AL East 2nd Baseman

GimmeShelter

You just compared the #1 prospect in baseball to Dustin Pedroia. Good job.

I didn't compare him to Hughes, I just find it funny that one players route through the minors is held up to mean that he'll be great. Another players route is dismissed. Odd.

You're underrating Pedroia. He's good.

I think he's solid. But not .318, .400 OBP, 450 SLG good. He'll probably be an above average 2nd baseman for a good part of his career. I just cant think of any good 5'6 players in baseball, ever. At least in the last 20 years or so. There were probably more than few way back when before the 70's I bet.

I think he's solid. But not .318, .400 OBP, 450 SLG good. He'll probably be an above average 2nd baseman for a good part of his career. I just cant think of any good 5'6 players in baseball, ever. At least in the last 20 years or so. There were probably more than few way back when before the 70's I bet.

I think he can sustain something close to 390/430 production which would make him one of the better 2B in baseball.

I didn't compare him to Hughes, I just find it funny that one players route through the minors is held up to mean that he'll be great. Another players route is dismissed. Odd.

Simple misunderstanding, thor.

1st of all, Hughes wont put up the same numbers in the majors that he did in AA or AAA. And I'm not saying he's a lock to be great either.

Pedroia is hitting alittle over his head right now, I think. Lets see how he does once teams get a book on him. He should still be solid once they adjust to him though. His AAA #'s were bleh, and I dont think he's a .320 hitter, sorry.

Simple misunderstanding, thor.

1st of all, Hughes wont put up the same numbers in the majors that he did in AA or AAA. And I'm not saying he's a lock to be great either.

Pedroia is hitting alittle over his head right now, I think. Lets see how he does once teams get a book on him. He should still be solid once they adjust to him though. His AAA #'s were bleh, and I dont think he's a .320 hitter, sorry.

No problem.

If, as a second baseman, he hits .280, 10HR and 80RBI, I'm a happy fan.

No problem.

If, as a second baseman, he hits .280, 10HR and 80RBI, I'm a happy fan.

Damn right. And small guys while power limited, have smaller strike zones. So it can make them really tuff outs, and Pedroia seems to be one of those guys.

But man, does he whine alot or what? Seems like alot of the sox players do every time a call (they think) goes against them, they flip. I mean, little boy dont you mention Arods name in the press ever again. You arent a pimple on his a##, literally.

How exactly do you want to quantify him being "lazy?" Every defensive metric shows him as a well above avg 2B.

Oh, That would be LWNPA stat.

You probably have not heard of that yet, as I have developed that along with several other newfangled stats with some "experts" on baseball.

I am presently writing a book about that stat and several other new ones.

It will be a best seller to geeks and no life kids who pretend that they want to know about baseball, in order to have some measure of importance against other people. Many of those kids will go on message boards and repeat these stats to the annoyance of many others.

It won't matter to me, as I will be rich and famous (well, more famous) and will have duped the naive. You, will still be Madmike.

Oh, That would be LWNPA stat.

You probably have not heard of that yet, as I have developed that along with several other newfangled stats with some "experts" on baseball.

I am presently writing a book about that stat and several other new ones.

It will be a best seller to geeks and no life kids who pretend that they want to know about baseball, in order to have some measure of importance against other people. Many of those kids will go on message boards and repeat these stats to the annoyance of many others.

It won't matter to me, as I will be rich and famous (well, more famous) and will have duped the naive. You, will still be Madmike.

tl dr

How exactly do you want to quantify him being "lazy?" Every defensive metric shows him as a well above avg 2B.

There are several perplexing aspects of Robinson Cano's game, not least of which is his lack of plate discipline. I think the book has changed on Cano this year. Everyone used to try and bust him inside... thinking his big blind spot was up and in, above the hands. He refuses to make adjustments...out of laziness I wonder????

Now everyone is staying low, bouncing stuff off the ground, and out of the strike zone, this letting Cano's lack of patience get himself out. His inability to let these pitches go by would make Alphonso Soriano jealous.

It's amazing that the Pedroia/Cano debate even exists. If you had asked me before the season if DP vs. Cano was even debatable, I would have laughed. If you ask me today, pull the trigger on the trade, I would seriously hesitate.

There are several perplexing aspects of Robinson Cano's game, not least of which is his lack of plate discipline. I think the book has changed on Cano this year. Everyone used to try and bust him inside... thinking his big blind spot was up and in, above the hands. He refuses to make adjustments...out of laziness I wonder????

Now everyone is staying low, bouncing stuff off the ground, and out of the strike zone, this letting Cano's lack of patience get himself out. His inability to let these pitches go by would make Alphonso Soriano jealous.

It's amazing that the Pedroia/Cano debate even exists. If you had asked me before the season if DP vs. Cano was even debatable, I would have laughed. If you ask me today, pull the trigger on the trade, I would seriously hesitate.

Cano is still better than and is going to always be better than Pedroia anyway.

This is one of your more coherent posts... Congrats. It's true that Cano's lack of discipline has become a problem for him but I would still argue that he has more upside than Pedroia does. It's not a no brainer though.

This is one of your more coherent posts... Congrats. It's true that Cano's lack of discipline has become a problem for him but I would still argue that he has more upside than Pedroia does. It's not a no brainer though.

I'll agree with you that Cano has more upside, he's just more athletic than Pedroia. There's no denying that he can be the better player. Pedroia seems like a harder worker, more heady player.

It says volumes as to the type of player they are. Cano has all the athletic ability in the world, but is impatient. Pedroia, while athletically limited, gets all that he can out of it.

Should be fun to compare these two over the next couple of years.

Archived