Report: Samuel to hold out until Week 10

Ryno the Jet

We need this to happen:

Patriots | Wilson may replace Samuel

Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:32:39 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots FS Eugene Wilson could possibly replace CB Asante Samuel at cornerback if Samuel does not report to the team.

This would be a downgrade of gigantic proportions IMO, especially since Mangenious is not there to keep a broken secondary mended...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the Pats are prepared for a Championship run?

With our front 7, we'd still be alright with Hobbs and Wilson although I don't think it's going to happen. Not to mention that a team is going to have to score 30 points to outgun us.

Look, I am even looking from a non-biased standpoint, and I have no idea why the media is kneeling down and letting Robert Kraft cum in their faces. Randy Moss is a bum now, even if he wasn't a Pat, I would still say he sucks, because, well, he is just old sewer scum. A lot of Jet fans had wet dreams over Adalius Thomas, and I will concede that that is an improvement. The Wes Welker deal still leaves me in awe. A 3rd for a slot receiver and mediocre to average returner? Miami actually made a decision that worked in their favor this year! Look, I am not saying that they will not compete, but the glory days are over.

With our front 7, we'd still be alright with Hobbs and Wilson although I don't think it's going to happen. Not to mention that a team is going to have to score 30 points to outgun us.

Alk you are scaring me. I have to agree with you, but if Moss and Brady don't hook up often he will be a cancer to that team. Le me ask you a question. The first time he takes a play off and decides not to run the route or half asses it, will you still be happy you have him. I do think you are right the Pats will score a lot of points this season.

Alk you are scaring me. I have to agree with you, but if Moss and Brady don't hook up often he will be a cancer to that team. Le me ask you a question. The first time he takes a play off and decides not to run the route or half asses it, will you still be happy you have him. I do think you are right the Pats will score a lot of points this season.

I really don't think Moss is going to be a problem as long as we're winning. He's to the point in his career where the only thing he needs is a title to validate it. If he does show one sign of half-a$$ing it then no I won't be happy. More importantly, neither will the coaching staff and they made it perfectly clear to him that it won't be tolerated. I think the threat of him getting dumped by a legitimate super bowl contender then possibly having to play for another Raiders caliber franchise should be enough to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Yes, he has been in the past too, just not for that high school franchise they have out in Oakland. That still doesn't make it okay...but I understand...:lol:

Im assuming Minn was a 'high school franchise' as well?

Seriously though, Moss knows the Pats aren't going to cut him at the first signs of slacking or they never would have traded for him in the first place. Don't fool yourself, Bellicheck is a great football coach, but he is not a psychotherapist. Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather, and Thomas will still be the same people and will carry the same attitudes with them no matter where they are playing. Sure, Moss wants to win, but he'll never do it at the expense of his ego.

Im assuming Minn was a 'high school franchise' as well?

Seriously though, Moss knows the Pats aren't going to cut him at the first signs of slacking or they never would have traded for him in the first place. Don't fool yourself, Bellicheck is a great football coach, but he is not a psychotherapist. Moss, Stallworth, Merriweather, and Thomas will still be the same people and will carry the same attitudes with them no matter where they are playing. Sure, Moss wants to win, but he'll never do it at the expense of his ego.

When Minny was winning, all he ever did was pump up the team and Daunte. When things started to go bad he become such richard's noggin. For the Jets sake I hope he doesn't get off to a good start and runs the Pats down the tube. But, unfortunately I don't think that will happen. If the Jets can't win the super bowl I'll root for whoever is against the Pats.

Even without Samuel, the New England secondary would still be a very good one, even with Wilson playing out of place. That would just enable Brandon Meriweather to play, who is the next Ed Reed and the only reason why he fell so low was because of his off the field and on the field actions during his Senior year. He was thought to be a Top 10 pick for sure before his Senior season. Eventually he'll replace Harrison and New England will not miss a step.

