AL East 2nd Baseman

GimmeShelter

Upton

Roberts

Cano

Hill

Pedroia

That just right now though. Upton might move to CF, Hill should only get better, and Pedroia I dont see sustaining his level of play. Too short. He's got good plate discipline, so maybe he can but the guy is like 5'5. He makes Chuck Knoblauch look tall.

Upton

Roberts

Cano

Hill

Pedroia

That just right now though. Upton might move to CF, Hill should only get better, and Pedroia I dont see sustaining his level of play. Too short. He's got good plate discipline, so maybe he can but the guy is like 5'5. He makes Chuck Knoblauch look tall.

Pedroia was the college defensive player of the year, at SS. He's also hit like this at every level. I think he'll be a good player for years to come.

With Pedroia, Buchholz and Ellsbury looming, the Sox have a nice core of young players. As long as they don't trade them away (unless it's for Oswalt).

Pedroia was the college defensive player of the year, at SS. He's also hit like this at every level. I think he'll be a good player for years to come.

With Pedroia, Buchholz and Ellsbury looming, the Sox have a nice core of young players. As long as they don't trade them away (unless it's for Oswalt).

Hitting at every level means jack. So has Andy freakin Phillips and a bunch of other minor leaguers who sucked in the bigs. Hell, Andy even hit his first few months in the bigs just like Pedroia. Pedroia is not bad though esp for a little puss who crys too much. You might be right.

Ellsbury has got to be the most overrated prospect in the game. The guy has no power, and a crap arm.

Hitting at every level means jack. So has Andy freakin Phillips and a bunch of other minor leaguers who sucked in the bigs. Hell, Andy even hit his first few months in the bigs just like Pedroia. Pedroia is not bad though esp for a little puss who crys too much. You might be right.

Ellsbury has got to be the most overrated prospect in the game. The guy has no power, and a crap arm.

Ellsbury is amazingly overrated. Thats very true.

Ellsbury is amazingly overrated. Thats very true.

Ellsbury has played 3 games in the bigs, so how is he overrated? The Sox sent him back to Pawtucket last week (not because he didn't perform) to let him get on the field everyday.

Ellsbury has played 3 games in the bigs, so how is he overrated? The Sox sent him back to Pawtucket last week (not because he didn't perform) to let him get on the field everyday.

Do you really think I would base my evaluation of a player on 3 games? Players don't just appear in the majors out of nowhere. They have a track record to look at.

Do you really think I would base my evaluation of a player on 3 games? Players don't just appear in the majors out of nowhere. They have a track record to look at.

I take it you watch a lot of Pawtucket games?

As far as I've seen he had never been "rated." How does that make him overrated?

I've seen many a post from you singing the praises of Yankee minor leaguers.

I take it you watch a lot of Pawtucket games?

As far as I've seen he had never been "rated." How does that make him overrated?

I've seen many a post from you singing the praises of Yankee minor leaguers.

I've known who he was and have been following him (and many other prospects) WAY before he got to AAA.

LOL....Phillips has never hit in the bigs with any exteded AB's. Ellsbury is probably nothing more than Melky like but many consider Buchholz right behing Huges prospect wise.

NL East 3rd Basemen:

1. Miguel Cabrera

2. Chipper Jones

3. Ryan Zimmerman

4. David Wright

5. Dobbs/Nunez/Helms

Just sayin

This is why you are widely considered the biggest waste of time in this forum no matter how hard all try and get along with you. The thread was about AL East 2nd baseman but since you thought you'd be a ah@le as is your norm, Wright's 1st 2 full big league seasons are better than anyone on the list except for Cabrera. In fact, they are better than the Captain in the Bronx as well.

Just sayin.........

This is why you are widely considered the biggest waste of time in this forum no matter how hard all try and get along with you. The thread was about AL East 2nd baseman but since you thought you'd be a ah@le as is your norm, Wright's 1st 2 full big league seasons are better than anyone on the list except for Cabrera. In fact, they are better than the Captain in the Bronx as well.

