A Little LJ Tidbit.......

SoFlaJets

Random note: Congrats to Herm Edwards for turning Larry Johnson into the modern-day Earl Campbell. Four hundred carries in one season?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Did you know he's 27 carries away from breaking Jamal Anderson's record of 410? Here's how many carries Jamal had the following season: 19.

Random note: Congrats to Herm Edwards for turning Larry Johnson into the modern-day Earl Campbell. Four hundred carries in one season?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Did you know he's 27 carries away from breaking Jamal Anderson's record of 410? Here's how many carries Jamal had the following season: 19.

Simmons had some good stuff in his column today.

My favourite:

JETS (-12.5) over Raiders

I'm a little emotional ... that's right, it's our last chance to make money off the Art Shell era. Any time Aaron Brooks is calling out teammates for openly not giving a crap, you know you've accomplished something substantial. Thank you, Art Shell, thank you. On an unrelated note, if there's a hell -- and I'm pretty sure there is -- part of the eternal sentence of damnation should involve an ongoing conversation between Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser about Chad Pennington's arm strength. Good golly. The only person who enjoyed that Christmas night broadcast was Tiki Barber's TV agent.

Simmons had some good stuff in his column today.

My favourite:

JETS (-12.5) over Raiders

I'm a little emotional ... that's right, it's our last chance to make money off the Art Shell era. Any time Aaron Brooks is calling out teammates for openly not giving a crap, you know you've accomplished something substantial. Thank you, Art Shell, thank you. On an unrelated note, if there's a hell -- and I'm pretty sure there is -- part of the eternal sentence of damnation should involve an ongoing conversation between Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser about Chad Pennington's arm strength. Good golly. The only person who enjoyed that Christmas night broadcast was Tiki Barber's TV agent.

I got another good one for you from the article:

"Speaking of Madden, I've had multiple readers imploring me to start a "Save Tomlinson from appearing on the Madden 2008 cover" campaign. Intriguing. Part of me wants to save him; part of me can't forgive him for stealing Lawrence Taylor's nickname and boning me over in my fantasy title game last week. Couldn't we just convince EA Sports to stick Larry Johnson on there? We already know he's breaking down next season. He's the logical guy. It even could be a picture of LJ being tackled by nine guys as Herm Edwards looks on nonchalantly in the background."

Herm's big master plan:

Part I

Feed the ball to a RB who never fumbles (LJ has only 2)

This cuts down on the opponents T.O.P. (keeps the score relatively low/close); Cuts down on team penalties (offensive holding); Keeps your defense off the field (where they can't reveal what a complete fraud you are); Cuts down on INT's (the QB can't throw a pick if he can't throw it at all).

Part II

Have your media stooges write story after story about how your team is "well disciplined, well coached, well motivated."

It's a blueprint to look good on paper, but it gets your QB clobbered (obvious passing downs) and wears out your RB.

Archived