The "One day late - so what???" Edition of Post of the Week - February 1, 2007

GreenBeans

Welcome to this week's slightly late edition of Post of the Week. You know what? I hate this SuperBowl match-up with a passion. Peyton "I sell everything in the world, would you like to buy my teeth" Manning winning a championship makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Tony Dungy is a nice man (after all, he bought Herm and Lovie dinner prior to the KC-Indy Wildcard Game), but is he really a SuperBowl quality coach? Not sure, but he's a nice man. The only reason I'd be a little okay with the Colts winning is Marvin Harrison - the man is all class, all of the time. But I'm still stuck on the Pay-ton "Would you like to buy my toothbrush?" Manning winning a championship - I'm not sure I could take it.

And then there is that team from the "Second City" that is good, but certainly not great. I'd be happy to see Lovie Smith win this game, but then he has to go and have "Sexy Rexy" Grossman as his QB - the biggest dickweed on the face of the earth as his QB. The man is a terrible QB - worse than Trent Dilfer even - yet here he is in the big show. Grossman winning this game would make me yak on my shoes. And that Brian Urlacher is a real Loushe, too - he's good, but he's not really that good, is he? But at least Lovie would get his ring, and that would be okay in my book - I think.

So, I'll be watching the big game and rooting for - somehow, some impossible way - a tie, I guess. That way no one really wins. I'd like that - a lot.

Anyway, enough with the babbling - here are this week's nominations:

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

NYJUNC at work in Herms House:

00508796.zoom.a.jpg

(Editor's Note: Lovely. La la la la lovely)

-----

Topic - Exactly WHY the printed this article today I don't know...

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

The ultimate in lazy journalism?

(Editor's note: The article in question came from after the Jets win in Foxboro a few months ago. I'm stumped as to why it was reprinted as well, but I'm glad it was so the chowds up there can see it one more time.)

-----

Topic - Caption time

Originally Posted by Bugg

Ahoy me heartys!ARGH!

ackaldavis.jpg

Originally Posted by GLH222

You ever seen a 95 year old with delts like these???

(Editor's note: Holy cow! What did that old woman do with Al Davis?? Do the poloce know?)

-----

Topic - Caption time

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

ackaldavis.jpg

"OK, I'm gonna tell ya! You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!"

(Editor's note: Haha! Good one, kid. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

thanks cane. awesome find. If me, her & max were in a foxhole & an enemy grenade rolled in, i'd definetly throw max on the grenade to save her.

then it's straight to the chiropractor

Originally Posted by Green DNA

I had no idea you were built like Mr. Universe

(Editor's note: Hey DNA - be careful what you say araound these parts, the skinny running Max might come and getcha in a few months. Stop laughing. Really - stop it.)

-----

Originally Posted by 124

So today in Journalism 101 2nd semester, the teacher who loves me noted if anyone needed to know anything NFL or Jets related to talk to me there was a girl who went "boooooooooo" at that. I asked her nicely what her team was and she said Eagles and I said well you know both teams were 10-6 this season and both were eliminated from the playoffs but she continued to note that they beat the Giants (like that's a hard thing to do) in the 1st round of the playoffs. So, whatever, I shrugged it off but it appears I have a new enemy as she would not let it go and she was actually pretty good looking but that's not the point. The point is, why the hell is an Eagle fan hating the Jets? Make sense to you?

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Next time you see that Skank you smash a PhillyCheeseSteak in her face and tell her to choke on that like McNabb would.

(Editor's note: Oh great - Joey has a chance to score and you're going to bring food and football into this. Golly, how did you ever convince that saint you call your wife to speak to you.)

-----

Originally Posted by 124

Today was the return to college for me (I know, later then most colleges) and I havn't shaved in a while so I have the red beard / gold hair like Nick Mangold and I didn't even think of it until 2 kids throughout the day, different classes, came up to me and said "You know, you look like Nick Mangold, are you related to him?" (I had my Jets winter hat on and I guess they were Jets fans) and I told them yes we were 2nd cousins... suckers.

they thought you looked like Mangolds sister, not mangold himself

(Editor's note: The EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww of the Week. Ms. Mangold is not a pretty picture to have in one's head - ever.)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

The run will take less than 2 hours. And if you didn't join the challenge I was going to ban you after all the fat jokes you have made!!!

