Strahan placed on IR

Matt39

Done for the season.

Maybe they should put the whole team on IR. We all know Tiki checked out around Week 9.

Again! Wasn't he on IR last year? He probably hurt himself making those terrible Subway commercials with that Jared bloke.

Strahan is a JOKE.The team is doing poorly and he opts for IR.Go figure if the team was battling for a playoff spot he'd be the mortar and play hurt.

Strahan and his LAY Down sack record are a JOKE.

Who said he opted for the IR? In the end, that is the team's decision.

p.s. If Strahan was a Jet you would be proclaiming him the best DE ever.

I cant speak for others, but I would not. I would dislike him the same way I did Abe...

At least when guys like Pennington/Coles/Martin ect get hurt they play... what is with the whimpy DE's??? The new WR position maybe??

Who said he opted for the IR? In the end, that is the team's decision.

theres alot of people who haven't gotten over the sack record (granted brett favre gave it to him)

still, Strahans a nice guy who really busted his ass off to make sure he signed every single kid an autograph at the Giants training camp in Albany, its sad to see his career go down with injuries

Huh? Favre laid down for the sack record. The other 21.5 or whatever didn't. He was also good against the run, which few sackmaster DE's are. He was the whole package. Clearly Chrebet thinks a lot of him; the two of them are best friends off the field.

Strahan is past his prime now, but he was better than any DLman we've had since Klecko.

Huh? Favre laid down for the sack record. The other 21.5 or whatever didn't. He was also good against the run, which few sackmaster DE's are. He was the whole package. Clearly Chrebet thinks a lot of him; the two of them are best friends off the field.

Strahan is past his prime now, but he was better than any DLman we've had since Klecko.

in his prime Strahan was a freaking beast

HOF worthy for sure

Favre LAID DOWN and Strahan LAID on him. ABSOLUTELY.

Chrebets feeling towards Strahan have no bearing on my OPINION that the sack record was LAID DOWN to him.

Favre LAID DOWN and Strahan LAID on him. ABSOLUTELY.

Chrebets feeling towards Strahan have no bearing on my OPINION that the sack record was LAID DOWN to him.

and Mark Gastenaeu used steroids, imagine how much that helped him break through and get all those sacks

Can you PROVE steroid use by Gastineau?

I can clearly PROVE Favre LAID down there are pictures and video.

Gastineau said himself in an interview that he used steroids

do i know what seasons he used them? no, but either way that makes me very suspiscous of his old record

Gastineau also had Klecko on the line with him. Plus it's pretty widely known that he used steroids (like many did back then); wasn't that one of the reasons he stopped playing one year? Strahan gets tested for steroids like everyone else in the league.

And Strahan didn't singlehandedly blow any championship games.

Not to mention anyone who's watched Giant games knows he used to get held on like every play & it was rarely (if ever) called. But for that, he would've had at least another 5 sacks that year (maybe 10 - he WAS that great).

If you don't think he's one of the 3 best DE's (if not THE best DE) of the last 10 years you simply didn't watch him play or only saw highlights. He was the complete package; everything you could ever want for in a DE.

Archived