Parcells rejoins ESPN as football studio analyst

ECURB

This is Michael Irvin's replacement. Y'all hated Irvin, and now you're gonna complain about Parcells?

LOL

;-)

is Irvin gone? whats he gonna do to keep the crackpipe topped up?

has espn started construction on the new break room yet? they're gonna need a bigger fridge at the very least

is Irvin gone? whats he gonna do to keep the crackpipe topped up?

has espn started construction on the new break room yet? they're gonna need a bigger fridge at the very least

Mike will be in Canton this summer. I'll ask him when I see him.

;)

My favorite Parcells-analyst spot was after he left the Jets. It was him, Steve Young (who had recently retired as the highest-rated passer in nfl history), & two others - I think Sterling Sharpe & someone else.

Anyway, they were on that little carpet/mini-field in the studio going over Michael Vick's mechanics; specifically his footwork. How when he strides too much it causes the ball to sail & too short of a stride he throws the ball too short. Young was playing the role of Vick in the example & doing most of the talking. Then after his little performance & analysis, he turns to Tuna & says, "What do YOU think, coach?"

Parcells' response: (Grabs the football out of Young's hand) and says, "Will you do me a favor & put that ball in your right hand where it belongs? Christ, if I had to coach a left-handed quarterback, I'd have quit in the 80's."

Pretty funny bit.

My favorite Parcells-analyst spot was after he left the Jets. It was him, Steve Young (who had recently retired as the highest-rated passer in nfl history), & two others - I think Sterling Sharpe & someone else.

Anyway, they were on that little carpet/mini-field in the studio going over Michael Vick's mechanics; specifically his footwork. How when he strides too much it causes the ball to sail & too short of a stride he throws the ball too short. Young was playing the role of Vick in the example & doing most of the talking. Then after his little performance & analysis, he turns to Tuna & says, "What do YOU think, coach?"

Parcells' response: (Grabs the football out of Young's hand) and says, "Will you do me a favor & put that ball in your right hand where it belongs? Christ, if I had to coach a left-handed quarterback, I'd have quit in the 80's."

Pretty funny bit.

I missed that one but there were lots of funny moment between those two the last time Parcells was on the set. I personally can't wait to seeParcells every week.

I missed that one but there were lots of funny moment between those two the last time Parcells was on the set.I personally can't wait to see Parcells every week .

Seriously. The guy has more football smarts in his finger than we on this board have, all combined. Plus, he can be funny and brutally honest. I think he's a good listen.

Irvin mentioned him as a possible replacement in an exit interview he gave to the media, so this comes as no surprise.

Archived