Originally Posted by Thor99

I'm unbannable.

(Editor's note: So says JetsFanThor99...)

-----

Topic - Grade Larry Johnson's "Herm"

what a circus this team has become.

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

Not a nice thing to say about the circus.

(Editor's note: Does anyone else cry when "Bring in the Clowns" is played? No? Uhhh, me neither.)

-----

Topic - How do you remember the 90's?

Drinking, debauchery, heavy drug use, orgies, yeah I miss the 90's too. Oh, wait a second, I'm thinking of the Classic Harley tailgate from last year. Sorry! I really miss 2006.

(Editor's note: Pictures?)

-----

Topic - DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP

SPELLING WINS RESPECT

(Editor's note: R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Find out what it means to me - R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Take care, TCB - Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me).....)

-----

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

This is priceless:

"There were probably only 15 (minority) coaches back when I was playing, and you're talking maybe about one minority coach on each team. And some teams even had zero," said Edwards, who played in the NFL from 1977-86. "I think that now, with what has happened around the league, first off, the staffs are bigger, and a lot of the young college coaches are advancing through the proper stages of becoming coordinators. If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach."

Herm, when were you ever a coordinator? I must have missed that.

(The Nomination: "lmao, can Herm get a POTW nom for being Herm?" - raffyD)

(Editor's note: raffy - Herm can, and herm has. He's one of several posters that have nominations this week. Some posters even have zero...)

-----

This is priceless:

"There were probably only 15 (minority) coaches back when I was playing, and you're talking maybe about one minority coach on each team. And some teams even had zero," said Edwards, who played in the NFL from 1977-86. "I think that now, with what has happened around the league, first off, the staffs are bigger, and a lot of the young college coaches are advancing through the proper stages of becoming coordinators. If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach."

Herm, when were you ever a coordinator? I must have missed that.

..and if you are a minority and would like to get into coaching, you always have the possibility of being a minority coach

(Editor's note: Exact. Even if you are a minority coach now, you can still get into coaching to be a minority coach. Amazing, ins't it?)

-----

Topic - Expectant Delgado may skip Mets' opener

Originally Posted by Max

Hopefully he gets the game on TV down there. I would hate for him to not have the chance to disrespect the National Anthem.

(Editor's note: F Carlos Delgado)

-----

Originally Posted by The Troll

Every time Vinny Testaverde throws an interception, a kitten dies.

To date, Vinny Testaverde has murdered over 250 innocent kittens. Please...stop the violence.

(Editor's note: Do you think Vincenzo might finally hang'em up after this year? Nahhhhhh - he hasn't thrown an INT for ever team in the NFL yet.)

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX - WE STILL NEED A NEW SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Jetfan16

(countdown till banning begins, lol) im getting good at being banned from places!!! lmao

Hey, at least you found something you are good at.

"Typing" and "not being a retard" just weren't your thing.

(Editor's note: Wow - this Jetsfan16 sure was a visonary - he's already been banned. Isn't it nice to see people do what they are good at, Troll?)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

We all went on diets. You can dine with us while we eat salads. (Don't go there with the tossed salad thing, lol)

Originally Posted by Lurker

ummm, Max, yes you all went on diets, when you're referring to yourself as several people.

