Quincy Carter Update

Lil Bit Special

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-04-12/news/amazing-disgrace/

SHREVEPORT, Louisiana—Signs your grand plans have gone slightly askew:

You toke your way out of a job as quarterback of America's Team, shepherded from Dallas Cowboys training camp by the notorious Bishop Terry Hornbuckle.

You file a "wrongful termination" grievance against the Cowboys which, when you lose, makes nary a ripple of news.

One week into a comeback attempt in Canada, you are unceremoniously cut by the Montreal Alouettes.

On an early December morning you are arrested for possession of marijuana, only to sit in jail for 12 hours before being bailed out by a columnist exploiting you as a radio bit.

In the first game of your next—and last—attempted resurrection, you throw six touchdowns for a rinky-dink outfit called the Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings and collect your paycheck: $200 base, $50 bonus for winning.

"You can't believe it?" Carter says last Saturday night in CenturyTel Center. "Trust me, I can't believe it." Since getting dismissed by the Cowboys in the summer of 2004, Lavonya Quintelle Carter's life has gone to ****. And, arguably worse, Shreveport.

"I kick myself almost every day," Carter says thoughtfully while peeling off his sweaty, black-and-green BattleWings uniform. "I was quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, about as high-profile as you can get. And I'd love to have that back, I won't deny that. But I can't get that back."

"I made some bad decisions, did some stupid things," he says. "I can only point the finger at myself and try to move on. But it's hard being patient. I've got to realize I can't get three years back in one day."

"If I'd never picked up pot I'd still be playing for the Cowboys," says Carter, who in Dallas routinely quoted Bible verses during interviews. "I have to live with that."

"I'm not kidding myself. I know the talent level drops off, and it's not 11 on 11," says Carter, 29. "But this is my last chance. No doubt in my mind I will be back in the NFL."

Yeah... when Herm needs a QB come October....

Sad part of this whole story is the bit about the radio show host:

Called to Shady Grove Road in Irving around 5:30 a.m., police found Carter "throwing things around" and arrested him for possessing less than two ounces of pot, a Class B misdemeanor. He sat in jail until 5 p.m., when Fort Worth Star-Telegram columnist and ESPN 103.3 FM radio host Randy Galloway paid his $500 bail. Upon his release, Carter, apparently without money or transportation, hitched a ride home with a KDFW-Channel 4 van.

"It started as radio-show bull****," Galloway says. "But it turned into a legitimately sad story. The former quarterback of the Cowboys had no money and no friends, at Christmas? That's a pretty fast downward spiral."

Worse, when Carter called Galloway the next day he was snubbed. "He called, but I said no thanks," Galloway says. "You know your life's not going well if I have to bail you out of jail. I just didn't want to talk to him. I wanted him to move on and get his life turned around."

What an @sshole.... use him for a radio bit and when the guy needs a little help you abandon him. What kind of human being are you??? You have no sense of compassion for others??? This guy should be kicked off the air....

what was the overal feel for Carter in 04? i remember watching him play, and i was happy there wasn't much drop off, and he won just enough to get us in the playoffs. What did everyone else think of the guy? just curious

what was the overal feel for Carter in 04? i remember watching him play, and i was happy there wasn't much drop off, and he won just enough to get us in the playoffs. What did everyone else think of the guy? just curious

I hoped he would turn around and be a good #2 possibly even #1 if Chad went down... he blew it and we got stuck with Jay Fiedler who then also went down...

I wish we had a healthy, pot free Carter in 05'.

I thought.. "wow... this is going to be great for us... Herm can really help him turn his life around...and we'll end up with a good QB"

Too bad his demons overcame his religious side... and me wondering how Herm couldnt help him turn it around. He is a good cheerleader and a good motivational speaker. I wonder if Quincy screwing up hurt him...

Sad Sad story.... I wish I had one ounce of his talent (or anyone else who throws away their career). Too bad he couldnt have the motivation to succeed like Wayne Chrebet.

Not that I think he would have been a great QB... no way, just an above average guy.

well, hopefully he does realize that he ****ed up and can move on with his life.

Yeah i don't see him getting back in the NFL, nobody wants teh risk. Not to mention every year there are at least 4 QB's coming out of college that could be potential starters, and every year carter gets a year older.

