Report: Samuel to hold out until Week 10

Ryno the Jet

Because they got into a business that makes more money. I don\'t blame the players at all, the business of football makes alot of money, and these players are the reason for it. Without them, it wouldn\'t make nearly as much money, so they should get their fair percentage.

Fair? How is Millions fair? Ask teachers about fair.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, then your ideas of acceptable are outrageous. NO ONE playing a GAME deserves that kind of money. Are the fans to blame? Of course. Does that make it "OK" for them to get the kind of they're getting, hell no.

If a man invents something simple... like say... the Slinky... and makes Billions of dollars... because Millions of people like the product, is that wrong?

These players are in a business, they are in a damn good business and worked their whole life to get there... not just college and some jobs... these guys have been in job training since pop warner..

My girlfriend is a teacher... she deserves more... of course...

That doesn't mean the NFL players deserve less...

If a teacher can find a way to reach 100 million people, Im sure they would get paid pretty damn well.

Like I said... I hope our FO continues to sign deserving players before the issue arrives...

This will happen to the Jets. The Pats sign their rookies to low end deals (just like the Jets have/will do), assess where they are when those deals expire, and then offer them what they feel is market value.

The Pats felt that there wasn't enough body of work on Samuel to offer him mega bucks but they did see that he had a great year and franchised him.

Samuel made $750K last year. The Pats offered him a deal of $7.7 million. I'd take a 1000% pay raise.

If a man invents something simple... like say... the Slinky... and makes Billions of dollars... because Millions of people like the product, is that wrong?

These players are in a business, they are in a damn good business and worked their whole life to get there... not just college and some jobs... these guys have been in job training since pop warner..

The only thing you can compare a slinky to in football is Penny's arm.:P

Outside of that, you cannot compare any business to football. The slinky maker earned his money over YEARS. He wasn't handed everything on a platter like football players.

It is called capitalism, and yes, it is fair, that is how much money they bring into the football world and without them, it wouldn\'t be there. If the players aren\'t getting more money, who should be, the owners? So you want tons of football players to make less money while one guy who owns the team gets a lot lot more. Because, that is the only other option. Americans love football and I don\'t see that changing anytime soon.

Teachers should have got into a business that made more money if they wanted to make more. I doubt they were forced to become teachers.

My girlfriend is a teacher... she deserves more... of course...

That doesn't mean the NFL players deserve less...

If a teacher can find a way to reach 100 million people, Im sure they would get paid pretty damn well.

Yes yes it does, it means exactly that. That DO NOT in ANYWAY deserve what they're getting. What are they contributing to society? Entertainment, nothing more nothing less. How long do societies that put more emphasis on entertainment last? Ask Rome.

This will happen to the Jets. The Pats sign their rookies to low end deals (just like the Jets have/will do), assess where they are when those deals expire, and then offer them what they feel is market value.

The Pats felt that there wasn\'t enough body of work on Samuel to offer him mega bucks but they did see that he had a great year and franchised him.

Samuel made $750K last year. The Pats offered him a deal of $7.7 million. I\'d take a 1000% pay raise.

Would you take it if you could get a 1500 percent raise elsewhere along with the security you wouldn\'t get if you took the 1000 percent raise?

The only thing you can compare a slinky to in football is Penny's arm.:P

Outside of that, you cannot compare any business to football. The slinky maker earned his money over YEARS. He wasn't handed everything on a platter like football players.

Handed on a platter?

Are you kidding?

these guys workout harder than you could ever dream of...

Yes yes it does, it means exactly that. That DO NOT in ANYWAY deserve what they\'re getting. What are they contributing to society? Entertainment, nothing more nothing less. How long do societies that put more emphasis on entertainment last? Ask Rome.

put up or shut up, you are the reason they are getting paid that much, no one elses fault but us fans.

It is called capitalism, and yes, it is fair, that is how much money they bring into the football world and without them, it wouldn\'t be there. If the players aren\'t getting more money, who should be, the owners? So you want tons of football players to make less money while one guy who owns the team gets a lot lot more. Because, that is the only other option. Americans love football and I don\'t see that changing anytime soon.

Teachers should have got into a business that made more money if they wanted to make more. I doubt they were forced to become teachers.

I maintain that ANYONE playing a GAME does not deserve millions of dollars a year.

That's the thing, "If they wanted more money they should looked elsewhere", easy to say, not so easy to do. Unless your a business owner you won't even come CLOSE to what these guys make. And even then it's questionable.

Handed on a platter?

Are you kidding?

these guys workout harder than you could ever dream of...

Dude, say it with me now, A GAME. I'm a goalie, I know what it takes to play at any level, Should i get paid millions because I can stop a puck? No, I don't deserve it. And neither do they.

I maintain that ANYONE playing a GAME does not deserve millions of dollars a year.

That\'s the thing, \"If they wanted more money they should looked elsewhere\", easy to say, not so easy to do. Unless your a business owner you won\'t even come CLOSE to what these guys make. And even then it\'s questionable.

Maybe they should have started playing sports at an early age.

Again, dont\' blame the players, blame yourself. It is only your fault they are making so much money. As soon as a school starts bringing in billions of dollars per year, im sure the teachers will get a raise.

