Pacman Suspended for the year!

K2C

Good, now he can pull a "Juwanna Mann" and play for the Rutgers womens team while he has the year off. Just give him a nappy wig and he's set.

552555.jpg

At 5' 10" he would be too short.... there are only 3 players on the Rutgers Team below 5'10" And would he be Ms. Pacman Jones? Would he wear the Ms Pacman bow in his hair?

Aside from the fact that Chris Henry is one of my favorite non-Jets to watch, the real problem that I have with the suspensions is that the league is punishing these guys for actions that occurred before they started their no-nonsense stance. While these guys aren't model citizens they may have behaved better if they knew what the punishment would be. Ray Lewis may have killed someone and he got a slap on the wrist.

While these punishments serve a strong message to the rest of the league, I believe that the players had no warning as not only weren't the new rules posted anywhere but they didn't even exist yet.

That's a BS argument.. they shouldn't get punished for doing something terrible because no one before them have gotten in as much trouble. Gotta start somewhere and I say starting with the dude who crippled someone is a good place.

That's a BS argument.. they shouldn't get punished for doing something terrible because no one before them have gotten in as much trouble. Gotta start somewhere and I say starting with the dude who crippled someone is a good place.

It is not a BS arguement at all. Our constitution prohibits ex post facto laws as it is unfair to punish people for breaking a law that did not exist until after the law had been broken. Not only are laws documented in advence of their enforcement but the punishments are documented as well (aside from the work of some overly creative judges). While the enforcement of laws is still a variable, law enforcement officials generally want the public to be aware of the degree to which they can and will enforce the laws.

Speed limits are a great example of this. Motorists usually break the speed limit and also have a pretty good idea of how much they can go over the speed limit before the police will pull them over to enforce the law.

Now imagine that after years, even decades of driving 10 to 20 miles over the speed limit with little probability of a ticket, you are suddenly pulled over for driving 5 miles over the speed limit. Not only that but instead of a fine, they take your license away and throw you in jail for a time because the new sheriff decides that it is time to get tough. He has to start somewhere and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While my example is a bit over the top, I believe that I made my point. Both players deserve some kind of punishment and the league needs to reign the players in. Changing the rules and enforcing them on a going forward basis would be the most fair and effective way of accomplishing this. Ruining the promising careers of two young players that were playing by the rules that were previously enforced to "make an example" is not only unfair to them and the fans that would otherwise see them play but will ultimately be less effective. Instead of understanding and respecting the strong stance that the commissioner should have taken, the players will see a bully that will act on whim and will not know where the line is drawn.

The law existed, it just wasn't being fully enforced. The law was always on the books it just wasn't taken too seriously. So you saying that they are being punished by a law that was made after the law was created is just not true. Also thing like professional sports leagues don't operate like the American judicial system. They have their own rules and regulations and can do whatever they want. players get suspended not arrested for fighting.

bad move, should of let him play, he is only going to get into more trouble, do you really think he is going to volunteer at the local animal shelter next season?

Well then if the ahule hasn't learned his lesson and gets into more trouble then it's "adios muchacho". This is a business not a friggin nursery school .

Who'd he cripple? Even the ******* accusing him doesn't claim he crippled the guy, only that he knew who did.

Archived