(Editor's note: The skinny, running Max has you on his list now Lurker. Beware - beware - beware (Eery music plays, lights fade to back, faint shadow of Max shown before the darkness is total))

-----

Topic - how to get out of boring stuff with your wife/fiance/gf

i just made an amazing discovery. last night my fiancee said she wanted to get up at the asscrack of dawn to go to the italian market before work to get some things for dinner tonight. of course the last thing i wanted was to be out in the cold (-10 with windchill this morning) carrying bags of produce at 7am when i could get an extra hour of sleep. when we were watching tv last night and i was contemplating a good excuse to bail on the market trip, i was eating raisins and i went a little overboard, consuming perhaps four big handfuls of the little suckers.

fast forward to 4am. i was awoken by a thunderous roar that i at first assumed was the 47 bus zooming up 7th street. however, my nostrils soon informed me that this noise was no bus. thinking it was an aberration, i started dozing back off when without warning, my arsehole parted again to let out a long whine that sounded like a bottle rocket shooting high into the sky. this woke up my fiancee who mumbled something about me being a disgusting pig. 10 minutes later, my poor butthole let forth a demonic gurgling that sounded like boiling mud sending my fiancee into a screeching rage. frighteningly, i checked my underwear but thankfully this hellacious fart was all sound and no brown. the stench however had a not-pleasant bouqet that reminded me of soggy woodchips with undertones of toasted oak, giving it a sharp, almost burned smell. the volume of air that escape from my colon the rest of the night could have easily filled the hidenberg and the stench grew more and more noxious as my poor colon relentlessly churned the half a pound of raisins i had foolishly consumed.

the next morning, my fiancee got into the shower and the cacophony of ass air continued unabated. when she returned to the bedroom, she was overcome by the horrific strench and began yelling about how she was never buying raisins ever again. i cannot overestimate how legendary this gas was, i could barely shove one man overboard and the next was already on the plank ready to jump. my girlish giggling only served to further enrage my fiancee. feeling a slight lull in my ass symphony, i curled into the fetal position to better coax the trapped methane and sulfuric gas out of the escape hatch. like a standing ovation, my ass let forth a thunderous applause that sent the dog barking and a curling iron at my head. "you're just showing off now." i insisted in between laughing uncontrollably that this was scaring me and that i would never do this on purpose when suddenly, i knew that the next expulsion would be more than mere air.

i ran to the toilet and as soon as i got there, i was an upside-down geyser, pressurewashing the inside of the porcelin bowl with a vile rocket of ass grease. i was overcome with abdominable pain and the smell of cream of wheat when my fiancee said "no way am i bringing you to the market with farts like that. you're such an *******." at that moment i realized what a momentous occasion this was-- no other excuse ever got me out of anything so easily as horrific, uncontrollable flatulence. for some unexplainable reason that i will never pretend to understand, women detest farts and powerful is the man who discovers how to harness and control the vast power of the rectal airhorn god has bestowed on him. if a couple handfuls of raisins could succeed where no other excuse couldn't, it was worth ****ting through a screen door for 15 minutes to get out of market trips, shopping, birthday parties for her friends, dinner with her parents, walking the dog, and household chores. after she left i crawled into bed and slept for another full hour, warmed by the green haze that now filled the room and the knowledge that i had finally outsmarted her and it only cost me 2 pairs of boxers.

(Editor's note: Note to johnny green balls: Some things in life are better left unsaid, some things better left unshared - this one was both.)

-----

Originally Posted by Bugg

True. Europe is for projects, not players. Send Anthny Clements and see if he can get his 6'8" body in game condtion for the start of camp.

Clements has as much chance of getting in game condition as the our mods have sticking to their new diet and exercise regimen.

(Editor's note: Someone will have to ask Clements to put down the sandwich and the PS3 for that to happen, I think.)

-----

Originally Posted by afosomf

i am in..... weighed in at 240 this AM

just took a herm sized turd

now at 232!!!!!!!!!

(Editor's note: Just think what would have happened if you took a Krzyzewski - you'd have lost 50 that way. We call it "droppin' a K" over at Carolina.)

-----

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

I never weigh myself while I'm doing it...I wait until a DR's visit for that(the scale lies)...I go by what clothes I can fit into....I'll bet I'm probably about 220lb's right now on a 6ft 1in frame..the 20lb girth is all in my gut..

I also wear a lot of clothes while I do cardio..a thermal shirt under a turtle neck and sweatshirt with sweat pants..I lose a lot of water weight every time I do cardio..

