Bob Horry has 7 rings

Matt39

He had the most controversial play in this years playoffs and he played killer d, but this was by far his least amount of contribution to a championship effort. Give the man his credit, however, as you are not in the right place at the right time coincidentally seven times IMO.

The Spurs are not finished folks. I do not usually talk hoops here, but in light of my team's recent success, I think I am entitled to gloat today!

Hall of Fame career though?

I think you have to let him in despite him never being 'the guy' on any of his teams. There's something to be said for someone who does the little things, and seven rings is hard to leave out of the hall.

Horry won it for the Spurs when he took a cheap shot on Nash...

Rigggghhhhttttt....so, that foul never happens, the two idiots never leave the bench, and all of the sudden the Suns win the entire series? Sure buddy.

If my aunt had junk, she'd be a hermaphrodite...at least that could be proven.

Total speculation on your part ecurb, sorry.

Hall of Fame career though?

I think you have to let him in despite him never being 'the guy' on any of his teams. There's something to be said for someone who does the little things, and seven rings is hard to leave out of the hall.

I agree. Maybe not as much this year, but he has been a major contributor to all 6 of his other championship teams. You could even make a case that without his D this year, the Spurs may not have made it...

Rigggghhhhttttt....so, that foul never happens, the two idiots never leave the bench, and all of the sudden the Suns win the entire series? Sure buddy.

If my aunt had junk, she'd be a hermaphrodite...at least that could be proven.

Total speculation on your part ecurb, sorry.

I agree. Maybe not as much this year, but he has been a major contributor to all 6 of his other championship teams. You could even make a case that without his D this year, the Spurs may not have made it...

Your a spurs fan?

Horry should be in the HOF because of the rings. But you can make an argument against that also.

Isn't there a Football player - Marv Fleming - a TE on the Packers, Dolphins, among others, who had like 4-5 rings early on? But his career is so far from the HOF, and he rightfully is not there.

Your a spurs fan?

S! P! U! R! S! You're damn right! I guess I have an affinity for teams whose fans spell out the team name a million times during a game? :)

Truthfully, I was born, raised, and live an hour from S.A. They are the only game in town!

Horry should be in the HOF because of the rings. But you can make an argument against that also.

Isn't there a Football player - Marv Fleming - a TE on the Packers, Dolphins, among others, who had like 4-5 rings early on? But his career is so far from the HOF, and he rightfully is not there.

Horry differs from Flemming in that he actually contributed to each championship title.

Anyone who mentions him in the same breath as Jordan deserves to be shot. Will Smith is a decent basketball player, but is lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Jordan could not have won any of his titles without his supporting cast; Pippen, Kerr, Paxson, Grant, etc. As was proven yet again this year, the NBA has not reached the point where one player alone can win you a ring. Luck does not earn you the nickname: "Big Shot BOB!"

I am not, nor is anyone, saying that Horry is on par with Jordan, but to dismiss Horry's success as luck is not a fair assessment IMO.

Archived