Back from the Meadowlands - My observation

RealJetFan

Hey guys,

I had my first ever Jet game. My seats were awesome. The crowd was great. I wish the Jets would've won, but that happens.

Here are my observation from the game.

D'Brick was getting schooled by Schobel. I don't know if he's hitting the rookie wall or not, but his pass blocking was almost non existent. But he did do well getting to the 2nd level on the running plays. The Jets were having success with the run, but couldn't keep it up due to the score.

Mangold is a STUD. I can't believe he's only a rookie. I wish non-skill players can get ROY awards, cuz this kid deserves it. He is so strong and never gets confused with what the D is doing. I was really impressed by him.

Washington and Houston are a very good 1-2 punch. One likes to punch people in the mouth and the other is a shifty runner that will make people miss. Both players were doing well against the Bills D-line.

Now i dont' know if it was cuz of Penny or the WRs, but Buffalo's corners were not scared at all of the deep ball. They played right up on the receivers and dared Coles and Cotchery to go deep. They were jumping on all the slant routes and could've had another pick for a TD on a slant to Coles. Either they knew something bout the Jets that we didn't, cuz they took the whole short passing game away from us and we still didn't go deep. I don't know if Penny has an injury that they're not disclosing or they just aren't afraid of our receivers. But we played right into their hands and didn't adjust to that.

The defense looked terrible out there. I don't know why we weren't blitzing Rhodes or faking the blitz with him. Every time i looked up, i saw him standing back and letting Losman read teh coverage. That double move by Evans was a thing of beauty. Barrett got beat, but the TD was on Rhodes. He had no business trying to cover the underneath route. Barrett was there for that. He should've been over the top, taking the deep ball away. Rhodes looked bad today.

Vilma wasn't even on the field. i couldn't even find him. I would see McGahee running up the field for 5 yards everytime and Vilma was nowhere near him. Hobson and Thomas looked good or as good as they can in a 31-13 whooping. Our D-line got overpowered by the Bills O-line. Our front 4 couldn't get any pressure, which is why i don't understand why we didn't blitz more.

Special Teams looked good. Justin Miller is electric. The Bills made a conscious effort to keep the ball away from him after his returns earlier in the game that got the Jets real good field position. Even Nugent seems like he's turned the corner and makes the kicks with confidence.

Coaching. I don't know, but yesterday did not look like a Mangini team. It seemed like we were back under the helm with Herm. I didn't see any of the creative, innovative coaching that's been Mangini's forte. They didn't make any adjustments to what Buffalo was doing.

Ok, well that enough of the rant by me. Those were my oberservations of the game yesterday. Hopefully we do better next week and learn from the mistakes.

RealJetFan

Great 10th post.

This guy in my section was wearing a Vlima jersey. After a 1st down run he stood up cheering because Vilma made a tackle. He was really happy.

Me -- I was pissed that they got 7 yards. 2 and 3 on defense never really excites me.

Great 10th post.

This guy in my section was wearing a Vlima jersey. After a 1st down run he stood up cheering because Vilma made a tackle. He was really happy.

Me -- I was pissed that they got 7 yards. 2 and 3 on defense never really excites me.

Thanks Max,

Yeah i couldn't believe Vilma was no where to be found after all the trash talking Willis did leading up to the game. I mean he didn't even play a whole quarter and still had 125 yards. Un-freakin-believe-able. Hopefully Mangini has the Jets over the loss and ready for the Vikings. They are better than their record and are decptively better on D. Schotty, better have a better game plan than what he did against the Bills.

RealJetFan

Hey guys,

I had my first ever Jet game. My seats were awesome. The crowd was great. I wish the Jets would've won, but that happens.

D'Brick was getting schooled by Schobel. I don't know if he's hitting the rookie wall or not, but his pass blocking was almost non existent. But he did do well getting to the 2nd level on the running plays. The Jets were having success with the run, but couldn't keep it up due to the score.

Mangold is a STUD. I can't believe he's only a rookie. I wish non-skill players can get ROY awards, cuz this kid deserves it. He is so strong and never gets confused with what the D is doing. I was really impressed by him.

Washington and Houston are a very good 1-2 punch. One likes to punch people in the mouth and the other is a shifty runner that will make people miss. Both players were doing well against the Bills D-line. I wouldn't be to proud of that, our run defense sucks big time this year. That is one of the problems with the Tampa 2 defense. If players don't fill their gaps then runners can get big gains.

Now i dont' know if it was cuz of Penny or the WRs, but Buffalo's corners were not scared at all of the deep ball. They played right up on the receivers and dared Coles and Cotchery to go deep. They were jumping on all the slant routes and could've had another pick for a TD on a slant to Coles. Either they knew something bout the Jets that we didn't, cuz they took the whole short passing game away from us and we still didn't go deep. I don't know if Penny has an injury that they're not disclosing or they just aren't afraid of our receivers. But we played right into their hands and didn't adjust to that. I think we learned a lot from our first game with you and made the appropriate adjustments. Also our defense has more experience than they had the first time.

The defense looked terrible out there. I don't know why we weren't blitzing Rhodes or faking the blitz with him. Every time i looked up, i saw him standing back and letting Losman read teh coverage. That double move by Evans was a thing of beauty. Barrett got beat, but the TD was on Rhodes. He had no business trying to cover the underneath route. Barrett was there for that. He should've been over the top, taking the deep ball away. Rhodes looked bad today.

