JN Fantasy Football Leagues are on the WAY!!

Smizzy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
probably. although the image of someone telling his friends he can't go to the bar and watch football because he has to stay home and babysit his fantasy team just in case ruben droughns has a breakout week and needs to be hawked from the waiver wire is humorous in and of itself.

Im in one league where FAs are fair game during sundays and it sucks, but I knew the rules going into it. Its an expert league at FFlivewire.com so nobody slips through the cracks. Even though its frustrating because I cant always be at my computer during game time, I wouldnt ruin it for everyone else by dropping my roster. Thats just crazy

Im in one league where FAs are free game during sundays and it sucks, but I knew the rules going into it. Its an expert league at FFlivewire.com so nobody slips through the cracks. Even though its frustrating because I cant always be at my computer during game time, I wouldnt ruin it for everyone else by dropping my roster. Thats just crazy

well last year smizzy and i talked about this, he said commissioners that allowed that kind of hawking were "****ty" so i assumed a league run by him would be different. didn't realize how much self-hate he's filled with. :)

probably. although the image of someone telling his friends he can't go to the bar and watch football because he has to stay home and babysit his fantasy team just in case ruben droughns has a breakout week and needs to be hawked from the waiver wire is humorous in and of itself.

Not as humorous as an ADULT throwing a temper tantrum over his FREE fantasy football team and quitting in the manner in which you did.

I agree that its the fair way to run a league

it's more fun to because you actually have to be cautious with your pickups because they effect your waiver position. you can't just go hog wild and pick up a guy's replacement as he's being carted off the field. i realize that in yahoo, only plus leagues allow this to be automated. that's why at the very least, transactions should be limited in number at the outset to prevent reckless pick-up-now-ask-questions-later of players.

This is comical....Waivers in the Free JN leagues are always open. If your team is is bad enough that you need to pick up a player who was on the WW before he has a good quarter that Sunday,you should be able to have him.

Look...

It's your fault for not reading the rules in the first place.

It's your fault you got mad someone beat you to Derrick Ward.

It's your fault you dropped all your players in an attempt to ruin the league for the other 11 Jetnation members because you didn't get D.Ward.

I personally run 10-15 JetNation Leagues EVERY SEASON. It is impossible to shut down waivers for every league on Sunday. The settings are this way to allow people the freedom to pick up and drop when they need to.

This is comical....Waivers in the Free JN leagues are always open. If your team is is bad enough that you need to pick up a player who was on the WW before he has a good quarter that Sunday,you should be able to have him.

Look...

It's your fault for not reading the rules in the first place.

It's your fault you got mad someone beat you to Derrick Ward.

It's your fault you dropped all your players in an attempt to ruin the league for the other 11 Jetnation members because you didn't get D.Ward.

I personally run 10-15 JetNation Leagues EVERY SEASON. It is impossible to shut down waivers for every league on Sunday. The settings are this way to allow people the freedom to pick up and drop when they need to.

didn't care about d. ward. just saw that was the m.o. of the league. no thanks, i like to enjoy fball on sundays without being umbilicaled to my laptop. as far as dropping players? you keep harping on the settings and the rules so much: point to the rule preventing me. don't even say good sportsmanship. good sportsmanship should prevent mad dashes for players 2 seconds after they touch the ball. how is that fun? i got news for ya, the league was ruined before the draft. may i suggest limiting participants to 10 free agent pick ups per year? there has to be SOME cost for picking guys up. some leagues have waiver order, some charge you $3 per pickup, others limit how many you can do over the season. anyway, enough fighting. i'm right, you're right. who cares. as as far as you not "letting" me play in your donkey leagues? ouch. you mean i'm forced to focus on my real leagues instead? i guess i should be thanking you!

I think most people are able to enjoy these leagues and not stress over them so much. Johnny apparently has a win at all cost mentality that causes him to delete his entire roster.

I think it can be traced back to tee-ball. If they had only kept score for him then, he would be fine now.

Oh well. What's done is done.

I think most people are able to enjoy these leagues and not stress over them so much. Johnny apparently has a win at all cost mentality that causes him to delete his entire roster.

I think it can be traced back to tee-ball. If they had only kept score for him then, he would be fine now.

Oh well. What's done is done.

oh they kept score. i was the only catcher in the league guarding the plate in t-ball under the tutlege of coach SJ.

it's more fun to because you actually have to be cautious with your pickups because they effect your waiver position. you can't just go hog wild and pick up a guy's replacement as he's being carted off the field. i realize that in yahoo, only plus leagues allow this to be automated. that's why at the very least, transactions should be limited in number at the outset to prevent reckless pick-up-now-ask-questions-later of players.

I prefer blind bidding as the best way to control ww pick ups

damn , chill everyone,,

i started fantasy football down here at my workplace in 1983,,

one thing i learned was fantasy football sucks,,

it ruins your total relaxing enjoyment of games on sunday,,ties you to papers/radio/tv (in old days) and computers now,,

i got out 10 years ago and have never looked back,,the office pickem pool is all i need for a little fun,,that and just purely enjoy the games and not care who scores,,

damn , chill everyone,,

i started fantasy football down here at my workplace in 1983,,

one thing i learned was fantasy football sucks,,

it ruins your total relaxing enjoyment of games on sunday,,ties you to papers/radio/tv (in old days) and computers now,,

i got out 10 years ago and have never looked back,,the office pickem pool is all i need for a little fun,,that and just purely enjoy the games and not care who scores,,

it's not that bad so long as you can't make transactions while games are being played. that utterly destroys any chance of enjoying the games on a team level. offline leagues are great as the moves are made on tuesdays in person after work at a bar. those are my favorite leagues. computer leagues are easier, but not necessarily better.

