"I'd give my left nut to have Branch back" - Tom Brady

Steveg

On no... didn't you hear.... TX said they are getting better this year and Tom Brady's low QB rating doesn't mean a thing.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=384622&postcount=56

BZ

For starters, the quarterback rating is about the most useless stat in the history of the NFL. That's the kind of things that kiddies like Barton and 124 used to use before they moved up to Jr. High.

For starters, the quarterback rating is about the most useless stat in the history of the NFL. That's the kind of things that kiddies like Barton and 124 used to use before they moved up to Jr. High.

If that was for starters... can't wait to see your endings.

BZ

Keep clinging to the qb rating. Maybe you would like to include that Chad was a Rhodes Scholar finalist in your arguments as well.

You keep clinging to your stats and the idea that your team isn't in decline.

That and the tooth fairy might get a you a quarter.

A typical Patsie who wants to only use the numbers that make his side look good.

QB rating is an accepted measurement of performance. Not the last and only word, but one measuring stick.

BZ

You keep clinging to your stats and the idea that your team isn't in decline.

That and the tooth fairy might get a you a quarter.

A typical Patsie who wants to only use the numbers that make his side look good.

QB rating is an accepted measurement of performance. Not the last and only word, but one measuring stick.

BZ

I'm not using numbers to make my side look good. I'm just saying that the QB rating is the most worthless stat ever no matter what player we're talking about. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one that feels this way and more than a few of them are Jets fans too.

I'm not using numbers to make my side look good. I'm just saying that the QB rating is the most worthless stat ever no matter what player we're talking about. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one that feels this way and more than a few of them are Jets fans too.

It is just a calculation, one of many. It is widely accepted and at times can seem odd in terms of how it swings. I agree.

That being said, using it as a comparison is fine.

Top QB ratings this season: Manning, Romo, Brees.

Bottom QB Ratings: Young, Harrington, Plumber.

That trend looks accurate from the sniff test.

What is your big beef with it (besides Brady's sliding this year).

BZ

OK so the QB rating haters should start writing in their letters to the NFL "stop following this stat, it doesnt prove anything!"

See the Pats fans are making the typical error of including team results as an arguement for individual stats...

A QB shows how effective a Qb is, period. If it was an incorrect measurement I am sure somebody would have pointed it out by now and the NFL would stop using it as a statistic for their players... or the NFLPA would have done something about it becuase it would hurt the players if it were false...

A QB rating is a good way to judge a QB, not what the TEAM accomplishes like some of you are mixing it up as.

OK so the QB rating haters should start writing in their letters to the NFL "stop following this stat, it doesnt prove anything!"

See the Pats fans are making the typical error of including team results as an arguement for individual stats...

A QB shows how effective a Qb is, period. If it was an incorrect measurement I am sure somebody would have pointed it out by now and the NFL would stop using it as a statistic for their players... or the NFLPA would have done something about it becuase it would hurt the players if it were false...

A QB rating is a good way to judge a QB, not what the TEAM accomplishes like some of you are mixing it up as.

And use what? Yards? Favors pass heavy teams.

The QB rating is like the tuck rule. It is not exactly perfect, but it is the best thing they can come up with.

When a 12 yard pass to a back is measured the same as a 12 yard out...there is somthing wrong with the system.

I actually like the QB rating as a measure of pass defense, but that is just me.

Seems like it works to me...

Here are some QB Ratings....

Chad Pennington

2002 - 104.2 (breakout year, did great)

2006 - 81.3 (has struggled and thrown picks)

Tom Brady

2004 - 92.6 (did well, decent YPA won the SB)

2006 - 86.1 (has struggled)

Peyton Manning

2004 - 121.1 (amazing year 49TDs 10Ints)

2006 - 99.0 (been good but not amazing)

You can go down the list and QB rating directly reflect the performance of a player, so saying that the QB rating is not good doesnt make any sense considering it seems to work well.

QB A: 3/3, 9 yards, QB rating of 79.1 (but team has to punt)

QB B: 1/3, 12 yards, QB rating of 46.5 (but team picked up 1st down)

QB B will miss his next 2 throws and they wont get the next first down... while QB A will come out on the next drive and march down the field one completion after another...

Seems like it works to me...

Here are some QB Ratings....

Chad Pennington

2002 - 104.2 (breakout year, did great)

2006 - 81.3 (has struggled and thrown picks)

Tom Brady

2004 - 92.6 (did well, decent YPA won the SB)

2006 - 86.1 (has struggled)

Peyton Manning

2004 - 121.1 (amazing year 49TDs 10Ints)

2006 - 99.0 (been good but not amazing)

You can go down the list and QB rating directly reflect the performance of a player, so saying that the QB rating is not good doesnt make any sense considering it seems to work well.

According to QB ratings, the 10th best QB in the NFL this season was benched a month ago (Brunell). Carr is the 13th best with his negative TD to INT ratio and there are 4 QBs with more yards and a positive TD to INT ratio and 2 other QBs with positive TD to INTs ratios behind him.

It is a measurement. Not a great one, but it is one for arguments sake.

About the title, don't you mean "'I'd give my left arm to have Branch's nuts back' - Tom Brady"

No. I am pretty sure it is nut. One less need for it now that he is currently on the market. No need for kids or unwanted pregnancies. Two, a one armed QB is kind of useless. Right Chadapologists?

Archived