Will just "making" the playoff be enough for you?

JonEJet

or, will it take AT LEAST a win in the playoffs to make the season a success?

My expectations for this team are not that high....I think the team a few years ago that lost to Pittsburgh was a better team

So even though I want to make some "noise" in the playoffs, the season will be considered a success after last year with one and done.

Do I think we can make some noise against Indy, or the Pats.....absolutely

Can we beat San Diego, and stop LT.....we did a few years ago

Can we beat the Pats....absolutely

Would the Ravens be a tough matchup.....sure thing

Could the Broncos be beaten.....yep

SO in other words, nothing would suprise me.....an invitation to the dance would make the year a success...anything more, well that would just be gravy.:)

To me this season is already a great success.

If they go in and get bombed first round, I'll be upset but I'll get over it in about 15 seconds.

I think the Jets will give whoever they face in the first round a battle. Indy's defense is falling apart and now Manning is taking shots at them. So yeah I think they could go in and give them a good game.

New England: I think again the Jets would keep the game close but New England is still superior in overall talent.

I think the one team that could really put a beating on the Jets is Baltimore.

They are just too fast and too physical for the Jets this time around.

right now i will be happy with a win against the raiders. once the jets get in the playoffs anything is possible. i truly believe that with this coaching staff the jets will prepared and have a gameplan to beat whatever team they face. the jets can get hot at the right time get a couple of breaks and anything is possible. mangini, shot, and sutton have what it takes to beat the colts and the pressure in that game is squarely on peyton manning - crazier things have happened.

I will be happy with the season they had if they make it. To get this close and lose Sunday would be terrible.

But if they lose in the 1st round it is still a great season. That being said I will want them to win, will go to the game and root like a madman!

As said about 2 weeks ago... If you told all of us on September 1st that the Jets would go 8-8, 99% of Jets fans would've signed up for it. Making the playoffs is a tremendous success and if we could find a way to win a playoff game(s) well then this will be one of the better seasons I've ever seen.

But how about this from today's paper?

2005: Jets starters missed 71 games

2006: Jets starters missed 2 games (Kendall Weeks 2 & 3)

Think about that. The talent was here. The only thing was keeping it healthy and bringing out the best in some players who havn't been used / havn't played up to their potential because of the former coaching staff (Bryan Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Victor Hobson, Chris Baker & Jerricho Cotchery) and of course the impact of a handful of rookies (Ferguson, Mangold, Washington, B.Smith, E.Smith, etc.).

As said about 2 weeks ago... If you told all of us on September 1st that the Jets would go 8-8, 99% of Jets fans would've signed up for it. Making the playoffs is a tremendous success and if we could find a way to win a playoff game(s) well then this will be one of the better seasons I've ever seen.

But how about this from today's paper?

2005: Jets starters missed 71 games

2006: Jets starters missed 2 games (Kendall Weeks 2 & 3)

Think about that. The talent was here. The only thing was keeping it healthy and bringing out the best in some players who havn't been used / havn't played up to their potential because of the former coaching staff (Bryan Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Victor Hobson, Chris Baker & Jerricho Cotchery) and of course the impact of a handful of rookies (Ferguson, Mangold, Washington, B.Smith, E.Smith, etc.).

could Mangini's "tough" TC have anything to do with that stat? Herm's BBQ's certainly proved to be a failure looking at those numbers

mangini's 1 game at a time has never been more true than now. winning the super bowl seems daunting - SD, Balt, Indy, NE. but none of that matters, all that matters in the raiders. seperating 1 game from the aggregate. the jets only have to beat the raiders that's it. the next week is exactly that, next week. the jets don't have to beat all of those teams - this isn't diggstown. they only have to beat 1 team each week and they can definitely do that.

could Mangini's "tough" TC have anything to do with that stat? Herm's BBQ's certainly proved to be a failure looking at those numbers

Was thinking the same thing, guys fearing for their job security hitting the weight room and busting their asses early on seemed to have paid off in the end. Who would of thought that hard work and attention to detail would pay off like this? Oh wait, GENIE MAN did!

Possibly.

I mean look at the 05 injured starters and games missed:

Pennington - 13 games

Barton - 12 games

Mawae - 10 games

Chrebet - 8 games

Baker - 8 games

Fabini - 7 games

Martin - 4 games (even freakin' Curtis missed a quarter of the damn season!)

