Will just "making" the playoff be enough for you?

JonEJet

Randy Moss for Matt Schaub would make sense. That would be a very good trade for the Raiders.

Also riz, what's the deal with Porter? Is he going to be released / on the trade market this off-season?

I think moss and porter will be both traded unless we get a new coach.

Moss is no longer a star...

He now has 2,325 yards in his last 3 seasons.... get real

why dont you open you open your eyes and look who his QBs were. The offense they had this season completly suicked. Hes still a star rather you want to admit or not.

Rizz-

Silly questions; with all the mess there is surrounding the Raiders, any inclination or possibility that Davis orders them to tank it for Brady Quinn? Any talk that Rob Ryan will get bumped up to the top job? Seems like it's a real waste to have a really good defense and no offense at all. As bad as the Raiders have been, Davis better look out because someone is going to snap up Ryan as either a DC or an HC. He's done a very good job in awful circumstances.

Rizz-

Silly questions; with all the mess there is surrounding the Raiders, any inclination or possibility that Davis orders them to tank it for Brady Quinn? Any talk that Rob Ryan will get bumped up to the top job? Seems like it's a real waste to have a really good defense and no offense at all. As bad as the Raiders have been, Davis better look out because someone is going to snap up Ryan as either a DC or an HC. He's done a very good job in awful circumstances.

I dont think they'll tank it and I dont think brady quinn will be a raider. I think the raiders will sign Huard or trade for shaub. Art is as good as gone becuse he sucks as a coach. Im hearing shell could be bumped to the front office with the ravens D cordinator becoming the raiders head coach hes the twin brother of rob ryan and hes been around longer I dont think rob is ready to be a HC yet.

why dont you open you open your eyes and look who his QBs were. The offense they had this season completly suicked. Hes still a star rather you want to admit or not.

A star doesnt quit on his team, Moss is tall and talented yes... a star NO

He breaks rules, doesnt give 100%... he is not a star, sorry.

when you have no qb a ****ty HC its hard but I see what your saying. If a winning team wanted him or someone needs a WR that bad i think they would take him.

I dont think they'll tank it and I dont think brady quinn will be a raider. I think the raiders will sign Huard or trade for shaub. Art is as good as gone becuse he sucks as a coach. Im hearing shell could be bumped to the front office with the ravens D cordinator becoming the raiders head coach hes the twin brother of rob ryan and hes been around longer I dont think rob is ready to be a HC yet.

Damon Huard is a good back-up QB but I wouldn't want to build a team around him. I think Shaub has potential to be a good starter in the NFL or even better.

The Raiders have to go with Brady Quinn. If not, we'll gladly offer you Jonathan Vilma and our first round pick for him.

The Raiders have been absolutely awful since Moss got there and yet he's supposed to be jumping around for joy giving that organization praise and support?

Al Davis drafts bust after bust. Gallery, Grove and now Michael Huff. They could have had Leinart or Haloti Ngata in last year's draft but instead they took some scrub safety they could have gotten on day 2. Moss is a jerk but he's one of the best wr's in the game and I really can't blame him for being unhappy there. Mother Theresa would quit on this team.

Damon Huard is a good back-up QB but I wouldn't want to build a team around him. I think Shaub has potential to be a good starter in the NFL or even better.

The Raiders have to go with Brady Quinn. If not, we'll gladly offer you Jonathan Vilma and our first round pick for him.

The raiders already have a good MLB and im seeing shaub in oakland with us drafting A pete or calvin johnson.

The Chargers will absolutely slaughter us. I can feel the defensive pressure they bring just watching. People keep overlooking the Chargers D, but I think they're one of the top 3 units in football, and can scheme to stop any offense (they use a 3-4). People know about Shawn Merriman, but I think Shawn Philips and Jamal Williams are also incredible, and I also like Quintin Jammer in the secondary. But just the unrelenting pressure and the way these guys attack on defense, it's amazing. LT is great, that offense is great, but they have the requisite defense that wins championships over there. I still think the Chargers win the SB this year, or someone really F'ed up, probably Rivers or Marty. Outside of the Ravens, I don't see what team is going to challenge them. The Ravens are a damn complete team too, but I just give the edge to the Chargers because they're younger and I think a bit better on both sides of the ball. That LT guy is sure something.

mangini's 1 game at a time has never been more true than now. winning the super bowl seems daunting - SD, Balt, Indy, NE. but none of that matters, all that matters in the raiders. seperating 1 game from the aggregate. the jets only have to beat the raiders that's it. the next week is exactly that, next week. the jets don't have to beat all of those teams - this isn't diggstown. they only have to beat 1 team each week and they can definitely do that.

great post

keep ripping vilma, see what happens when he gets hurt and production falls way off.

(if you are going to show me the stats on his tackles this year, i would like them compared to Bruschi's...they play the same position in virtually the same system)

vilma is maybe the best pick we've had in five years.

The Raiders have been absolutely awful since Moss got there and yet he's supposed to be jumping around for joy giving that organization praise and support?

Al Davis drafts bust after bust. Gallery, Grove and now Michael Huff. They could have had Leinart or Haloti Ngata in last year's draft but instead they took some scrub safety they could have gotten on day 2. Moss is a jerk but he's one of the best wr's in the game and I really can't blame him for being unhappy there. Mother Theresa would quit on this team.

huff on day two? the bills would have taken him at 9, no questions asked. They took Whitner who is nowhere near the caliber of Huff.

Archived