Just sayin.........

Not when Jeter is a SS, and Wright is a 3rd baseman. Plus, Jeter won a ring and rookie of the year his 1st season.

Just sayin.........

Hahaha. You are a clown. I was merely having a little fun and playing a long with your subtle little attempts to throw a barb at anything to do with the Yankees. You know, that game you play everyday.

Get the f over yourself crybaby.

Not when Jeter is a SS, and Wright is a 3rd baseman. Plus, Jeter won a ring and rookie of the year his 1st season.

Don't worry about it Barton. He was just planting a seed that he was hoping would sprout 4 pages later as a bash Cano/Yankees thread. The usual from him.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how all of these 2Bs play out, but I think Roberts and (more likely) Hill might be going other places in the not so distant future...

LOL....Phillips has never hit in the bigs with any exteded AB's. Ellsbury is probably nothing more than Melky like but many consider Buchholz right behing Huges prospect wise.

Dude, Phillips in 2005 May and June he hit .306 and then .333 with 4 home runs. Pedroia, like Phillips struggled his 1st month, but had big mays and junes.

Dont get me wrong, Pedroia probably has staying power and Phillips doesnt. But the point I was making is that hitting for a high avg in the minors really doesnt mean he'll do it in the majors. Its not like Pedroia was a big time prospect. He should be solid, but I think he'll slow down noticeably in the 2nd half and the rest of his career. He's not gonna hit .318 with a .400obp his whole career, he just isnt that good I think.

Dude, Phillips in 2005 May and June he hit .306 and then .333 with 4 home runs. Pedroia, like Phillips struggled his 1st month, but had big mays and junes.

Dont get me wrong, Pedroia probably has staying power and Phillips doesnt. But the point I was making is that hitting for a high avg in the minors really doesnt mean he'll do it in the majors. Its not like Pedroia was a big time prospect. He should be solid, but I think he'll slow down noticeably in the 2nd half and the rest of his career. He's not gonna hit .318 with a .400obp his whole career, he just isnt that good I think.

I agree.

Pedroia will probably end up hitting in the .260-.280 range. I have no problem with that. He's good in the field and has some "attitude" about him (from what I've seen on NESN this season).

Yep sure they do. When ARod homered as a SS it counted as 3 HR's as opposed to only counting as 1 when he homers now as a 3rd baseman.

The position players play directly effects their value to a team because of ALL the other players who play that spot.

The position players play directly effects their value to a team because of ALL the other players who play that spot.

So if Jeter had stepped aside and let the better defensive and offensive SS in ARod play would his numbers be considered so-so as say a 3rd baseman......remember earlier it was stated he'd be first ballot HOF as the Padres RF.

So if Jeter had stepped aside and let the better defensive and offensive SS in ARod play would his numbers be considered so-so as say a 3rd baseman......remember earlier it was stated he'd be first ballot HOF as the Padres RF.

Jeter would be great no matter what position he played however if he moved from SS to 3B his value would go down some.

It's funny how every post with you has to come back to trying to bash the yankees.

Jeter would be great no matter what position he played however if he moved from SS to 3B his value would go down some.

It's funny how every post with you has to come back to trying to bash the yankees.

What's funnier is looking at the last 20 threads he's started. 75% about the Yankees. :lol:

It really doesn't matter what position they play. Wright's numbers still were better and if he was a 1996 Yank he would have a ring as well.

Yes it does, and considering Jeter was HUGE in the 1996 playoffs you cant say they'd have won without him. I know you hate Jeter and all, but be fair at least.

Different positions have different offensive values.

Exactly.

Right again. And if you moved Wright to 1B his value wouldnt be as high as it is at 3rd. Move Cano to RF and his value isnt as high as it is at 2nd base etc etc etc etc.

Just like Hughes isn't going to dominate the big leagues the way he did the minors. Right?

Archived