My goals are to get to about 200lb's and be cut up enough for Memorial day weekend..

PS:I do this because I have to..if I stopped working out..I would look like John Candy or Orson Welles in no time..

Originally Posted by afosomf

Or better yet MAX

(Editor's note: What's with everyone hating on Max? He's going to surprise you all, I think....)

-----

This thread was in the middle of the front page after Vinny bumped it an hour before I posted in it. It was already bumped and if you read the damn topic, you can see this topic has been buried and then bumped by Mr. Testaverde several times. But don't let the facts get in the way of a thinly veiled excuse to bash me.

The whole "obsessed" thing was stupid and that's why I posted it. To show you the absurdity of your little gimmick. As in "I am obsessed with ecrub, however, in a span of five minutes, he quotes two of my posts in which I said nothing to him and tries to start an argument with me...but I am obsessed with him."

(Editor's note: Ahhh, so if you're obsessed with him, and he's obsessed with you, then you make the bunks. See but if he was obsessed with you, and you were obsessed with him, then you'd have to make the bunks. If we were in Italy...)

-----

Topic - If any of you guys have kids.. dont be like my parents

Originally Posted by BoomBoomMancini

There seem to be a lot of 40+ year old people on this board(like me parents)..

Once you reach that age, everyone is the same.

Its strange being 18... You are supposed to be an adult, but the older people don't seem to consider us as real adults.

I go to the dentist, and I STILL get scolded by the lady that I need to brush better(and then she tells my mom).

For god sakes I am a man now.. I brush when I want to brush

Originally Posted by Bob

If you were a man, you'd know enough to brush your friggin' teeth. If you can't handle that, maybe you DON'T belong in college.

Just get my order right when I come to the drive-thru, ok?

(Editor's note: Bob hit this one on the head, out of the part, into the cup, and through the hoop with .2 left on the clock. Good golly some kids have no clue.)

-----

Max is just bitter. Sooth should just give him the 50 bucks back and be done with it.

(Editor's note: Can he give it back as 50 silver dollar pancakes?)

-----

well it was kinda rude how you just called out the mods like that mate right on the board!!! if i got life for saying mate, you should get like 6 lifes for that!!!!

Originally Posted by flushingjet

mind your own never-winning-a-super-bowl-even-as-a-

3rd-string-kneeling-backup-fanboy business, mate.

no one called out anyone, but if anyone one did

it was jetsweenie with that drinking business

speaking of drinking, now,back to your motel six happy hour

(Editor's note: WTF is this all about. Are you guys terrorists writing in code or something?)

-----

yepperdoodles mate

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Ae you a homo, or still in the closet?

(Editor's note: Out on the web, in on streets. Just a guess.)

-----

Topic - New Siegfried and Roy video (not for faint-hearted)

Originally Posted by Jetcane

tigger.gif

Originally Posted by JerryK

The irony is they were really more into pooh.

(Editor's note: Ha! A magician of very little brain.)

-----

I couple of weeks ago I sat next to this beautiful(stunning) girl at a hockey game..

I talked to her a bit...

Can't get her out of my head.

She was WAAAAY out of my leauge, and I will never see her again..

Any similar expierences?

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

so that was YOU I was chatting with????

hahhahahah

(Editor's note: Ha - leave it to Brenda....)

-----

Originally Posted by MSGold12

Looks like its only taking KC fans one season to realize what it took jets fans 5 to realize...that they will never win a SB with Hermy Edwards as their HC. This from a KC board courtesy of Lefty Larry at JA. Funny, seems like they have a lot of similar complaits Jets fans did when The Fraud was here. Coincidence?

But I dont understand? Hermy took a team that didnt make the playoffs the year before and made the playoffs with them...why arent Cheifs fans happy? Clearly this team played better under hermy then they did the year before under Vermiel right? The MUST have...thye made the playoffs right????

I guess the good news is maybe now nyjunc can leave here and go to that board for a while and start his little Hermy ball licking routine!!!

