QB's

Ryan Fitzpatrick Harvard 4.77 4.88

Charlie Frye Akron 4.81 4.78

David Greene Georgia 4.78 4.78

Timmy Chang Hawaii 5.12 5.10

Jared Allen Florida Atlantic 4.94 4.90

Derek Anderson Oregon State 5.04 5.03

Brock Berlin Miami (Fla.) 5.05 5.01

Faba, the talk on Larry Brackins tonight isn't pretty--considering some where getting totally carried away few days ago--2nd or 3rd round.

The crowd at JI was getting really carried away last week, with really no basis--Kiper wrote this week he was 4th to 5th rounder with good workouts...

Now, who knows??

Maxman thanks for the invite, but I've never had a signature...It would be a nice idea for Bitonti, who will, like me, take his act over here, I'm sure.

I mean, with you, TS, faba, JeJet, Jetlag, Section124, others and some excellent Pats and Steelers fans, why go anywhere else?

Honestly, I put this Combine info up at JI and after 90 minutes it go no replies... :o

I pulled the info after 20 minutes, after it even got few looks..Let them pay for the info, if they want it or got to our draft site :P

Not sure what's up there, but if this was Feb of 2004 it would've gotten 10-20 replies already...

Now, only the teens like Arsenal, ERIC Barton and a few other know squat...they are good posters, despite the frequency and jabs they take due to their age.

RS, Jackson definitely needed a good day...but as you can tell from the list, most did well...

Some small school player Howard Gilmore tanked (Norfolk State)...I don't why, but I felt bad for him today....You totally beat the odds and play at a small school then flop... :-s

FABA, I love Lyman's game, too bad he went down....Amazing stuff--regains his speed 4 months after major ACL surgery :shock:

Tell you what, he's trying to return to school (get an extra red-shirt), but what for?

With his history of injuries, he'll never make a dime if he injures himself again...

Plus, if he went back, he'd be overworked...

Just go to the NFL and play sparingly until the knee is 100% and get paid 300K or more....

He's definitely a real good one, at 6'4" with amazing hands..

Drew Bennett with better speed?

Some small school player Howard Gilmore tanked (Norfolk State)...I don't why, but I felt bad for him today....You totally beat the odds and play at a small school then flop... :-s

R44...does a small school kid get a chance to make up for that (individual workouts)? Or will be shunned as a result?

I'm not sure, but what usually happens is that he'll travel to a bigger school's (UVA? VT?) Pro Day and work out there for scouts.

In other words, don't stumble for 40 yards and you should be okay. Otherwise you are screwed!

First off, when looking at these 40 times everyone has to be cognizant of the fact that these times were registered on a FAST TRACK at Indy ... on the carpet and indoors ... so all of these numbers are slightly inflated

You have to add another percentage point {at least} on a normal track ... If I player runs a 4.3 at the combines, he's likely a 4.4 Guy on a "normal" {not slow} track

For example, that explains some of these fast times from players like Vincent Jackson ... Jackson is not slow for such a big man, but he is not a 4.47/4.50 Guy ... same goes for a number of these cats

The burners have a better chance to maintain closer proximity to the times they registered at Indy on a normal track, while the non-buners would be more effected

Example, Jerome Mathis, Mark Bradley, Courtney Roby, etc ... Guys like that are bona fide road-runners, so their times would not suffer too much if you toss them on a normal track ... especially track stars like Mathis who set a regional record in the 200 meter dash

But the non-burners would see their times take a bigger hit if you put them on a normal track outdoors

BTW, Mark Bradley is the least talked about WR in this draft ... THE OTHER GUY {at Oklahoma} ... so in many ways Bradley is a BIG SCHOOL SLEEPER, but don't sleep on this kid cause he can be a massive steal

Bradley is like 6' 2"/200, blazing fast, and accellerates on a dime {i.e. is running at full speed in just a few strides}

PS. Roby and Bradley are very similar, only Roby is more accomplished/polished but Bradley is bigger

At this point Roby must rate higher cause he's the far more polished {ready} of the two, but Bradley is exactly the type of player who can turn into a middle round steal

He'll be tougher for the scouts to judge cause he took a backseat to Clayton at Oklahoma, but he can easily emerge as a more productive pro player than college player cause he possess an awesome size/speed ratio, has very good hands, and is a bona fide HR Hitter

Also a nice KO Return Man where he can contribute immediately while being groomed to play WR

Ham I was going to ask that exact question but you answered it already.

