lj shelton released---ot from cards

vinco

per kffl LJ Shelton released. I hope we go get him and move fabini to thr right side. I do not want chad being protected by a player who has never started---a.jones. chad has been hurt to much to risk this. lets hope we get him if kendall says he is worth it.

I have been begging Bradway to go after this guy since March.

I like the fact that he's huge, and is experienced. I think he would come cheap too, but then again, teams like Buffalo will flock to him.

Step up terry. We know you want him. Reel him in and make a good off-season excellent.

Cards Release Pair of Players

The Arizona Cardinals announced Wednesday that the team has released offensive tackle L.J. Shelton and tight end Lorenzo Diamond.

Shelton was originally drafted by the Cardinals in the first round (21st overall) of the 1999 draft out of Eastern Michigan. He appeared in 12 games at right tackle in 2004 (nine starts) before being placed in injured reserve with a knee injury on December 14. Over the past six seasons, Shelton started 77 of the 82 games in which he appeared.

Diamond, who originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent from Auburn in 2003, appeared in five games (four starts) in 2004 with three receptions for 19 yards. He spent the first 14 weeks of the 2003 season on the Cardinals practice squad before being signed to the active roster for the final two games.

The Jet front office and Herm have been touting Jones all off season. It is his job to lose- he looked in great shape at ESPN Zone in April

Shelton was a underachiever in Arizona-I would be interested to know Kendall comments and opinions on him.

Wow, we may owe Denny Green multiple thank you cards if we grab Shelton too. Kendall was a godsend and an experienced OT to push Fabini/Jones would be incredible.

If Shelton is as good as I've been reading, I wouldn't be shocked if he beat out Fabini and not Jones.

Wow, we may owe Denny Green multiple thank you cards if we grab Shelton too. Kendall was a godsend and an experienced OT to push Fabini/Jones would be incredible.

If Shelton is as good as I've been reading, I wouldn't be shocked if he beat out Fabini and not Jones.

OK, before you inundate me with emails about L.J. Shelton getting released by Arizona, forget about it. The Cardinals had been trying to trade him prior to the draft, and including to the Cowboys. The Cowboys weren't interested. Evidently, he's not a great worker, and being out of shape got him in Denny Green's doghouse, which is pretty hard to do. So you could imagine what Parcells' patience would be with a guy like that. The Cards were so fed up with him, they are eating $3.3 million of cap space, and didn't even wait another two weeks to spread the hit over two years.

And at the Cowboys' other sore spot, free safety, apparently Lance Schulters will be turned loose by Tennessee after June 1. The Titans even told Schulters to just watch mini-camp, not even wanting to chance the seven-year veteran injuring himself. He has refused to lessen this year's base salary of $2.75 million to make enough of a difference to the cap-strapped Titans even after collecting a $250,000 roster bonus. Again, the Cowboys will take a hard look at the candidates during this next mini-camp before making any sort of decision. Just remember Schulters' Lis Franc foot injury last year limited him to just three games.

I got this off a Cowboy message board about Shelton but if Arizona was willing to eat 3 plus million to release him - proceed with some caution to throw money at him - he has had the rep as underachiever

OK, before you inundate me with emails about L.J. Shelton getting released by Arizona, forget about it. The Cardinals had been trying to trade him prior to the draft, and including to the Cowboys. The Cowboys weren't interested. Evidently, he's not a great worker, and being out of shape got him in Denny Green's doghouse, which is pretty hard to do. So you could imagine what Parcells' patience would be with a guy like that. The Cards were so fed up with him, they are eating $3.3 million of cap space, and didn't even wait another two weeks to spread the hit over two years.

And at the Cowboys' other sore spot, free safety, apparently Lance Schulters will be turned loose by Tennessee after June 1. The Titans even told Schulters to just watch mini-camp, not even wanting to chance the seven-year veteran injuring himself. He has refused to lessen this year's base salary of $2.75 million to make enough of a difference to the cap-strapped Titans even after collecting a $250,000 roster bonus. Again, the Cowboys will take a hard look at the candidates during this next mini-camp before making any sort of decision. Just remember Schulters' Lis Franc foot injury last year limited him to just three games.

I got this off a Cowboy message board about Shelton but if Arizona was willing to eat 3 plus million to release him - proceed with some caution to throw money at him - he has had the rep as underachiever

Fine, but Cards are no where near a playoff run and his prolems dont work there. But we can tolerate a few problems to get us over the hump. Plus, isnt Herm the great motivator??? :lol:

Fine, but Cards are no where near a playoff run and his prolems dont work there. But we can tolerate a few problems to get us over the hump. Plus, isnt Herm the great motivator??? :lol:

Ya, this would solidify the line. cant have enough talent on OLINE.

Chad needs protection since we will be throwing a bit more,,,make this happen.

if the money has to come from cutting Chrebet contract so be it.

What about cutting Ray Mickens? With Donnie Abraham returning, do we really need him?

Ya, this would solidify the line. cant have enough talent on OLINE.

Chad needs protection since we will be throwing a bit more,,,make this happen.

if the money has to come from cutting Chrebet contract so be it.

What about cutting Ray Mickens? With Donnie Abraham returning, do we really need him?

Archived