Enjoy....

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a tv watching the Super Bowl?

A. The KC Chiefs.

Q. How do you keep a KC Chief out of your yard?

A. Put up goal posts.

Q. Where do you go in KC in case of a tornado?

A. To Arrowhead- they never get a touchdown there.

Q. Why was Herm Edwards upset when the KC Chiefs play book was stolen?

A. Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

Q. What's the difference between the KC Chiefs and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the KC Chiefs and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Q. How do you stop the KC offense?

A. Hire Herman Edwards

(Now we all wait wiht baited breath for the obligatory BS lines from nyjunc like "I blew away your weak arguements already", "I speak the truth", "I correct misinformation", "just because 99% of jets fans, 99% of Chiefs fans and 99% of the knowledgable speaking football fans in the world disagree wiht me doesnt mean I am wrong", "you are all racist")

(Editor's note: Nice complilation, Gold. My favorite - "How do you stop the KC offense?")

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Football isn’t played in a QB-rating, statistics vacuum. If a QB gets only yards through the air it isn’t “better” than the same player getting the same # of yards through the air & with his feet. It’s only better in stats that comprise QB ratings.

Also it gets TOTALLY discounted just how much better Chad’s receivers – WIDE RECEIVERS – have been throughout his career. Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Brian Finnernan, Dez White, Trevor Gaylor, Shaun Jefferson... I’m quite sure Chad’s #’s would have been significantly worse with these clowns not getting open &/or dropping the ball, instead of Coles, Cotchery, Moss, & Chrebet.

But slice it any way you like it…

They put up the same # of TD’s per start (~1.4)

They put up the same # of yards per start (~230)

YPA is a stat that is skewed like passer rating is against dual-threat players like Vick. How many yards has Vick run for on passing downs with a broken play?

A 3rd & 10 that is technically a passing play – let’s say Vick had one of his 20-yard runs when his crappy WR’s couldn’t get open & Crumpler is double-teamed (again). That 20 yards doesn’t get reflected in passing stats. But it was a passing play when the ball was snapped, and the team GREATLY benefited to the tune of 20 yards and a first down. If Chad threw a 3-yard pass that was extended 5 yards, statistically he was better than Vick. In actuality, the Jets would still be facing 4th & 2 & punting. This is what I mean when I said football is not played in a QB-rating, statistics vacuum.

I'd wager that per pass attempt, Vick has put up more yards of offense than Chad has. Even if not (which I doubt), the difference between the two is insignificant in Chad's favor at best.

Chad is CLEARLY a better PASSER; Vick is a better threat to improvise & do damage when no receivers are open & keep a drive alive. In the end, they put up the same # of yards and they put up the same # of points. I don’t see how you can say one has definitively separated himself as the better player.

And for the love of God, Chad did not get us “3 points away from the Championship Game.” Chad got us 17 points away from the Championship Game and Reggie Tongue & Santana Moss got us within 3 points, which doesn’t sound quite so impressive.

Vick I believe has been mostly a lousy QB. He’s a RB with a strong arm playing QB, yet Vick was IN a championship game (and sucked in that game). But he got his team closer to a SB than Chad did.

Both were anointed as the team’s full-time starter in 2002 through the present. In that time, Chad has missed 23 starts (I don’t count any of the first few games of ’02 as “missed” starts; Vinny was simply our starter). But in that same span, Vick has missed 13 starts (10 fewer missed starts in 5 seasons). It’s not insignificant.

BOTH are overrated; just in different ways. The best I can say is NJ’s line: I don't want either of them throwing for the Jets.

(Editor's note: Great football post, Spermie. A rare thing this week and much appreciated!)

-----

Topic - Super Bowl food

Originally Posted by Alk

What's everyone's favorite food to make or consume (or even both) on super bowl sunday? I have already decided on one thing but I usually like to bring two or three so I need some more ideas.

barbaroburgers

(Editor's note: I'm calling the ASPCA and PETA on your a$$, boy.)

-----

If you have no friends(like I do) it can be pretty similar..

