Eagles/Saints Game Thread

The Troll

Even better run by Deuce

You know whats funny? Before the season, after the Saints drafted Reggie Bush, somebody started a thread the Jets should trade their #1 pick for Deuce. AND HE WAS LAUGHED AT AND RIDICULED.

These are the same people who think it's a great idea to trade our #1 this year for Michael Turner. The Michael Turner. :lol:

The Saints went 3-13 last season and suddenly have a bundle of talent, coach of the year, and are in the NFC Championship game.

The Jets went 4-12, had a great year, don't really have anybody comparable to a Deuce or a Bush or Drew Brees and then on top of that they wind up getting beat down in the wildcard game..

I hate hearing about all these other teams that went from worse to first stories while the Jets always are "wait till next year."

The Saints went 3-13 last season and suddenly have a bundle of talent, coach of the year, and are in the NFC Championship game.

The Jets went 4-12, had a great year, don't really have anybody comparable to a Deuce or a Bush or Drew Brees and then on top of that they wind up getting beat down in the wildcard game..

I hate hearing about all these other teams that went from worse to first stories while the Jets always are "wait till next year."

I'm hardpressed to believe Payton would have done as well with the same disassemblage of misfits. Our QB was a question mark, our RB's were by committee...C'mon, the Saints had more weapons from the get go. Not to take away from the Saints, but don't take away from Mangini & Co., either. What's bolded up there? You demonstrated my point. Payton won Coach of the Year because of the Katrina sympathy pull. Had he won with our roster, I'd feel differently.

Mangini and coaching staff did a great job no doubt about it, but my point is the Saints were a 3-13 team last year.

They had a RB who had an injury that could have ended his career or disrupted it. They had a QB in Brooks who stunk. They got rid of their better receivers in Stallworth.

SO they drafted Reggie Bush. They drafted other players. They brought in other players. They brought in Drew Brees who had an MVP like season. They drafted some kid named Colston in the 7th round who was in the running for rookie of the year.

As much as I liked what the Jets did this offseason, the fact is they still have a bad defense. They really don't have a running game. The offensive line looked avg at best in many games, especially against New England. THey still have a QB who really can't win you games.

All that adds up to a team that always looks to next year.

The Saints brought in like 30 new players this offseason. They are now in the NFC Championship game.

The Jets brought in many new players, but looked like they were in a different league when it came to the Pats in the playoffs. You lose 37-16 is not a good way to end the season.

Like I said, if people continue to say the Saints have more talent, then in the end, the Jets did not do as good a job in the offseason as the Saints did... Plain and simple.

So Troll being from Louisana how again did you become a Jets fan and why wouldn't you cheer for the Saints as a second team or at least want to see them win?

I have always hated the Saints. I hate them even more now, because I have never seen as many Saints fans in my life as I have seen the past couple weeks. Which is completely pathetic, being as I ****ing live here. Nothing I hate more than bandwagoners.

And I live closer to Houston than New Orleans. I did not really have a "home" team when I was growing up. One team played in Texas, the arm pit of the world, and the other played four hours away and had Wade Wilson as their QB.

When a team is winning it seems there are fans out of the woods and streets. When that same team is losing, nobody really cares..

Add on top of that the whole New Orleans situation and you get what you get.

Yeah it's a nice theory and story, but the fact is, my father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law all still live either in New Orleans or a close vicinity. Many places still look like a war torn country.

Yeah some people are cheering but most people still can't afford to go to the games, most people might root for the Saints, but it's more media hype than anything else. When you don't have a house to live in, it really isn't going to change your world if a sports team wins or loses.

Nice story, but so overhyped by the media on how the Saints have changed New Orleans. The Saints have changed the Saints, plain and simple.

Archived