As ecurb said, it would have been nice if he could have set the pipe down, i'm not sure how much he could have helped in 05, but it had to be better then fumbles mcvinny. that son of a b!tch, i was/am pissed about that monday night game against Atlanta.

Sad Sad story.... I wish I had one ounce of his talent (or anyone else who throws away their career). Too bad he couldnt have the motivation to succeed like Wayne Chrebet.

Not that I think he would have been a great QB... no way, just an above average guy.

If nobody ever screwed up their career, what would we have to talk about? Its amazing how hard some people work to get there, and how hard some will work to get kicked out. I'm still baffled on the whole Maurice Clarrett thing, i loved him as a Buckeye, and thought he was going to be breaking eddie george records. Then he gets pulled over wearing a flack jacket with how many loaded weapons? and drugs. just unreal.

If nobody ever screwed up their career, what would we have to talk about? Its amazing how hard some people work to get there, and how hard some will work to get kicked out. I'm still baffled on the whole Maurice Clarrett thing, i loved him as a Buckeye, and thought he was going to be breaking eddie george records. Then he gets pulled over wearing a flack jacket with how many loaded weapons? and drugs. just unreal.

Positive things, like the Chad Pennington's Gridiron foundation Charity bowling (April 21)

http://www.gridironfoundation.com/ benefitting Marshall Football...

Or Tim Dwight doing Iowa City Booster Club Pancake Day on Saturday benefit the athletics programs at the Iowa City School District's three junior highs and two high schools. The money, including the $28,000 raised at last year's event, has been spent in the past on everything from weight equipment to uniforms, Horras said.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070413/NEWS01/704130309/1079

These things get almost no attention... and should be pushed into the media everytime we have a j@ck@ss like Ms. Pacman getting arrested.

That would be a fun world to live in.

Imagine there's no TO

Its easy if you try

No Pacman below us

Above us only good guys

Imagine all the people

Living for that day...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will begin to shun...

Yeah... I know... I suck at alternate lyrics....

He played very well while he was here. Went 2-1, probably would have gone 3-0 if Paul Wackit doesn't call a stupid Lamont Jordan passing play agains the Ravens. Too bad he couldn't resist the Hawaiian Gold.

He played very well while he was here. Went 2-1, probably would have gone 3-0 if Paul Wackit doesn't call a stupid Lamont Jordan passing play agains the Ravens. Too bad he couldn't resist the Hawaiian Gold.

I forgot that was a carter game. i realize there is an element of surprise to that call, but when we were running straight at one of the best defenses in the NFL and getting 5 yards a run, why stop? where were we? on the 30? 35? and he does that fricken pass. thanks for brinin it up. jerk ](*,)

who can???

yoda%20on%20weed%20(1).jpg

I wasn't that impressed with him when he was here. He didn't do anything to complain about, but I never felt he was comfortable running the O. I checked his numbers and they were okay. 2 tds and 1 int, but the team only scored 40 points in 3 games and his yardage was only 424 total. He didn't do much wrong, but that was a good team and if Chad put up those kind of numbers he'd be crucified. Santana Moss had some real long catches for the guy to not get near 200 yards for a game. They played the Ravens tough, but the teams he beat, Arizona and the Browns weren't exactly powerhouses.

I'm not sure, but if I'm reading it right, but it looks like he was sacked 12 times and ran 10, which may contribute to my feeling he didn't run the O too well. When the qb is getting sacked and running a lot it usually means he's holding the ball too long. It's obviously forgivable since he was a mid-season replacement and it'll take a while to find his comfort level. The coaching staff didn't do him many favors either.

He was okay, but he didn't do anything special enough to warrant keeping a (pot)head case.

i thought quincy carter would've been a very nice back-up, and was kinda hoping that he fought off his demons in 05' to try and bail us out of the misery of watching brooks bollinger being a human tackling doll.

hey jets nation lets play remember when; the highlight play of Q carter's jet career:

Jets vs. Arizona.....QC drops back and launches a ball 50+ yards in the air to Santana Moss, in perfect stride for a touchdown. Perhaps the prettiest ball he'd thrown in his entire career.

Archived