Barrett - 3 games

Ellis - 3 games

Robertson - 3 games

mangini's 1 game at a time has never been more true than now. winning the super bowl seems daunting - SD, Balt, Indy, NE. but none of that matters, all that matters in the raiders. seperating 1 game from the aggregate. the jets only have to beat the raiders that's it. the next week is exactly that, next week. the jets don't have to beat all of those teams - this isn't diggstown. they only have to beat 1 team each week and they can definitely do that.

excellent post FB-ain't it weird that even us,the loyal fans have bought into the Mangini philosophy of OGAAT?

The jets fan in me will be a little dissappointed if we don't win the super bowl in yet another season but the realist in will realize that this was a great season with a team that wasn't even supposed to be this good and that mangini is building a great base right now with great young talent and that the jets should be good for years to come.

:confused::confused::confused: Where have you been???

LOL

This is now very far from a "rebuilding year"

Most power ranking have us in the top 10....

I know what you're saying, I can read power rankings, and we've done astonishingly well. but a year that begins as a rebuilding year (in my mind) must end as one.

I look forward to how good we'll be after Mangini gets some drafts and FA under his belt.

or, will it take AT LEAST a win in the playoffs to make the season a success?

My expectations for this team are not that high....I think the team a few years ago that lost to Pittsburgh was a better team

So even though I want to make some "noise" in the playoffs, the season will be considered a success after last year with one and done.

Do I think we can make some noise against Indy, or the Pats.....absolutely

Can we beat San Diego, and stop LT.....we did a few years ago

Can we beat the Pats....absolutely

Would the Ravens be a tough matchup.....sure thing

Could the Broncos be beaten.....yep

SO in other words, nothing would suprise me.....an invitation to the dance would make the year a success...anything more, well that would just be gravy.:)

This season is gravy. I want to see one thing-I want to see a fire in chad's eyes, and I want to see him capitalize on his opportunities. I want to see him trying to punish the opposition for being aggressive. I believe!!!

This season is gravy. I want to see one thing-I want to see a fire in chad's eyes, and I want to see him capitalize on his opportunities. I want to see him trying to punish the opposition for being aggressive. I believe!!!

Chad is known for being a tough competitor... I am curious to see what happens with Shotty and the coaches when we go from expecting to have an OK season to making the playoffs.. with the season on the line will they give Chad even more slack and let him take over a game or will they reel him in?

I think Chad has it in him personality wise, now we just have to see if he has that physical intensity you need to get it done.

I love how you say it though....

I want to see a fire in chad's eyes,

I want to see him trying to punish the opposition for being aggressive.

Lets hope your wish comes true, you know I believe.

truth is riz we ain't thinking that far ahead we're all on the one game at a time program here in JetsLand

I wish C-mart was healthy him and washington would be nice right now becuse chad is having to do alot by himself which isnt bad. Next season jets need to get another RB and DE.

I wish C-mart was healthy him and washington would be nice right now becuse chad is having to do alot by himself which isnt bad. Next season jets need to get another RB and DE.

yea well we have Herman Edwards to thank for ending Cumars career prematurely-lucky for you guys YOU now have him to play twice a year-you'll be happy about that starting next year

yea well we have Herman Edwards to thank for ending Cumars career prematurely-lucky for you guys YOU now have him to play twice a year-you'll be happy about that starting next year

LOL herm was one of my favorite coaches back when he was in NY but now im seeing his mistakes hes going to run LJ in the ground as well. Do you wish you guys would have stayed with the 4-3 defense even though you traded aberham?

Yo riz! Welcome.

What is your opinion of LaMont Jordan? Me & SpermEdwards would love to know.

Thanks bro, I like lamont alot but hes not getting any blocking up front. Lamont is a good #1 back but i think the raiders might trade him back to NY and pick up a pete in the draft.

Thanks bro, I like lamont alot but hes not getting any blocking up front. Lamont is a good #1 back but i think the raiders might trade him back to NY and pick up a pete in the draft.

I'm the spokesman for the "We Think LaMont Jordan Is Over-Rated Fan Club" while Sperm is the spokesman for the exact opposite. I'm a personal fan of Justin Fargas over there... you guys think he could be a starter or would you rather let go of Jordan for a few draft picks and select Peterson or will you stick it out with LaMont?

I'm the spokesman for the "We Think LaMont Jordan Is Over-Rated Fan Club" while Sperm is the spokesman for the exact opposite. I'm a personal fan of Justin Fargas over there... you guys think he could be a starter or would you rather let go of Jordan for a few draft picks and select Peterson or will you stick it out with LaMont?

I like lamont and would stick with him but AP looks like a bo jackson so im kinda mxed on it. Id like to trade moss for shaub, draft a pete or calvin johnson and sign some FA O-line and D-line. I cant forget to say fire shell however hes freaking terrible.

Archived