Patriots | Team looking for defensive help

Smizzy

Patriots | Team looking for defensive help

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:30:08 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots will likely look for a linebacker in free agency, and could go after Baltimore Ravens LB Adalius Thomas or Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs if they decide to spend some money. The team will also likely look at signing a safety and cornerback, especially if CB Asante Samuel departs in free agency and SS Rodney Harrison is unable to return.

Thomas,Briggs & Samuel are Tops on my lists of FA.

Harrison is going to be out next year? How bad is that flu exactly?

He is another that might retire.

Plus, at his age and not exactly built for speed to beging with, the total of all these injuries might eventually make him a minus.

also,there have been reports that Dillon played his last game up there-what'd you hear Garb?

Dillon is signed through 2009 - he could be a cap casualty....he's lost a step , but is a "pounder" in the red zone. If he wants to stay, he will rework the contract. Othewise, I say he's gone.

Asante will be gone or franchised.

Harrison is coming back from the tear in his knee. It has been wildly rumored that he IS indeed coming back next year.

Bruschi is contemplating retirement.

Troy Brown is weighing his options. Retirement or one more year. He has been offered a lifetime position in the Pats FO upon his retirement, and deservedly so.

Daniel Graham is another who may not be re-signed. I've heard they are quite high on Dave Thomas which makes Graham a gonner.

What about Belly's mistresses? Will any get more gifts this offseason?

Does Belly's son plan on buying more pot or is he going to try to grow some over the offseason?

I hear BB's g/f (his divorce became final) is pregnant with triplets and will be living on one of his mansions on Nantucket....there was a lady from Nantucket.....

Pothead is heading to Duke to play lacrosse and hire strippers.

Yeah I really want a 30 year old 3-4 OLB whose played alongside with Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs.... no thanks.

Asante Samuel is who we should go after.

As for the Pats... no ****... really? This isn't shocking news.

I hear BB's g/f (his divorce became final) is pregnant with triplets and will be living on one of his mansions on Nantucket....there was a lady from Nantucket.....

Pothead is heading to Duke to play lacrosse and hire strippers.

LOL!

Archived