Bad food

Stress

Things get stolen

No privacy

Life is extremly scheduled

You rarely leave the compound

Im thinking about running away to Miami(no joke)

My parents won't listen to me, and I hate everyone in this place..

Originally Posted by Mentos

It was like that for me my first three days at Alabama when I didn't know anyone. Then I decided to stop being a pussy. Everything was A-okay after that.

(Editor's note: "Then I decided to stop being a p" - good advice, Mentos. Minty fresh, even.)

-----

Originally Posted by JonEJet

Fishing trip for me and 4 of my closest friends/clients that I have been working on since last April

3 days offshore for some Striped Marlin

In deep waters watch out for pirates:

I hear ALK is back in the pirate business

gay_pirate_.jpg

(Editor's note: That picture just never dies - Alk the pirate returns...)

-----

Topic - Have you ever met a perfect girl?

You dont understand..

I literally had no shot at her...

She lived nowhere near me.

Originally Posted by Mavrik

Rule #76: No Excuses. Play like a Champion.

(Editor's note: Hello?!?! You play to win the game.)

-----

Originally Posted by oktaren

... in fact you could make a case that a human shouldn't be making the life/death decision for the animal anyways...

Originally Posted by joebabyny

Yeah you could make that arguement, maybe, if you are an absurd liberal I guess.

(Editor's note: Maybe - you'd have to be really, really absurd, though.)

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

sorry I had to find a good pic to get that last one out of my head...

lindsay-lohan.jpg

Originally Posted by 124

If you don't want that then you need to be checked into an institution.

Originally Posted by mangenious420

She's probably addicted to other things aswell. Anyone have her phone number?

(Editor's note: I do, as a matter of fact. Dial 867-5309 - any area code - it's always her, but she goes by the name "Jenny".)

-----

Originally Posted by Highflyer

It's on around 5-6am my time I think so I will probably have just returned home from a gig I'm working to watch that, then crash for the day.

great 1st post. are you a prostitute?

(Editor's note: You really know how to make a person feel welcome, joewilly!)

------

And this week's winner:

Topic - how to get out of boring stuff with your wife/fiance/gf (SEE POST ABOVE)

her story- at long last I was outdoors breathing in the crisp fresh air on my way to the Italian market,alone as I had planned.Yes, buying him those raisins was painful to the nostrils but it was the only way I could think of to be in the arms of tyrone nye, the produce guy without johnny suspecting a thing. All I could think of as I crossed 7th street was christ, no wonder is balls are green

Congratulations to joewilly - he finally broke his cherry and won one of these things. Taking the opposite look at this story was pure genius - and I'm sure will win you some favor with the lovely ladies of JN as well. ;) Great work, joewilly - wear the badge with pride this week (and you do get to keep it an extra day)!

potw.jpg

Assist of the Week goes to johnny green balls - without his, uhhh, unnessary description of his raisin eating habits, we would not have had joewilly's award winning post. Thanks, I think, kiddo.

That's all I've got - enjoy SB LXI this weekend and root for a tie - you know you wanna. :)

Y'all be cool -

gb

joe willy broke his cherry? It's off to the chiropractor for him!

Congrats, dude.

haha

one day late but worth the wait. thanks for a fine job again this week greenbeans. I am honored & promise to continue to annoy the crap out of my fellow posters here.

I'm off the shnide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smizzy, disregard my comments in the punching bag thread. I no longer carry any stress whatsoever ;)

haha

one day late but worth the wait. thanks for a fine job again this week greenbeans. I am honored & promise to continue to annoy the crap out of my fellow posters here.

I'm off the shnide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smizzy, disregard my comments in the punching bag thread. I no longer carry any stress whatsoever ;)

Enjoy it, joewilly - you earned it.

great job as usual beans, unfortunately i cannot accept the "assist of the week" award and would like to instead hand it over to the real deserving winner:

raisinpvc2.jpg

Hard to believe you are SJ's son - NOT. My condolences to the bride to be. ;)

Archived