nathan Hockley/Speical to The Sentinel)

Saturday night is all right for fighting at Penn State.

Redshirt freshman punter Jeremy Kapinos, one of the few Nittany Lions who played well in Saturday's 27-14 loss to Boston College, was arrested later that night for underage drinking and disorderly conduct.

Head coach Joe Paterno addressed that issue Tuesday, and gave some insights as to how he handles off-field disturbances in the program.

"I have heard his side of the story and it is a little different than what I have read," Paterno said. "I am going to wait until I get both sides of the story.

"You want me to say something now that I don't know what I can say about it. I have to hear the other side of the story. You guys only have one side."

The side Paterno is referring to is the report that Kapinos was involved in a fight early Sunday at an off-campus apartment. The redshirt freshman was one of three people charged in the incident.

Kapinos is the fourth known PSU player to receive an underage drinking citation since the April 19 Blue-White game. Sophomores Andrew Richardson and Tyler Reed were both cited for underage drinking the night of Penn State's annual scrimmage. Fellow sophomore E.Z. Smith was cited for underage drinking twice in July, and is not on the Lions' current roster.

"I tell them, 'I want you to be responsible, sensitive and good citizens. I don't expect you to be angels,'" Paterno said. "I am dealing with young people who are going through a college experience trying to be football players and get an education. I am trying to help them do it. Sometimes they drive me nuts. Sometimes I think they are great. That is the way I am. Unfortunately, I have too many kids out there."

The 76-year-old coach said his players are well-informed about the dangers and consequences they may face off the field.

"(The players) meet with (Sports Information Director) Jeff Nelson, the alcohol awareness people and Sue Sherburne, who talks to them about sexual relationships and abuse," Paterno said. "We have the FBI come in to talk about gambling. We have a group of people come in on agents. You are talking about five, six or seven meetings that have nothing to do with football, but the world they live in. We have a responsibility to do that. We had Tommy Bill, who played for us, who had a problem with drinking that comes up and talks to the squad about it."

Off-field controversy has hung over the Nittany Lions' program since last winter, when news broke that defensive back Anwar Phillips was allowed to play in the Capital One Bowl despite accepting a two-semester expulsion from the school for an alleged incident of sexual assault against a female student two-plus weeks before the game.

Paterno refused to comment on the situation or his decision to play Phillips in the Jan. 1 bowl game. Phillips' expulsion did not officially start until Jan. 13.

Phillips was acquitted of criminal charges in late August. He has re-enrolled at Penn State and rejoined the football team, dressing but not playing in the Lions' loss to Boston College Saturday.

Paterno said his reluctance to address any off-field situation comes from wanting to do the right thing. That line of reasoning dates back to 2000, when quarterback Rashard Casey was accused of assaulting a Hoboken, N.J., police officer. Casey was never indicted by a grand jury.

"I knew more about Rashard Casey than you guys knew," Paterno said. "I went through this with Anwar Phillips. It wouldn't do me any good to get into a long explanation of what I knew or didn't know. I am getting all kinds of things in my ears. I am getting calls from people who know people saying, 'This is what happened and this isn't what happened.' I have to sift it all out.

"So when you ask me, 'What are you going to do?' I tell you, 'I haven't got the slightest idea of what I am going to do.' I am not trying to play games with you or evade the issue. I wasn't trying to do that with Anwar. I was just trying to be fair to everybody involved in it.

"As soon as I am comfortable and know what the truth is, I will make a decision not based on what you think or fans think, I am going to base it on what I think is right, period."

Junior place-kicker Robbie Gould is listed as the No. 2 punter behind Kapinos on the Lions' depth chart. Paterno said he hoped they didn't have to use Gould as a punter, indicating that Kapinos may play Saturday against Nebraska.

Gould punted in the first half of Penn State's 49-17 victory over Louisiana Tech last season because first-string punter David Royer was being disciplined for missing the team bus. He averaged 42 yards on his two attempts.

"We have always had to have a back-up punter in case somebody gets hurt," Paterno said. "I hope I don't have to use him too soon."

Nittany Lions sophomore defensive lineman Scott Paxson also has off-field problems.

Paxson, a sophomore who recorded his first career sack against B.C., has a preliminary hearing today on charges of criminal mischief and receiving stolen property. Police claimed they caught Paxson riding a stolen bicycle.

"I got two sides to that story," Paterno said. "That bike was never reported stolen, if it is the same bike."

The sophomore, who is a diabetic, may not play this weekend against Nebraska

Of course you didnt hear about it, because the media only reports what they want people to know. There is plenty written on it though, look in Jimmy Johnson's biography, and on the net.

