Track star girlfriend pushes Texas' Ross

Track star girlfriend pushes Texas' Ross

By Cathy Harasta

Special to ESPN.com

AUSTIN, Texas -- Former Texas Longhorns cornerback Aaron Ross might have an extra edge among NFL draft hopefuls. He gets to train with a world-class athlete whose Olympic gold medal reminds Ross that hard workouts produce shining moments.

Sanya Richards, the world's top-ranked 400-meter runner, also happens to be Ross' girlfriend of 3

How is this guy not a Mangini type player? After reading this article I don't see how if Ross is there at 25 and with our need for another starting shutdown cornerback that he is passed up.

Probably when the news comes out the Ross' girlfriend is involved in a steroid scandal, like most track athletes.

I would not take him. But that really isn't fair because I don't want any cb in the first. The majority of the time college cb's take a year or two just to become starters and then another just to see if they are any good. We need three starters with our first three picks.

I saw the special they did on this a few weeks ago. They would have a pretty fast kid.

I don't really want him but he'd be a solid pick depending on who else was available. He's got good speed, but he's not really a good cover corner and gives up a lot of big plays. He also makes plays though, but he got a lot of opportunities cause teams threw at him. If the big 3 (Hall, Revis, Houston) were gone I'd consider him. I don't think he's a #1 CB in the NFL but can be a good #2. I want a potential "shutdown" cornerback (as much as one can be in today's NFL) if we take one in the early rounds.

I'd rather have Spencer, Blalock, or Grubbs and take Eric Wright in the 2nd who has the potential to be a great cover corner.

When Ross first glimpsed Richards at the Texas Relays, he had no idea of her achievements. The attraction began with the most basic of instincts.

"I saw her," he said, a grin widening across his face, "and I really liked how she looked."

sanyarichards39.jpg

Aaron Ross was attracted to HER?

Archived