"Happy Thanksgiving" Edition of POTW - November 22, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to this weeks edition of POTW. There are several excellent posts and a lot of very good posts for you to enjoy this week people, so I'm going to get right to them:

----------

(Topic: Why Is Jack Del Rio Wearing A Suit?)

Originally Posted by Bugg

What the eff is Joe Piscopo doing on the Jags sideline?

(Editor's Note: F'n Giants couldn't even do the Jets a favor and win. Bastids.)

-----

(Topic: Stupid decision to go for the onsides kick)

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

This is my take on it:

* New, first-time 35-yo HC

* New, first-time 32-yo OC

* New, first-time DC

* Rookie left tackle

* Rookie center

* Departed pro-bowler JAbe

* Departed (former) pro-bowler Mawae

* Departed pro-bowler Ty Law

* Departed well-liked (by the players) HC Herm

* Popular RB Martin on PUP list through at least week 8

* New defensive scheme

* New offensive scheme

* Team is coming off a 4-12 season

* No big-time FA acquisitions

For Mangini to add to that by benching Chad after beating out the other two (three) in training camp, he might have lost the team right away - something a new HC sometimes never recovers from.

Then we won a bunch of games - four of them against the league's doormats, but no matter; they're still wins. Then we beat NE in their house.

At 5-5 and then the #5 seed, there is NO WAY Mangini could have benched Chad before the Chicago game unless he was injured. Lose the Chicago game with Pennington = we weren't good enough. Lose the Chicago game after benching Pennington & starting Ramsey or Clemens = potentially losing the team.

So given all that, in hindsight, I had no problem with Mangini starting out with Chad, and sticking with him while we were in a playoff hunt. One more loss - particularly vs one of our softie opponents - and the switch becomes palatable (or at least MORE palatable) to all.

(Editor's Note: Excellent post, just excellent. Sperm Edwards is more than just a pretty face, folks.)

-----

Originally Posted by jetsfanbkny

you have to be smoking crack..for you to say that was a good call for the onside kick for a game that was clearly a field position game to give them the ball on the 40..patfantx please stfu...

Originally Posted by joewilly

I happened to be smokin crack at the start of the 2nd half & still didn't like the call. I could barely inhale

(Editor's Note: You need to try something else - perhaps The Horse might help you come around to liking the call?)

-----

(Topic: New avatar, for all the ladies!)

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

nice sock...but wheres the BEEF?

(Editor's Note: How do you know that's a sock? Been there? Just wondering. j/k)

-----

(Topic: The Chadinette Handbook of Excuses)

Originally Posted by Barton

Ladies and Gents, I bring to you..............

The Chadinette Handbook of Excuses

1. Despite his pathetic losing record vs. Top 10 defenses, remind everyone that Chad Pennington isn

Originally Posted by onemanswarm

Every Tuesday morning, I wake up an hour early so that I can sit on the floor of my shower and meditate on the current state of the NFL until the water runs cold. This morning, through the power of prayer, the following rankings were revealed to me:

1. Chicago Bears (8-1): Chicago hasn

GM -

You rocked it all week long, my friend. No shame in the Assist award.

As Hall and Oates once said "So close yet so far away". I can't help but feel that there was a little sympathy in this nomination though. Trying to debunk the whole prejudice theory and all. :)

No chance - that was a funny, funny exchange. I'm not a chick before breaking up "one last time"ing you. :)

As Hall and Oates once said "So close yet so far away". I can't help but feel that there was a little sympathy in this nomination though. Trying to debunk the whole prejudice theory and all. :)

Quotes from hall and oates is scary...that's almost as Gay as ...well Tom Brady !!

Archived