Wikopedia mentions that Miami walked out of the dinner, but doesnt say why LOL!

More problems for PSU

By Eric Brandner

Sentinel Reporter September 10, 2003

Joe Paterno, seen here addressing reporters at media day, talked Tuesday about his decision-making process when players run into trouble with the law and university. (Nathan Hockley/Speical to The Sentinel)

Saturday night is all right for fighting at Penn State.

Redshirt freshman punter Jeremy Kapinos, one of the few Nittany Lions who played well in Saturday's 27-14 loss to Boston College, was arrested later that night for underage drinking and disorderly conduct.

Head coach Joe Paterno addressed that issue Tuesday, and gave some insights as to how he handles off-field disturbances in the program.

"I have heard his side of the story and it is a little different than what I have read," Paterno said. "I am going to wait until I get both sides of the story.

"You want me to say something now that I don't know what I can say about it. I have to hear the other side of the story. You guys only have one side."

The side Paterno is referring to is the report that Kapinos was involved in a fight early Sunday at an off-campus apartment. The redshirt freshman was one of three people charged in the incident.

Kapinos is the fourth known PSU player to receive an underage drinking citation since the April 19 Blue-White game. Sophomores Andrew Richardson and Tyler Reed were both cited for underage drinking the night of Penn State's annual scrimmage. Fellow sophomore E.Z. Smith was cited for underage drinking twice in July, and is not on the Lions' current roster.

"I tell them, 'I want you to be responsible, sensitive and good citizens. I don't expect you to be angels,'" Paterno said. "I am dealing with young people who are going through a college experience trying to be football players and get an education. I am trying to help them do it. Sometimes they drive me nuts. Sometimes I think they are great. That is the way I am. Unfortunately, I have too many kids out there."

The 76-year-old coach said his players are well-informed about the dangers and consequences they may face off the field.

"(The players) meet with (Sports Information Director) Jeff Nelson, the alcohol awareness people and Sue Sherburne, who talks to them about sexual relationships and abuse," Paterno said. "We have the FBI come in to talk about gambling. We have a group of people come in on agents. You are talking about five, six or seven meetings that have nothing to do with football, but the world they live in. We have a responsibility to do that. We had Tommy Bill, who played for us, who had a problem with drinking that comes up and talks to the squad about it."

Off-field controversy has hung over the Nittany Lions' program since last winter, when news broke that defensive back Anwar Phillips was allowed to play in the Capital One Bowl despite accepting a two-semester expulsion from the school for an alleged incident of sexual assault against a female student two-plus weeks before the game.

Paterno refused to comment on the situation or his decision to play Phillips in the Jan. 1 bowl game. Phillips' expulsion did not officially start until Jan. 13.

Phillips was acquitted of criminal charges in late August. He has re-enrolled at Penn State and rejoined the football team, dressing but not playing in the Lions' loss to Boston College Saturday.

Paterno said his reluctance to address any off-field situation comes from wanting to do the right thing. That line of reasoning dates back to 2000, when quarterback Rashard Casey was accused of assaulting a Hoboken, N.J., police officer. Casey was never indicted by a grand jury.

"I knew more about Rashard Casey than you guys knew," Paterno said. "I went through this with Anwar Phillips. It wouldn't do me any good to get into a long explanation of what I knew or didn't know. I am getting all kinds of things in my ears. I am getting calls from people who know people saying, 'This is what happened and this isn't what happened.' I have to sift it all out.

"So when you ask me, 'What are you going to do?' I tell you, 'I haven't got the slightest idea of what I am going to do.' I am not trying to play games with you or evade the issue. I wasn't trying to do that with Anwar. I was just trying to be fair to everybody involved in it.

"As soon as I am comfortable and know what the truth is, I will make a decision not based on what you think or fans think, I am going to base it on what I think is right, period."

Junior place-kicker Robbie Gould is listed as the No. 2 punter behind Kapinos on the Lions' depth chart. Paterno said he hoped they didn't have to use Gould as a punter, indicating that Kapinos may play Saturday against Nebraska.

Gould punted in the first half of Penn State's 49-17 victory over Louisiana Tech last season because first-string punter David Royer was being disciplined for missing the team bus. He averaged 42 yards on his two attempts.

"We have always had to have a back-up punter in case somebody gets hurt," Paterno said. "I hope I don't have to use him too soon."

Nittany Lions sophomore defensive lineman Scott Paxson also has off-field problems.