I prefer blind bidding as the best way to control ww pick ups

that works too. the point is, picking up people has to come with a tradeoff of some sort.

it's not that bad so long as you can't make transactions while games are being played. that utterly destroys and chance of enjoying the games on a team level. offline leagues are great as the moves are made on tuesdays in person after work at a bar. those are my favorite leagues. computer leagues are easier, but not necessarily better.

that works too. the point is, picking up people has to come with a tradeoff of some sort.

oh, waivers/pickups while game is going on?????

I didnt know that,,

That is absurd,,

how do you enjoy a game on TV or better yet at the stadium,,you are at a disadvantage if you have season toickets,,

hahaha,,

you shouldnt have joined with that rule,,

I have trouble beleiving any league would allow that , unless put in by some over zealous commish looking for a upper hand,,ruins relaxing and enjoying game,,u need puter attached to your couch to keep up wiith crazies with no life..

I didnt know that,,

That is absurd,,

how do you enjoy a game on TV or better yet at the stadium,,you are at a disadvantage if you have season toickets,,

hahaha,,

I have trouble beleiving any league would allow that , unless put in by some over zealous commish looking for a upper hand,,ruins relaxing and enjoying game,,u need puter attached to your couch to keep up wiith crazies with no life..

bingo. it's ironic that in those leagues, the people who like football the most are the most disadvantaged. last year i was bitching about a league that allowed it, smizzy said any commissioner that allowed that was "****ty." thus i thought his league would be different. i don't hold a grudge, but you're right-- i shouldn't have joined.

I didnt know that,,

That is absurd,,

hahaha,,

I agree. What I would recommend to anyone in that situation is to just demand your money back. If no money was involved you should cry and delete your team and screw over the rest of the guys in the league that had no problem with it.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I agree. What I would recommend to anyone in that situation is to just demand your money back. If no money was involved you should cry and delete your team and screw over the rest of the guys in the league that had no problem with it.

Sounds like a plan to me.

don't worry, smizzy the great commissioner averted the crisis. quite frankly, i doubt he had the skills but was pleasantly surprised when he salvaged the league, keeping it alive to ruin the football enjoyment of 11 other poor JN posters this season. sometimes prisoners don't wish to be liberated. the only tears i shed are for those poor souls who do not realize they are in bondage.

don't worry, smizzy the great commissioner averted the crisis. quite frankly, i doubt he had the skills but was pleasantly surprised when he salvaged the league, keeping it alive to ruin the football enjoyment of 11 other poor JN posters this season. sometimes prisoners don't wish to be liberated. the only tears i shed are for those poor souls who do not realize they are in bondage.

Oh so this is over now? I thought you were gonna keep crying about it for another week or so. I was counting on the extra posts. Damn.

:indifferent0023:

Wake me when the incest is over.

limiting transactions to a preset number isn't a bad idea. don't dismiss it out of hand. requires no work on your part and does at least make people think twice before going waiver crazy at 2:30pm on Sunday.

Oh so this is over now? I thought you were gonna keep crying about it for another week or so. I was counting on the extra posts. Damn.

i just got back, let me ease back into stirring up controversy.

so let me get this straight... you knew about this rule, but you signed up anyway. then when people made moves during the game you got pissed off.

so, your retaliaton was to dump your roster?

I don't care how stupid the rules are, you don't go and dump your roster in protest. are you a child? do you cry and pound your fists in court when things don't go your way?

sorry jgb, this whole thread should be deleted because it makes you look real bad.

so let me get this straight... you knew about this rule, but you signed up anyway. then when people made moves during the game you got pissed off.

so, your retaliaton was to dump your roster?

I don't care how stupid the rules are, you don't go and dump your roster in protest. are you a child? do you cry and pound your fists in court when things don't go your way?

sorry jgb, this whole thread should be deleted because it makes you look real bad.

please. there are plenty of threads that make me look a lot worse than this one. way to stick your unwelcomed nose in though. turd!

It's funny to me because I am the guy that picked up Derrick Ward and got your vag all sandy in the first place, yet I a.)don't own a laptop, and b.)owned Brandon Jacobs. How crude of someone to pick up a player while they are at their house watching Sunday Night Football. When I was at the sports bar for six hours earlier in the day, I know I couldn't even concentrate on the Jets game because I was so afraid 124 was going to pick up Drew Carter. The rules and settings are one click away. If this was such a deal-breaker, you should have read them beforehand.

Wow, i am quite a dick, between work, getting things for my tailgate parties, and the big money league i am in, i haven't even bothered to look at my fantasy team. Heck i didn't even draft my team as i was stuck in traffic labor day. It is nice to see i did win one game, so whoever lost to me, lol, just lol. I will tend to it this week for sure.

Archived