They have one hell of a team, with a lot of depth. One player cannot destroy a team like New England, unless of course that one player is Tom Brady.

What we really need is this:

Patriots | Alk may replace Samuel

Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:32:39 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports Kansas FS Alk could possibly replace CB Asante Samuel at cornerback if Samuel does not report to the team.

lol barton

Samuel will report though...even if he for some reason doesn't, and ends up traded like Branch, it wont mean much....unfortunately for fans of 31 other teams, Brady doesnt seem to be a buddy buddy with Samuel as he was with Branch. In other words, dont count on Brady struggling because of the situation like he did with Branch.

What we really need is this:

You really wouldn't want that. How bad would it suck to not only have a Patriots fan posting on your board but have a Patriots fan with his own super bowl ring posting on your board? :P

FOXSports.com

Posted: 57 minutes ago

The Patriots made a splash with all their off-season additions. Now they're making news with a potential off-season subtraction.

Disgruntled cornerback Asante Samuel, one of the team's defensive standouts, has said he will not show up at New England's minicamp and will not report to the team until Week 10 of the regular season, according to a report on the web site of the Boston Globe Tuesday.

"I'm not coming to camp," he told the paper. "I'm not showing up until the 10th week (of the season). I feel unappreciated. The way they're treating me is just wrong."

The Patriots made Samuel their franchise player back in February, a tag that would guarantee Samuel a one-year, $7.9 million deal. But since Samuel has not signed that tender, he is technically not under contract and therefore the Patriots cannot fine him for missing camp.

Under the league's collective bargaining agreement, Samuel has until July 15 to sign a deal with New England. If no agreement is reached by then, Samuel can only sign a one-year deal and cannot sign a contract extension until after the 2007 regular season.

Samuel led New England with 10 interceptions in 2006, nearly half of the team's total of 22. He also had 24 passes defensed, and was fifth on the team with 65 tackles.

The 25-year-old Samuel was a 4th round selection by the Patriots in 2003.

link

Dude, where in the f#ck have you been? We've been discussing this the entire afternoon. Freakin' newbies anyway. :lol:

I read the other thread, and this whinefest wasn't in there. it needed it's own thread. :-$:Nuts:

You know what, this m'fer is right. I shutting down my computer, storming in to my boss' office, and letting her know the whatfor. 7.9 mil; HA! What a joke...no way should he accept being paid like a top five player at his position.

Tell me again the point of the Franchise Tag, which the player's union agreed to, if these idiots are allowed to get away with this BS.

We are talking about a guy who has a tattoo on his arm that reads: Get Paid

That is just to remind him to pick up his paycheck. I heard the NE human resources department was tired of tracking him down, so they made it easy for him to remember...

That is just to remind him to pick up his paycheck. I heard the NE human resources department was tired of tracking him down, so they made it easy for him to remember...

I guess "direct deposit" would have been too big to fit on his arm.

The man wants to maximize his profits from his career, he is not under contract... why is it a bad thing that he wants to get paid?

There's a difference between wnating to get what you deserve and being a petulant child.

The man wants to maximize his profits from his career, he is not under contract... why is it a bad thing that he wants to get paid?

I do not find fault with that, but the Patriots exercised their right to place the franchise tag on him, which is clearly legal as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.

There's a difference between wnating to get what you deserve and being a petulant child.

There are many NFL teams that would pay him top dollar and for a long time... wouldnt you be pissed if you were working somewhere but couldn't leave and go somewhere else for twice as much?

I do not find fault with that, but the Patriots exercised their right to place the franchise tag on him, which is clearly legal as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.

So is the right to sit out until week 10.

There are many NFL teams that would pay him top dollar and for a long time... wouldnt you be pissed if you were working somewhere but couldn't leave and go somewhere else for twice as much?

Business is business, this way he ain't playing at all and it makes him look like an ass. Take your medicine and earn your damn pay check, IMO

Archived