Vilma wasn't even on the field. i couldn't even find him. I would see McGahee running up the field for 5 yards everytime and Vilma was nowhere near him. Hobson and Thomas looked good or as good as they can in a 31-13 whooping. Our D-line got overpowered by the Bills O-line. Our front 4 couldn't get any pressure, which is why i don't understand why we didn't blitz more.

Special Teams looked good. Justin Miller is electric. The Bills made a conscious effort to keep the ball away from him after his returns earlier in the game that got the Jets real good field position. Even Nugent seems like he's turned the corner and makes the kicks with confidence. I agree that Miller is a great special teams player. He is your answer to our Terrance McGee who was out with an ankle sprain yesterday.

Coaching. I don't know, but yesterday did not look like a Mangini team. It seemed like we were back under the helm with Herm. I didn't see any of the creative, innovative coaching that's been Mangini's forte. They didn't make any adjustments to what Buffalo was doing.

Ok, well that enough of the rant by me. Those were my oberservations of the game yesterday. Hopefully we do better next week and learn from the mistakes.

RealJetFan

See Above

Great 10th post.

So Max, was that the only tackle Vilma made the entire game (he was credited with just 1 tackle)?

Nice, one tackle, 7 yards downfield.

So Max, was that the only tackle Vilma made the entire game (he was credited with just 1 tackle)?

Nice, one tackle, 7 yards downfield.

Damn -- I didn't look at the stats. But from what I remember that was an unassisted tackle. Ouch. Rough day.

spoken like a real jet fan there real jet fan. I agree with all your assessments except your seats, and thats cause I don't know where you sat ;)

Sorry i forgot to include that. I was in Section 311. It was just around the 50 yardline. Really nice seats.

RealJetFan

Nice recap RealJetfan

That is something most teams will not have to fear against us-this will be considered a knock on Chad but it is a fact-a secondary does not have to fear a 50 yard pass down the field.

I couldn't believe how the corners were right up on our receivers. They definately adjusted from the first game and realized that Chad will not go deep.

From what i can see, we need another speed receiver out there. We need someone that will scare defenses to stay honest. Yesterday they were lining up 8 in the box all game long. We need to get a 3rd playmaker who can take one to the house.

I know alot of people are faulting Chad, but he had no time at all to throw the ball. Chad is as good as his O-line as is. There were times when he did get time, but the receivers were blanketed with coverage. They weren't getting any separation.

Also why is that we can't throw a regular pass to Brad Smith? Why is it that whenever he comes in the game, my grandmother can call that it's a trick play? We need to change that up and stop being predicatable with it.

RealJetFan

From what i can see, we need another speed receiver out there. We need someone that will scare defenses to stay honest. Yesterday they were lining up 8 in the box all game long. We need to get a 3rd playmaker who can take one to the house.

I know alot of people are faulting Chad, but he had no time at all to throw the ball. Chad is as good as his O-line as is. There were times when he did get time, but the receivers were blanketed with coverage. They weren't getting any separation.

RealJetFan

We had speed receivers here (Santana Moss) and that didn't work all that well. The problem is Chad and Chad alone. The opposing defense does not respect his arm strength leading to all kind of offensive problems in other areas. The reason why our run game is often bottled up? Chads arm is a non threat leading to defenses crowding the box. The reason why he is pressured as much? Because of Chads poor decisions under pressure. The reason why our receivers are so tightly covered? Chads inability to make long throws shortens the field for the opposing defense.

It call comes down to Chad's weak arm and lack of production under pressure.

Hey guys,

Washington and Houston are a very good 1-2 punch. One likes to punch people in the mouth and the other is a shifty runner that will make people miss. Both players were doing well against the Bills D-line.

Now i dont' know if it was cuz of Penny or the WRs, but Buffalo's corners were not scared at all of the deep ball. They played right up on the receivers and dared Coles and Cotchery to go deep. They were jumping on all the slant routes and could've had another pick for a TD on a slant to Coles. Either they knew something bout the Jets that we didn't, cuz they took the whole short passing game away from us and we still didn't go deep. I don't know if Penny has an injury that they're not disclosing or they just aren't afraid of our receivers. But we played right into their hands and didn't adjust to that.

Special Teams looked good. Justin Miller is electric. The Bills made a conscious effort to keep the ball away from him after his returns earlier in the game that got the Jets real good field position. Even Nugent seems like he's turned the corner and makes the kicks with confidence.

RealJetFan

Excellent post.

We had speed receivers here (Santana Moss) and that didn't work all that well. The problem is Chad and Chad alone. The opposing defense does not respect his arm strength leading to all kind of offensive problems in other areas. The reason why our run game is often bottled up? Chads arm is a non threat leading to defenses crowding the box. The reason why he is pressured as much? Because of Chads poor decisions under pressure. The reason why our receivers are so tightly covered? Chads inability to make long throws shortens the field for the opposing defense.

It call comes down to Chad's weak arm and lack of production under pressure.

When we had Santana here with Coles, we were lighting up the league. Teams couldn't guard the two of them. From what i can tell, we need another playmaker on the field. The defenses are doubling Coles and playing up on Cothery. Baker isn't scaring anyone, MacCareans sucks, and Brad Smith is still an unknow. We need a 6'4, 4.3 burner that will scare the crap out of them. We're lacking a playmaker to get the offense rolling.

I'm not a huge Chad fan, but yesterday he was running for his life. He had no time at all and when he did, the receivers were blanketed with coverage. But give Chad protection and he'll get the ball to the receivers. That's what i saw anyways.

RealJetFan

Archived