How much of a difference is there in a fast track vs slow track. I always wondered. 4.3 vs 4.4 makes sense. But when you think about it, there really isn't much difference in between the two.

I have always thought people rely too heavily on the stopwatch.

First off, when looking at these 40 times everyone has to be cognizant of the fact that these times were registered on a FAST TRACK at Indy ... on the carpet and indoors ... so all of these numbers are slightly inflated

You have to add another percentage point {at least} on a normal track ... If I player runs a 4.3 at the combines, he's likely a 4.4 Guy on a "normal" {not slow} track

For example, that explains some of these fast times from players like Vincent Jackson ... Jackson is not slow for such a big man, but he is not a 4.47/4.50 Guy ... same goes for a number of these cats

The burners have a better chance to maintain closer proximity to the times they registered at Indy on a normal track, while the non-buners would be more effected

Example, Jerome Mathis, Mark Bradley, Courtney Roby, etc ... Guys like that are bona fide road-runners, so their times would not suffer too much if you toss them on a normal track ... especially track stars like Mathis who set a regional record in the 200 meter dash

But the non-burners would see their times take a bigger hit if you put them on a normal track outdoors

BTW, Mark Bradley is the least talked about WR in this draft ... THE OTHER GUY {at Oklahoma} ... so in many ways Bradley is a BIG SCHOOL SLEEPER, but don't sleep on this kid cause he can be a massive steal

Bradley is like 6' 2"/200, blazing fast, and accellerates on a dime {i.e. is running at full speed in just a few strides}

PS. Roby and Bradley are very similar, only Roby is more accomplished/polished but Bradley is bigger

At this point Roby must rate higher cause he's the far more polished {ready} of the two, but Bradley is exactly the type of player who can turn into a middle round steal

He'll be tougher for the scouts to judge cause he took a backseat to Clayton at Oklahoma, but he can easily emerge as a more productive pro player than college player cause he possess an awesome size/speed ratio, has very good hands, and is a bona fide HR Hitter

Also a nice KO Return Man where he can contribute immediately while being groomed to play WR

Good point that with Clayton as probable 1st rounder that a player like Bradley gets overlooked- I honestly can say that is the case with me. I do not know much about him GJ & Ham-

How do you rate Bradley compared to Roby

Ham I was going to ask that exact question but you answered it already.

How much of a difference is there in a fast track vs slow track. I always wondered. 4.3 vs 4.4 makes sense. But when you think about it, there really isn't much difference in between the two.

I have always thought people rely too heavily on the stopwatch.

Max, it's not really the same for everyone ... the non-burners benifit more from a fast track than the bona fide road-runners

In other words, you take Jerome Mathis and Vincent Jackson, put them both on a normal track outdoors, and Jackson's 40 time will take a bigger hit than Jerome's

Mathis is a world-class sprinter .. legit road-runner .. put him on any track and he's gonna burn :wink:

Good point that with Clayton as probable 1st rounder that a player like Bradley gets overlooked- I honestly can say that is the case with me. I do not know much about him GJ & Ham-

How do you rate Bradley compared to Roby

These are two very similar players in terms of strengths, but Roby is the more accomplished and more polished of the two ... will probably require less grooming ... thus remains the safer pick

Bradley is your classic "HIGH UPSIDE GUY" ... if you hit with Bradley, you likely HIT BIG

Max, it's not really the same for everyone ... the non-burners benifit more from a fast track than the bona fide road-runners

In other words, you take Jerome Mathis and Vincent Jackson, put them both on a normal track outdoors, and Jackson's 40 time will take a bigger hit than Jerome's

Mathis is a world-class sprinter .. legit road-runner .. put him on any track and he's gonna burn :wink:

I don't think my 40 time would be impacted greatly on either one either!

Riggins great info. You forgot to put down TCU WR Reggie Harrell running a 4.44 - 4.51 . This is very good news.

Harrell is 6'3" 215 with very good hands from what I've read. The only knock on him was his speed. I saw some sites that had him supposedly running 4.75. A WR with his size who run those types of 40's and has very good hands would be a great pick up in the 3rd - 4th.

Archived