Paxson, a sophomore who recorded his first career sack against B.C., has a preliminary hearing today on charges of criminal mischief and receiving stolen property. Police claimed they caught Paxson riding a stolen bicycle.

"I got two sides to that story," Paterno said. "That bike was never reported stolen, if it is the same bike."

The sophomore, who is a diabetic, may not play this weekend against Nebraska

Mmm-kay

Glass houses and all that.

Oh. OK JetCane-The Miami program are angels compared to Penn State.

I guess you are turning into Mad Mike now.

Hey, you started talking smack about Miami, and I am showing you the evidence that State Penn is NOT a squeaky clean program, either.

They have had more than their share of RECENT issues with the law, as the one article above indicates.

You didnt even know about the racist steak fry incident, because the media conveniently buried it. I can live with that, because I know exactly what happened, and how the media didnt want to make a racial issue of it.

FIESTA BOWL; WORDS ANGER MIAMI

*Please Note: Archive articles do not include photos, charts or graphics. More information. December 30, 1986, Tuesday

SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (NYT); Sports Desk

Late City Final Edition, Section B, Page 14, Column 3, 688 words

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - Five days before the Sunkist Fiesta Bowl, the prime-time match between Miami and Penn State created to establish an indisputable victor in the college football polls, the spirit of respectful competition suffered the first defeat of the week. A steak fry on Sunday night, one of the activities leading ...

+++++++++++

the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Steak Fry walkout – which Johnson said was prompted by Penn State players' racist joke.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey, you started talking smack about Miami, and I am showing you the evidence that State Penn is NOT a squeaky clean program, either.

They have had more than their share of RECENT issues with the law, as the one article above indicates.

You didnt even know about the racist steak fry incident, because the media conveniently buried it. I can live with that, because I know exactly what happened, and how the media didnt want to make a racial issue of it.

FIESTA BOWL; WORDS ANGER MIAMI

*Please Note: Archive articles do not include photos, charts or graphics. More information. December 30, 1986, Tuesday

SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (NYT); Sports Desk

Late City Final Edition, Section B, Page 14, Column 3, 688 words

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - Five days before the Sunkist Fiesta Bowl, the prime-time match between Miami and Penn State created to establish an indisputable victor in the college football polls, the spirit of respectful competition suffered the first defeat of the week. A steak fry on Sunday night, one of the activities leading ...

+++++++++++

the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Steak Fry walkout

YOU said Black face, now it's a joke.

I NEVER said Penn state was sqeaky clean, but certainly moreso than Miami.

If you believe otherwise, you are just plain naive. BTW-How many times has PSU been on probation?

Yeah the joke was the State Penn players showed up wearing black face- yuk yuk. They performed a skit in black face that was demeaning to African-Americans. Curious that this was buried, and happened under Paterno.

Look at the State Penn arrest ledger sheet the past few years- they are up ther with osu* as the worst offenders. Sexual assault, assault of police officers...nice. If wearing camo is an insult to veterans (which I disagree with) then is committing sexual assault an insult to women? Is assaulting a police officer an insult to law enforcement officers?

Please, psu has had plenty of despicable players...they just dont get as much attention.

So, how many NCs since 1986?

Yeah the joke was the State Penn players showed up wearing black face- yuk yuk. They performed a skit in black face that was demeaning to African-Americans. Curious that this was buried, and happened under Paterno.

Look at the State Penn arrest ledger sheet the past few years- they are up ther with osu* as the worst offenders. Sexual assault, assault of police officers...nice. If wearing camo is an insult to veterans (which I disagree with) then is committing sexual assault an insult to women? Is assaulting a police officer an insult to law enforcement officers?

Please, psu has had plenty of despicable players...they just dont get as much attention.

So, how many NCs since 1986?

Funnby JC-They just conveniently "bury" bad things that Penn State players do, and glorify the bad things that Miami players do.

A little in denial, aren't you?

March 23, 2005

Penn State players charged with firing arrows through wall

Two Penn State football players were cited for criminal mischief after they allegedly fired graphite arrows through their dormitory wall with a compound bow during a party. The residents of the adjoining apartment reported the damage, estimated at $700.00.

Both starters for much of last year, redshirt seniors DT Scott Paxson and OG Tyler Reed have had run-ins with the law before . In addition to the criminal charges, the incident has been referred to Penn State's Judicial Affairs office for review.

I'm not in denial, SD. My position is that ALL the major programs have issues, but they dont all get publicized.