That's the thing, "If they wanted more money they should looked elsewhere", easy to say, not so easy to do. Unless your a business owner you won't even come CLOSE to what these guys make. And even then it's questionable.

I a business owner and I make less than a lot of teachers...

Would you take it if you could get a 1500 percent raise elsewhere along with the security you wouldn\'t get if you took the 1000 percent raise?

They are in the UNION. Sometimes working in the UNION structure does not allow you to do what you want. If you don't like unions, don't join.

Dude, say it with me now, A GAME. I\'m a goalie, I know what it takes to play at any level, Should i get paid millions because I can stop a puck? No, I don\'t deserve it. And neither do they.

Well, you aren\'t good enough to make millions. If you were, Im sure you would take it.

Either way, its not a game to them, its a business.

Should musicians and artists not get paid either, because its just music and art.

It depends as there are no guarantees.

If Samuels holds out he will forfiet his salary until week 10 and if BB doesn't active him for the remaining games his perceived payday may be a lot less than he imagined in 2008.

It depends as there are no guarantees.

If Samuels holds out he will forfiet his salary until week 10 and if BB doesn\'t active him for the remaining games his perceived payday may be a lot less than he imagined in 2008.

Thats his decision to make.

Well, you aren\'t good enough to make millions. If you were, Im sure you would take it.

Either way, its not a game to them, its a business.

Should musicians and artists not get paid either, because its just music and art.

I have the choice to move onto a higher league or get an actual JOB, I chose a more honest living, it's harder, it builds character.

Once you start talking Millions for anything that's entertainment based I cringe.

Yeah, but this union does allow him to do exactly what he is doing :) Nothing wrong with that, right?

Yes, there is everything wrong with that. Unions operate on charters and agreements. When the player's org allows its members to hold out on a franchise tag situation, they are telling the teams that said charters and agreements mean zippo. Thus, when the teams and players lose trust, you have scabs come in to play, as has happened before. I, for one, never want to see that happen again.

I have the choice to move onto a higher league or get an actual JOB, I chose a more honest living, it\'s harder, it builds character.

Once you start talking Millions for anything that\'s entertainment based I cringe.

Well, I guess you just aren\'t a fan of capitalism, because that is how it works. Anytime any society gets the extra money that we do, the entertainment industry blows up. I guess all you can wish for is a huge decline in american money, and then you will get exactly what you wish for.

Well, I guess you just aren\'t a fan of capitalism, because that is how it works. Anytime any society gets the extra money that we do, the entertainment industry blows up. I guess all you can wish for is a huge decline in american money, and then you will get exactly what you wish for.

Holy crap, being against entertainers making more money then people who deserve more makes me the next Osama Bin Laden?.

Thanks, I never knew I hated American until this moment. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Yes, there is everything wrong with that. Unions operate on charters and agreements. When the player\'s org allows its members to hold out on a franchise tag situation, they are telling the teams that said charters and agreements mean zippo. Thus, when the teams and players lose trust, you have scabs come in to play, as has happened before. I, for one, never want to see that happen again.

Then pay them according to how much money they bring in. They are bringing in billions, they deserve to get their percentage. Its either that or 32 owners are going to be even bigger millionaires and billionaires.

Holy crap, being against entertainers making more money then people who deserve more makes me the next Osama Bin Laden.

Thanks, I never knew I hated American until this moment.

You may not hate america, but you hate the basis of capitalism. Because this is what it is.

Then pay them according to how much money they bring in. They are bringing in billions, they deserve to get their percentage. Its either that or 32 owners are going to be even bigger millionaires and billionaires.

You may not hate america, but you hate the basis of capitalism. Because this is what it is.

Quoted for truth.

You're more amazing then Oktaren, Can you tell me what's in my future too? Because it seems you've got what I believe locked down.

You\'re more amazing then Oktaren, Can you tell me what\'s in my future too? Because it seems you\'ve got what I believe locked down.

I am sorry that you don\'t understand what capitalism is.

Even though as a professor I am supposed to hate wikipedia, you need to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

By the way, who is this Oktaren, and why do people keep bringing him up?

I am sorry that you don\'t understand what capitalism is.

Even though as a professor I am supposed to hate wikipedia, you need to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

By the way, who is this Oktaren, and why do people keep bringing him up?

I think my education has fully covered all aspects of this, unlike many my age I know what I'm talking about before I open my mouth. I don't claim that my opinion is the only right one or acuse anyone of hating America, or what it stands for. so basically you can send that wikipedia link right back where it came from.

I think my education has fully covered all aspects of this, unlike many my age I know what I'm talking about before I open my mouth. I don't claim that my opinion is the only right one or acuse anyone of hating America, or what it stands for. so basically you can send that wikipedia link right back where it came from.

Where did it come from?

I think my education has fully covered all aspects of this, unlike many my age I know what I\\\'m talking about before I open my mouth. I don\\\'t claim that my opinion is the only right one or acuse anyone of hating America, or what it stands for. so basically you can send that wikipedia link right back where it came from.

Thats fine, if you want to be ignorant on the subject that is fine with me. I don\\\'t care what age you are, you should never stop trying to learn. Either way, capitalism isn\\\'t an opinion, its a solid concept. I never accused you of hating america, i said you didn\\\'t like capitalism, which based on your opinions you expressed, you don\\\'t.

Archived