From TheJetsBlog.......Tim Dwight Nearing End of Career

SoFlaJets

Tim Dwight Nearing End of Career

Former Iowa Hawkeye wide receiver Tim Dwight says 2007 may be his last season in the NFL. Dwight told KWWL at Iowa's spring scrimmage on Saturday that he is leaning toward retirement at the conclusion of this season. Dwight will be entering his 10th NFL season, his 2nd with the New York Jets. Dwight says he wants to be able to walk away from the game in good health. After football, he plans on taking some time off to travel. Following that, he says some of the possibilities include coaching high school football or track.

He may not even make the 2007 team, so we'll see what happens with that. Good for Tim though if he wants to get out early. I hope he does make the team so he can groom Brad Smith another season to be the eventual slot receiver / #3 man.

he was mean about autographs last year and then got hurt

good riddence

I'm pretty sure most players would be mean when a 15 year old boy walks up to them and asks them to autograph their kaysar baby tee.

He may not even make the 2007 team, so we'll see what happens with that. Good for Tim though if he wants to get out early. I hope he does make the team so he can groom Brad Smith another season to be the eventual slot receiver / #3 man.

I say we bring on that Brad Smith movement as our #3 guy this year and make jmac pack those bags. I mean, Timmy Dwight could groom him because he's one of the better slot guys in recent years who can teach him the way and considering Dwight will prob go down at one point or another, Smith could jump in and make his presence felt.

JetNation site rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mods of JN thought that the rules needed to be re-visited.

JetNation Site Rules

The rules here are simple:

1. Post your sports topics in the appropriate sports forum.

2. If your thread is off-topic then it goes in the Lounge. No exceptions.

The NFL Talk\Jets forum is for football talk only.

3. No pictures containing nudity may be posted. Any nude pictures that you feel like sharing should be emailed to: smizzy@jetnation.com.

If your nude picture contains leather please cc:thegunofbavaria@jetnation.com

4. Political Discussions are forbidden. Same goes for talk about religion. Why? Because these conversations don

JetNation site rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mods of JN thought that the rules needed to be re-visited.

JetNation Site Rules

The rules here are simple:

1. Post your sports topics in the appropriate sports forum.

2. If your thread is off-topic then it goes in the Lounge. No exceptions.

The NFL Talk\Jets forum is for football talk only.

3. No pictures containing nudity may be posted. Any nude pictures that you feel like sharing should be emailed to: smizzy@jetnation.com.

If your nude picture contains leather please cc:thegunofbavaria@jetnation.com

4. Political Discussions are forbidden. Same goes for talk about religion. Why? Because these conversations don

Actually liked Dwight, didn't seem J-mac type horrible, but we can certainly do much better.

Dwight stunk too. no YAC. We need a real upgrade at 3rd WR. Not a superman, but someone who can go downfield and get 15 yards a couple of times a game.

He wasnt looking too bad up until the time he got nicked up. I dont know how effective he will be now.

once older players start getting hurt like that and missing significant time...well history shows you prolly won't be able to rely on them going forward

Dwight stunk too. no YAC. We need a real upgrade at 3rd WR. Not a superman, but someone who can go downfield and get 15 yards a couple of times a game.

Over the last 2 years (the years he "sucked") JMac averaged 33 catches and 16 YPC. That is a little over 2 catches at game at 16 per. Getting that to replace JMac isn't really an upgrade.

Over the last 2 years (the years he "sucked") JMac averaged 33 catches and 16 YPC. That is a little over 2 catches at game at 16 per. Getting that to replace JMac isn't really an upgrade.

yeah but jmac has awful hands and couldn't catch herpes in an orgy. well, i guess that last point isn't a terrible thing but still

Archived