March 23, 2005

Two Penn State football players were cited for criminal mischief after they allegedly fired graphite arrows through their dormitory wall with a compound bow during a party. The residents of the adjoining apartment reported the damage, estimated at $700.00.

Both starters for much of last year, redshirt seniors DT Scott Paxson and OG Tyler Reed have had run-ins with the law before . In addition to the criminal charges, the incident has been referred to Penn State's Judicial Affairs office for review.

I'm not in denial, SD. My position is that ALL the major programs have issues, but they dont all get publicized.

October 21, 2003

Penn State WR arrested for DUI

Tony Johnson, Penn State's leading receiver, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Johnson had a blood-alcohol content of 0.136 when the black Mercedes Benz he was driving was pulled over around 3 a.m. on Friday for crossing the center line of Park Avenue twice. He failed the field sobriety test and was taken to a local hospital for blood tests.

Johnson has 25 catches for 375 yards this season for the Nittany Lions. The university didn't have a comment but said that Coach Paterno would address the matter in today's press briefing.

This is definitely shocking news for Penn State. Could be a big blow as well, as I suspect he'll sit a little bit even as he awaits trial. The really surprising thing is there is no mention of it what so ever on the PSU football page.

What's a kid who (presumably) has a football curfue doing out at 3am? ...and drinking? ...and driving?!

Like I said, glass houses and all that

:)

March 23, 2005

JetCane-What you are showing me ar eINDIVIDUAL acts of college kids being idiots-Vandalism, underage drinking, petty theft and being idiots. Just like I was in college and the majority of other kids.

What Miami has done is shown a pattern of thuggery as a TEAM, brawliung as a team, getting suspended as a team and on probation as a TEAM.

if you can't see the differnce, well shame on you.

JC-Normally you are a smart poster, but you have just turned into one of the legions that has a blind eye for his team.

Penn State is no angelic school. there are NONE. heck, I have done coke with players have went to teh NFL

But, as a PROGRAm in its entirety, compared to Miami, they are darlings.

October 21, 2003

Penn State WR arrested for DUI

Tony Johnson, Penn State's leading receiver, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Johnson had a blood-alcohol content of 0.136 when the black Mercedes Benz he was driving was pulled over around 3 a.m. on Friday for crossing the center line of Park Avenue twice. He failed the field sobriety test and was taken to a local hospital for blood tests.

Johnson has 25 catches for 375 yards this season for the Nittany Lions. The university didn't have a comment but said that Coach Paterno would address the matter in today's press briefing.

This is definitely shocking news for Penn State. Could be a big blow as well, as I suspect he'll sit a little bit even as he awaits trial. The really surprising thing is there is no mention of it what so ever on the PSU football page.

What's a kid who (presumably) has a football curfue doing out at 3am? ...and drinking? ...and driving?!

Like I said, glass houses and all that

:)

More importantly how is he driving a Mercedes?

I dont know, Max, but it's apparent that State Penn players are way ahead in being arrested.

But they are darlings ;-)

I never knew someone to hold a 20 year grudge.

JetCane, I am so sorry that the memories of PSU taking that sweet, little Miami program to the woodshed in the National spotlight of a championship game evokes such emotion and vitrol from you.

The most watched college football game ever.

Sorry that I sparked emotions that you could not contain and clouded all reasonabilities.

You know, you should not expose your weaknesses like that. Someone may use them against you.

Sleep tight tonight, with your pristine, class university better known as Miami University. What an exemplary epitome of class they are for the rest of college sports to emulate.

Porr little Miami with their media biases. How do these stories start.

Pleasant dreams Jetcane. Just don't wake up.

How many Miami players have been arrested in the past 10 years?

How many State Penn players have been arrested in that time?

You are talking rhetoric, I am showing you facts.

State Penn has had more thugs on its team this century than Miami.

Deal with it.

Arrests in 1996? LOL

What about all the State Penn guys arrested since 2000?

You still think they are darlings?

LMAO- State Penn is as thuggish as any program out there.

The difference is they dont have the National Championships to show.

How many in the last 20 years?

What? I cant hear you!

:D

Arrests in 1996? LOL

What about all the State Penn guys arrested since 2000?

You still think they are darlings?

LMAO- State Penn is as thuggish as any program out there.

The difference is they dont have the National Championships to show.

How many in the last 20 years?

What? I cant hear you!

:D

JC- I never said they were darlings-I said they were darlings in CMOPARISON to Miami.

if you want to walk through life with blinders on-Good for you.

Just don't expect us to do teh same. Sleep well with your pristine program. I can already see you are dreaming.

Done!

Archived