Free Agency Preview - RBs

Smizzy

From Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=27743

Quote:

FA Preview: Running Backs

The best running backs available this off-season aren't unrestricted free agents. Yet. For a runner's contract to end, he usually has to be wearing down, injury-prone, or untested. There are some interesting options like Ahman Green, Dominic Rhodes, and Chris Brown, but they all have question marks.

Our list of restricted free agents, possible cap casualties, and trade candidates is much more interesting. Michael Turner of the Chargers is a fantasy football star waiting to happen

According to nflpa.org, Travis Henry's salary for 2007 is $708K. Yet twice he said that Henry has to restructure to fit under the cap. Makes no sense.

Also, I don't agree Barlow is a lock to get cut...unless he's still on one leg.

Hey sperm, thoughts on Lamont?

Blew out his knee late last season. Pass.

I never heard that, i'll take your word for it. I wish herm had given him the ball 50-50 to Curtis in 04...He was killing Pitt in that game, its a damn shame we were coached by that hermaphridoite.

"4. Jets - Kevan Barlow and Derrick Blaylock are cooked. Cedric Houston is Just A Guy, so that means the Jets will look for someone to pair with Leon Washington. We believe that Washington could grow into a primary role like Brian Westbrook, but the Jets probably don't want to bet the farm on it. "

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assesment of our backfield situation.

Justin Griffith would be a good move. He's a good blocker and can catch passes out of the backfield. Would be a significant upgrade over BJ Askew.

Chris Brown might be worth taking a chance on but he'll demand a big money deal and with that injury history no way.

Lamont Jordan I'd like to see come back here and he would cost us nothing after the Raiders cut him.

If Barlow restructures his deal down from the $3.75 million he's supposed to make, he may be back here and he may be the guy spiltting the carries with Leon. Mangini & Co. may not want to give up a 1st round pick for Turner and may not like what they see in Late 1st / 2nd round RB's such as Antonio Pittman, Michael Bush, Kenny Irons or whomever.

If Barlow restructures, Kevan & Leon very well could be the 1-2 in 07, as long as Barlow is healthy this season, unlike last.

According to nflpa.org, Travis Henry's salary for 2007 is $708K. Yet twice he said that Henry has to restructure to fit under the cap. Makes no sense.

Also, I don't agree Barlow is a lock to get cut...unless he's still on one leg.

Travis Henry would be a great addition-he is an AFC East running back who made his bones running in the Buffalo winter...he'd be my 2nd choice if not Turner,then get us Henry-also-Houston is JAG-well I hope he stays I like him.

my RBBC for '07 Turner or Henry, Leon Washington and Cedric Houston that could be a 2000 yard RB corps

Travis Henry would be a great addition-he is an AFC East running back who made his bones running in the Buffalo winter...he'd be my 2nd choice if not Turner,then get us Henry-also-Houston is JAG-well I hope he stays I like him.

my RBBC for '07 Turner or Henry, Leon Washington and Cedric Houston that could be a 2000 yard RB corps

I would love to see Travis Henry brought in because I believe he's a starting NFL talent. He did it and ran well for a few years up in Buffalo and he could be a consistent 1,200 yard or so back and pairing him up with Leon would be a dynamic duo out of the backfield. Unfortunately, Travis wants to stay in Tennessee so if he has to restructure his deal, he very well may.

I would love to see Travis Henry brought in because I believe he's a starting NFL talent. He did it and ran well for a few years up in Buffalo and he could be a consistent 1,200 yard or so back and pairing him up with Leon would be a dynamic duo out of the backfield. Unfortunately, Travis wants to stay in Tennessee so if he has to restructure his deal, he very well may.

then it's gotta be sending a 1st (might be too high a price to pay) or the early 2nd rounder (hopefully) to San Diego to get him

I would rather have Thomas Jones over Travis Henry

my only reason is Henry is a proven cold weather RB-oh wait THOMAS not Julius-yea he would be another good one-again though for me it keeps going back to this; I actually TRUST this regime to do what THEY feel is the best thing to do-what a change

I trust this regime to a point, their free agents were ok last year Barlow, Kimo etc so there still is room for improvement. The true challenge for them now is to build on what they have especially with the amount of cap space allowed. I also would like to see them doing something with Vilma Rhodes and Cotcherry

Archived